Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The dialogue from the first part of this conversation with Lois was the same as Clark's conversation with Jack in canon.
I would expect Clark to interact differently with Lois than with Jack. Otherwise he comes off not treating her as his equal. The same applies with Jack, but we never expect him to treat Jack as an equal, we hope he does with Lois.

LOIS: Feelings? [Razz] ugh. No. Unless fury counts as a feeling.
clap , but still frown that Clark does not know this.

That's what canon Clark's afraid of, that Lois will regret getting involved with Superman because Clark Kent doesn't live up to that image and she won't stick around to be with him.
Hmm, I think they should have been more clear on that. I think I understand that view most of the time, he wants Lois to love his human side. I actually liked the scene in "Whine, Whine, Whine" where Lois choses Clark over SM (although it makes his asking Lois to marry him while not telling her because "he wants to know she loves him" not work at all). However, the issues in BatP and FotHoL seem to complicate things more.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for your patience. Sorry to hear about your computer problems.
Ooooh! I’ve caught up with FDK-FDK
blush And I'm still woefully behind.

CLARK: Why would I? They have just shot Luthor and Lois is still alive and well.
Because if they shot one hostage, they could shoot another and then his secret would be out in the open, because he wouldn't be dead!

CLARK: confused Cat was there. /looks back at Lois/ Ooooh! Shiny!
LOIS: /preening/ So, you like this dress?
CLARK: It should be illegal.

Perry might fire her for it.
That was the implied implication.

NIGEL: Send in the cleaners. Make sure nobody survives the shoot-out and get rid of the clone.
LEX: /raises hand/
NIGEL: Very well, sir. Make sure to keep Ms. Lane alive and as unharmed as possible. She will moved to our Swiss chateau.
CAT: Ooops.

Which reminds me. The Trixi Smith dress she was wearing, is that the same one from the show? Aside from it being figure-hugging, it’s actually pretty conservative, especially considering the other stuff she was wearing to the office, e.g. a bikini.
hyper you want *me* to control you? /fondest dream realized/ Okay, first, you're moving into a padded room on a deserted clothing banned island in the south pacific...

“There isn’t anything of intrinsic value here at the Planet, except its employees and my Elvis box. Everything else is replaceable.”
ER: Even Lex. And Jimmy, apparently.
JIMBO: Hey!
/points at duplicate Jimmy/
JIMBO: Hmpf.
So, you're saying that Perry implied that both Lex and Jimbo were replaceable because Lex is a clone and Jimmy is... well, Jimmy? Perry really IS that good of a reporter. No wonder they made him editor. clap
PERRY: Yodel-de-who!

“And everyone you hire is qualified?” Luthor asked softly.
ER: /points at exception proofing the rule/
RALPH /looking up from his monthly visit to the sexual harassment seminar/ Somebody said my name?
clap You did catch that implied joke.

JIMBO: Me too. I just pressed the safety release button.
LOIS: Safety release button?
JIMBO: Yeah. Those are Kinkuffs 1000. Lucy has a pair just like them.
LOIS: [mad that her sister would steal her stuff] And you know this how?
JIMBO: Uh... um... Jimmy told me?

So, he should never tell Lois that he’s going to *let* her pleasure him in ways unspeakable on this board?
LOIS: /squints/ Exception. Rule. Gotcha?
CLARK: [Not good with rules he didn't write himself]
CLARK: How about I just 'let' you do whatever you want, and if I don't like it, I stop you?
LOIS: Works for me, except the stopping part.

Maybe if they opened both his carotid arteries, he would stop bleeding from the gunshot wound that much?
CLARK: Sounds like a reasonable suggestion.
But then they'd get frog blood all over them.

It wouldn’t kill Luthor, but it would sting like the dickens. Too bad, there weren’t any lemons lying about in the conference room.
ER: [scared by Clark showing his evil streak]
CLARK: What? I can't fantasize?

After all the misery Lois had endured when Luthor had shot her, she deserved to be the one to administer Luthor’s pain now.
ER: [shocked that the torture fetish hero, gave up administering pain to his lady love]
/Sigh/ Men in love. Total pushovers.

Lois poured more, causing Luthor to buck in his seat from the pain and scream out in agony. Lemon or grapefruit juice would have been perfect.
ER: [still amazed at Clark's vindictive side]
CLARK: What? I'm not even allowed to torture them, if I keep them alive? Where's the fun in this gig again?

LEX’s WILL: And to James Olson, I dedicate a high velocity bullet from an HK417…
How'd you guess?

Awwww…Mini-Lex is in love.
LEX: Next!
ASABI: I told him this one was flawed. But did he listen to me? No.

Not *that* many more, given the events of the next couple of months.
True, he's too busy setting up his torture house for his future wife.
LEX: Honeymoon palace! Honeymoon palace with amusements. Really, people.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
But Clark cares about Lois's safety, he does not want to needlessly leave her at the mercy of the bad guys when he can protect her.
So, Clark should just stay there and be body armor for Lois?

EW: So, you want Lois and Clark to be handcuffed together *alone* in a room without any witnesses?
JOHN: Well, it would be better than this. Although, the handcuffs are not really needed.
Hmmmmm. Thinks about writing a FlyHard rewrite where Lois and Clark are locked in a room with handcuffs without the rest of the DP staff or Lex and the kidnappers are accidentally knocked out with sleeping gas. How is that FlyHard again?

Thus the sad part, Clark does not realize that he and Lois are on the same page. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever get to the point where that is the case.
I'm beginning to wonder that as well. grumble Always with the happy optimistic attitude. This just sucks.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry to hear about your computer problems.
Thanks. He’s all better now.

Because if they shot one hostage, they could shoot another and then his secret would be out in the open, because he wouldn't be dead!
Nah, he could just get rid of the noncomplying witnesses.

Did he just call her a working girl? And a high-priced full-date-experience one at that?

No this isn't the same indecent dress she wore to interview Toni Taylor.
Ah, thanks.

ASABI: /hands her $50/ Okay, but make it quick. My boss could be back here any minute.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: Because if they shot one hostage, they could shoot another and then his secret would be out in the open, because he wouldn't be dead!
ER: Nah, he could just get rid of the noncomplying witnesses.
CLARK: I still don't kill people to keep my secret. Sorry.

ER: Did he just call her a working girl? And a high-priced full-date-experience one at that?
LOIS: /Looks at Clark as she waits for an answer/
CLARK: Uh... Ah... um... Plead the fifth?

EW: What? You're surprised they were considered 'hidden'?
ER: No, just that she’s gotten multiple pairs. At. The. Office!
dizzy Never mind.

So, you're saying that Perry implied that both Lex and Jimbo were replaceable because Lex is a clone and Jimmy is... well, Jimmy? Perry really IS that good of a reporter. No wonder they made him editor. [Clap]
PERRY: Yodel-de-who!
ER: No, I was just saying that neither Lex nor Jimbo are employees of the DP.
TANK: /snaps fingers/ Drat! So close.

CLARK: How about I just 'let' you do whatever you want, and if I don't like it, I stop you?
LOIS: Works for me, except the stopping part.
ER: Reason why female jewelry studded with tiny bits of Kryptonite was invented.
RACHEL: It's patented, sorry.

So, they could take Lois’s dress and tie it around his neck first? Then lean him against a corner?
But then Lois would be hanging out in her underwear.
LEX: And I'd miss it!

CLARK: What? I'm not even allowed to torture them, if I keep them alive? Where's the fun in this gig again?
ER: By getting to boink Lois?
CLARK: I can do that without being Superman.
LOIS: /skeptically/ Are you *sure* about that?

True, he's too busy setting up his torture house for his future wife.
LEX: Honeymoon palace! Honeymoon palace with amusements. Really, people.
ER: So, the Japanese twins get their own rooms in the place?
LEX: [Linked Image] Perhaps.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not even Lex? [Linked Image] Note even a little bit? [Linked Image]

ER: Did he just call her a working girl? And a high-priced full-date-experience one at that?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ER: Not even Lex? sad Note even a little bit? [very sad]
CLARK: Well, I didn't say that I was adverse to EW killing him off, or that I would be available to save him should he ever get into trouble, again/I'd probably be busy trimming my nails or cutting my hair/. I just don't want be involved with the actually enacting of his death.

ER: Is this the one about not being forced to incriminate oneself?
LOIS: mad Yeah, that's the one.

Except Clark doesn't know about Ultra Woman.
CLARK: She sounds cool though. Do you have her phone number?
ER: /hands over sheet of paper/
CLARK: Huh, that looks like Lucy’s number from when she lived in Metropolis.
CLARK: [Linked Image] LUCY is Ultra Woman! blush Never mind. /hands paper back./

But then Lois would be hanging out in her underwear.
LEX: And I'd miss it!
LOIS: Bonus! – Jimmy! Shut. Your. Eyes.
Perhaps if someone were to shine UV light into his eyes...

CLARK: I can do that without being Superman.
LOIS: /skeptically/ Are you *sure* about that?
ER: Well, I’d say he’d be just as successful in the cape as he’s out of it.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Right. Curse. Shucky darn.
LOIS: /eating chocolate/ Is that supposed to be some veiled innuendo about me PMSing? mad

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Well, I didn't say that I was adverse to EW killing him off, or that I would be available to save him should he ever get into trouble, again/I'd probably be busy trimming my nails or cutting my hair/. I just don't want be involved with the actually enacting of his death.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ER: Afraid of getting his hands dirty, huh?
CLARK: No, but Superman has a reputation to protect.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard