Print Thread
#96709 08/04/13 01:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 10:49 AM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#96710 08/04/13 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect Part 4 at last!

My heart still goes out to Becky, there is no way she will survive these games unless Clark helps her in some form or fashion.

They had already scrubbed him thoroughly, removing every bit of dirt he might have acquired in his life. Clark had always thought that he was reasonably clean, but by Capitol standards, he had been filthy. The prep team had also attempted to manicure his nails, making him glad that he had used his heat vision to trim them the day of the Reaping—since they were already short and neat, they had settled for scraping the dirt from under them and then left them alone.
Whew! Its a good thing Clark kept his nails neat and trimmed otherwise that might have been his undoing. Good thing his stylist likes perfection!

Becky’s stylist, Belarius, and Rosaline had worked together to dress their tributes in what they thought of as farm-style costumes—tight jeans and a checked shirt for Clark, and a matching checked pinafore dress and white blouse for Becky. The clothes looked normal enough, though they were brighter and less practical than anything that would have been worn on a District 9 farm.
The best clothes either of them ever wore no doubt!

Uh, where is Lois? Bet she was the one arguing loudly! That's my girl!

Clark raised a hand to cover his nose, wondering if anyone else could smell the strange odor coming from Snow—an unpleasant mixture of abnormally sweet roses and blood. He didn’t know where the smell of blood came from, and he didn’t dare look too closely at him in front of the crowd. Nonetheless, the smell was overwhelming, so he was glad when the chariots moved along, finally depositing the tributes at the Training Center, their home until the Games began.
Decay. President Snow is dying. Good use of Clark olfactory senses! Something most of us forget about.

This story is very chilling, especially since I'm reading Tale of Two Cities...

Next installment?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#96711 08/04/13 04:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The circuses are there to entertain the jaded populace; the gladiatorial games will soon commence.

I agree with Ken. There are a lot of ways that this fic could go, and I'm looking forward to it!

#96712 08/05/13 12:56 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I really despise this society, but I suppose that's the point. It occurs to me that one way this story could go is if Clark found a way to overthrow the tyranny of the capitol and set up a democracy or something by using his powers of truth and justice. It seems like that's the only way to get a happy ending for all involved, but maybe that's asking too much of poor Clark.

I like Clark's reactions to things. You've really captured his sensible personality in the way he views the excesses of the capitol and everything that's going on around him.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96713 08/05/13 01:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Utopia raises from the ashes of the Capitol?

It makes sense and is certainly a better society than what they have going on right now. mad

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard