Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- continuation of FDK Response to John's FDK --

so he probably already knows he shot the Lex Luthor,” Lois continued.
JOHN: That seems a major jump.
Well, if they knew who they were from listening to them talk, they they probably heard Clark yell "Luthor" when Lex was shot and put 1+1 together.
LEX-C: And he'd be wrong! Ninner-ninner-ninner!

Because Lois and Lex have never previously appeared in photos? No one shot a photo of Lois and Lex at the White Orchid Ball?
Probably not then, because Lois wasn't on a date with Lex and there were more important dignitaries at the party to photograph and Lex's space station plans. But according to Lex's earlier flashback, Paul Bender tried to sell him information about Lois based on a society photo of Lex and Lois at some party the previous summer.

She needs to tell him she knows The Secret, before she can fully encourage him this way.
LOIS: I'm doing the best I can.

Oh, I was hoping she was looking at her hand titly held in his. That was the image I had in my head anyway.
Nope, they aren't holding hands in full view of Lex.

The pressure of being with Lois and not being able to do what he wants.
CLARK: That works for me.

If this was season 2 the bad guys would have kryptonite for sure.
Or S3. Lex really opened the door on people getting access to Kryptonite.

You're within firing range either way Jimmy.
JIMMY: Which is why I don't want to get any closer.

Ah, maybe he has figured out she is pregnant. [John runs off to hide]
LOIS: What?
CLARK: What?
LEX: What?
PERRY: I knew it.
JIMMY: /hands five dollar bill to Jimbo/

Clark:Why not, if we are going to mock Luthor for what he does not have, why not go all the way.

Lois:I am not making love to you here.

Clark:You did in the hospital.
LOIS: I thought you thought that was a dream.
CLARK: drool

Clark:If I hadn't been here doing my taxes, I probably could have saved Lois.
I wonder if anyone has ever written a FlyHard rewrite with Clark on the outside.

Should he really admit he knows what they are after?
JIMMY: Ooops.

But why not just shot him and take the payoff from Intergang?
grumble Curse.
LOIS: Really, Clark, if you're going to curse, just curse. Don't just say "curse"!

Clark:I lived in one dimension where my secret was blown, not going to happen here.
Depends on what's at stake.

Clark:I could probably save you Lois, but 12 million or more people would die (We learn in "Smart Kids" Metropolis is a "city of 12 million people).
Really? 12 million? That's big.

Clark:If I do anything, Luthor will learn The secret, and we can't have that.
LOIS: You could just kiss him to make him forget.
CLARK: You'll never forgive Hollywood for that, will you?
LOIS: Should I? Should you? They ruined your reputation with that one kiss! They took you from being the big Boy Scout hero to potential serial date rapist from Krypton. Even if I consented to sex with you, if you take away my memories, it's like taking away my consent.
CLARK: Okay, you win. I hate that scene too.
LOIS: Just accept that as a given, Clark, and your life will be so much easily.
CLARK: Uh-huh. Not happening.
LEX: Kill me instead, please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- continuation of FDK Response to John's FDK --

So there are a total of at least 8 people in on the operation.
Hey, they're the ones who brought up the van *and* helicopter. It wasn't MY plan.

And also knows they are crazies with a bomb.
Exactly.

Clark:You don't think someone took note of the Planet front door being locked for the first time in 45 years?
LOIS: Uh... yeah.

Lois:This can't be Luthor. He knows I don't have a cat.
When's the last time Lex was actually INSIDE Lois's apartment (officially).

Lois puts an elbow into Clark's side for calling someone else beautiful.
CLARK: I deserved that one.

At least Jimmy cut off the telling of Lex-clone. It would be very bad if Lex knew that Lois and Cat worked with each other.
How could he not know? Their desks touch.

Lois:That is the main thing I fed her.
CAT: Lois fed me Lex? [Linked Image] Thank you. No.

Wise Clark, never trust a back-stabber.
Well, Lex does suggest to give them money to release them. That's a form of negotiation. If he's willing to negotiate with terrorists, what else might he be willing to give up.
LEX: Oh, the money I offered was to release Ms. Lane and I. We have tickets to tonight's opera and I really don't want to miss the second act. You can do whatever you wish to these other hostages.

Does he mean Went away=away to jail?
Yep.

Does Clark know Bill and Cat met while Lois was in jail?
Clark knows because Henderson mentioned meeting Cat. I don't recall if Lois knows.

Clark:I have never heard you describe her as only a bit of a slut.
Well, she did give up sex as a hobby at the beginning of Feb.

Lois:Do you want me to bite you with them?
CLARK: laugh
LOIS: But where would the fun be in that?

Deep kissing might fit the bill. Although maybe it would have to be more than that.
CLARK: /pondering/ if Lois doesn't remember us sleeping together would it still activate the curse?

but his arms were already crossed over Lois’s belly.
JOHN: Thus protecting their child. [John runs off to hide again]
LOIS: What?
LEX: What?
CLARK: Why does he keep saying that?

This would never work. A-Superman would never agree to it. B-How would they do Superman touches Clark. C-How would they even do the negotiate with Superman thing with her on his lap?
LOIS: Well, Clark could offer to go up to the roof to get Superman, and then he can fool the hostages by kissing me in an attempt to wipe my mind, for let's say five minutes, and then super speed and steel the bomb from Fuentes.
LEX: I don't like the middle part of that plan.

Jimbo has a really good point. Actually not only not just regular toching, but not anything less than super intimate touching.
WOMEN OF METROPOLIS: [Linked Image]

Jimmy:Actually, my idea was worse.
JIMMY: Really, Remy. Shoot me now.

Yeah, more touching. Although this seems more like wallbash
CLARK: Yep, something like that.

LNN report:Superman has developed a new date-rape technique. Police have now included him as a suspect in all unexplained rapes over the last year.
LEX: Hey, that sounds like a good story.

What exactly was she suggesting? Anything less would undermine his rescues.
She's not suggesting anything specific, she's just trying out ideas and building on one until it explodes.

Lois:But you sleep with him all the time.
Yes, but as SM he'd have to kiss everyone in the room.

Clark must really like this.
CLARK: I'm not saying 'I don't'.

Clark:Seriously discuss. We are talking about lying about Superman's abilities in ways that if talked about will make everyone afraid of him.
LOIS: Come on, Clark, it's not as if MR. Truth and Justice doesn't lie all the time.
LEX: /sits up and takes notice/
CLARK: /looks away/ I have no idea what you're talking about.
LOIS: There, he just did it again.

Cat got shot?
[Linked Image]

She would at a minimum take him and Lois.
REMY: Why would I want Lois in there with us?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is another reason it never made sense to me that Lois would date and/or marry Lex. How could she continue her career if she was constantly being photographed with Lex for the society pages?
Well, in this world the DP takes out billboards with the photos of their top two investigative reporters plastered on them, so Lois seems to have no problem with people recognizing her.

Plus, when she kissed Superman on international TV as he was about to go save the world that probably made her the most recognized woman on earth. So dating Lex really could not increase her face recognition.

On another note, I guess I was wrong. Lois did a lot more with Clark than with Jimbo. I think I meant to say "Lois, you didn't do anything with Clark that you didn't also do with Jimbo". That would have been correct.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I wonder if anyone has ever written a FlyHard rewrite with Clark on the outside.
This sounds like a good challenge.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: At least we'd be in jail together.
But they separate men and women in jail.

CLARK: /pondering/ if Lois doesn't remember us sleeping together would it still activate the curse?
The real reason that Clark uses the Memory wipe kiss in SM2. He realizes there is a curse, but if she forgets the curse will not come into effect.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: I'mmmmm Back!
I think they *don’t* know them, after all.
LOIS: Officially, I'm not his girlfriend!
CLARK: You guys know, I'll just turn around if you just start shooting, right?
LEX: Officially? What do you mean 'officially', Lois?

“You do know that this means, if we sit down, I’ll have to sit in Clark’s lap,” Lois complained.
CLARK: [knowing his low threshold for such touching] That’s torture!
LOIS: Such torture. [giggles innocently and then scratches an itch on her left butt cheek without using her hands] /makes note to wiggle a bit when sitting down/
LOIS: Who needs to sit down?
CLARK: Ice break. I need an ice break.
LOIS: huh
CLARK: Sorry, restroom break! I need a restroom break.
FUENTES: Isn't that what got you guys into this mess?
CLARK: She got to go, not the rest of us. Believe you me, I *need* to use the restroom. Now! Like, yesterday, now!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Would she get her Pulitzer?
Exactly!

She knew she should feel more compassion towards Lex as she had when she discovered he had been sick in bed all last weekend.
ER: [tells Lois what exactly Lex had been up to last weekend]
LOIS: And he's able to still walk after his privates were cut off? He's such a trooper.
/judges clarify ER's statement/
LOIS: But when she had him tied up, why would she want to...? Ew! Ew! Ew! [Linked Image]

Was he trying to murder everything she loved?
ER: Hobby? Maybe he could manage to get her mother into a sanatorium after she drinks herself into such a stupor that she becomes vegetative. He turn her sister first into a stripper and LFI-start and then into a hard drug addict who’s turning tricks. And her father, he could get both his legs broken in multiple places when he runs out of money and can’t pay back some depts?
LOIS: And? I'm not seeing a different path than their current life choices have put them on.

Something must be up. She wished he would share what it was that he saw, but knew he must be keeping quiet for a reason.
ER: Well. If you consider the first sentence and that he’s watching Cat, maybe he is sharing with Lois?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Well, the bomb does contain radioactive materials and plutonium is hard to come by…
CLARK: That would be inconvenient.

Not unless she’s tickling his funny bone.
LOIS: *Why* are you laughing, Chuck?
CLARK: rotflol
BOBBY: I don't eat hair. I actually *stop* eating if I find hair in my food. That's disgusting. Oh, wait. Did you mean 'hare' as if rabbit? Oh, yeah. I'd totally eat that.

He said, ‘red cape’. Maybe if Superman showed up naked and showed Remy a really good time?
SUPERMAN: blush Um... someone might recognize me.
JIMMY: Hey! That's Clark!
CLARK: See!
LOIS: How? What? Uh... Don't tell me. I don't want to know.

“You have a cat, Lois?” Luthor asked.
ER:/explains/ Yes, but she isn’t into sleeping with Lois in her bed. She’s more the out-all-night-sleep-all-day kind of feline.
CAT: That sounds accurate.

The civil war general?
It was pointed out by a beta that Jimbo wouldn't leap there first, which is why I went with...

“Hugh Grant?”
“Yeah, I fed her, Clark. What about it?”
ER: Shouldn’t that be ‘him’, then?
CAT: Yeah, nobody would ever confuse me with a him.
LOIS: I got her as a kitten before I knew its sex.

They’ve got a pretty mean reputation, but they’re really quite loveable.”
LEX: Sounds like me.
ARI: /raises hand to disagree/

Clark smiled, rising to the bait. “Well, I had a pit-bull all lined up for my protection and then I learned it was a pretty unreliable one.”
ER: Ooooh! Burn!
LOIS: What? What? mad What!
LOIS:/tries to stand up, but due to current situation ends up falling back into Clark's lap/ Very funny!
CLARK: eek Ow. Ow. Owwww.

“Not enough clearance,” Clark agreed.
LEX: How would he know?
CLARK: When I had amnesia, Cat took me to the roof to talk to me and I got a good look at it. There isn't room to land a helicopter up there.

Maybe if they locked the place down and shot grenades in before using their machine guns to clear the place out instead of negotiating, it would cut down on crime?
BATMAN: We tried. We only ended up weeding out the wimps and ended up with tons of really crazy ones instead.
Also, wouldn't all the hostages die?

See?
LOIS: I knew he had the Melty Man problem.
CLAK: No, it’s just that she’s had a bit too much chocolate ice cream those past couple of months and compared to Lana sitting on my lap, it’s like I’m taking another round with Nightfall.
LOIS: Excuse me? Are you saying that I'm as big as an earth destroying asteroid?
CLARK: Uh... no?

No, that’s Linda. She’s the most adorable Golden Retriever.
That's a pretty apt description.

“Anyway, Bill isn’t a chew ‘em up and spit ‘em out sort of dog, like others I know,” Clark said.
ER: /guessing/Hurricane Lane, huh?
ALT-LOIS: [Blushes and saunters back to Missing Lois]
Um... no, I meant "Mad Dog Lane".

How about Iraq, Iran, Lybia?
Nah. They already have suitcase nukes there.

/whispers/ extra comma
Thanks. Fixed.

No, that’s ‘kissing’
CLARK: I will *not* kiss Lex.
LOIS: Not even to save my life?
CLARK: Nope. There are other dimensions with a single Lois in them.

Hell, he might even be telepathic.”
CLARK: [innocently] /hands Lois new romance novel/ [closes eyes to watch show inside head]
PERRY: he's gone into a vegetative state? How are we going to escape now?

You mean, ‘cuckoo’?
PERRY: I was trying to be polite, but yes.

You mean, like kissing them or possibly even making out with them? Which would work great to make his girls forget about their torrid affairs with him.
CLARK: There has never been a confirmed report of Superman having a torrid affair.
LEX: [Linked Image]

ER: Then no women would ever want to kiss him anymore.
LOIS: [doesn't care if he makes her forget as long as she gets to experience it]
I'm thinking that there are more women out there like Lois.

It wouldn’t be so bad. It would only be for a minute or two of French kissing and some light fondling.
CLARK: Fondling? Nobody said anything about fondling?!

“Superman or Sexoffender”?
LEX: [Linked Image]

“Count me in,” Clark said. “I’d rather die too.”
ER: /guessing/ Rather die than kiss Lois?
CLARK: Besides the fact that heavy kissing could lead to Lois dying; I'd rather die than kiss Perry, the Jimmys or Lex.

Well, what do you think a middleaged woman would want to do with two college kids?
REMY: Middle aged? [Linked Image] I'm in my 20s.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, in this world the DP takes out billboards with the photos of their top two investigative reporters plastered on them, so Lois seems to have no problem with people recognizing her.
LOIS: They don't call me the mistress of disguise for nothing.
JIMMY: [Linked Image] She said 'mistress'.

Plus, when she kissed Superman on international TV as he was about to go save the world that probably made her the most recognized woman on earth. So dating Lex really could not increase her face recognition.
SUPERMAN: Oh, I burned all those video tapes and film.
LNN: It went out live.
SUPERMAN: Ooops.

LOIS: At least we'd be in jail together.
JOHN: But they separate men and women in jail.
LOIS: [Linked Image] When am I going to catch a break?

CLARK: /pondering/ if Lois doesn't remember us sleeping together would it still activate the curse?[/Qb]
JOHN: The real reason that Clark uses the Memory wipe kiss in SM2. He realizes there is a curse, but if she forgets the curse will not come into effect.
Now, this makes sense. Then he's doing it to save her life.
LOIS: Don't I get a say in the matter?
CLARK: Only afterwards when you don't remember.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Not acceptable.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Officially, I'm not his girlfriend!
CLARK: You guys know, I'll just turn around if you just start shooting, right?
LEX: Officially? What do you mean 'officially', Lois?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: Also, wouldn't all the hostages die?
ER: Collateral damage? You usually have fewer criminals than upstanding citiziens?
PERRY: /raises hand/ uh... I'd like to voice my opinion of this plan.
JIMMY: It stinks!
JIMBO: I'm with Cuz and White on this. Collateral damage sucks.
LEX-C: Can I make a phone call first?

The idea would have been that Lois gets the other women to back off. Although, yeah, sadly, it backfired.
LOIS: Other women? What other women? I thought there was just me!
CLARK: [Linked Image] Uh... Of course, there's only you, Lois.
/Can't come up with anything witty that doesn't sound like it should be coming out of Lex's date-rape manual instead of Clark's mouth... Memory Wipe Kiss... Just BAD./

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LEX-C: Can I make a phone call first?
So, he thinks that he’s dead meat since he would fit the ‘criminal’ and the ‘upstanding citizen’ parts, both?

LOIS: Other women? What other women? I thought there was just me!
CLARK: - Uh... Of course, there's only you, Lois.
/Can't come up with anything witty that doesn't sound like it should be coming out of Lex's date-rape manual instead of Clark's mouth... Memory Wipe Kiss... Just BAD./
:Lauhg:
RALPH: I can make a story from this!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know I'm way behind everyone, playing catchup, and I just had to say that this:

“It couldn’t be regular ‘touching’, could it?” Jimbo said. “Because otherwise no one would want him to rescue them, right?”

Lois rolled her head forward with frustration. “Yeah, so. What are you getting at?”

“’Cause it sounds as if you’re suggesting we tell the terrorists that Superman can hypnotize people by kissing them,” Jimbo said, throwing up his hands. “And, frankly, if that’s the case, I choose ‘death’.”

Clark dropped his head onto Lois’s shoulder. He couldn’t believe that they were discussing this, and in front of Lex Luthor no less. He could just picture what LNN’s next big story would be.

“Yeah… okay, I get what you’re saying, Lois… Yeah… If that’s the only way I could survive,” Jimmy said with a repeated nod. He focused directly at her. “Kill me. Kill me, now.”

“What?” Lois shook her head. “No. I’m not suggesting that.”

“Count me in,” Clark said. “I’d rather die too.”
rotflol
Being knee-deep in a movie-verse fic myself just made this even funnier. The amnesia kiss will forever be great fodder for mockery!

And overall I've been loving the rewrite. I just adore Cat's new role, and the image of how Clark and Lois are now handcuffed together is priceless.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Colleen: Welcome! [Linked Image] The more the merrier!
I know I'm way behind everyone, playing catchup, and I just had to say that this:
Don't worry, I'll still be around posting by the time you've caught up... you only have... /checks notes/ 40 more parts to... oh, wait, I haven't posted all of those yet. Um... 34 more parts to read until you start screaming at me to post more quickly. laugh

Being knee-deep in a movie-verse fic myself just made this even funnier. The amnesia kiss will forever be great fodder for mockery!
I'm glad you're enjoying my little quips about the amnesia kiss. There are a couple of them in this story. blush Yes, it truly needs to be mocked. I recommend Bobbart's Memory for the best mocking I've seen recently.

And overall I've been loving the rewrite.
[Linked Image] uh-hem. I mean, thank you very much.

I just adore Cat's new role, and the image of how Clark and Lois are now handcuffed together is priceless.
I could say that it's foreshadowing... but I won't. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard