OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! That was a fun, little story! The interaction between everyone was well written and very enjoyable.

“I first became aware of the presence of nitroglycerine when I and a number of my colleagues in the fourth estate were all affected adversely by something we were exposed to during a press conference that was held by Councilman Robbins. Subsequently we determined that what we had been exposed to was, in fact, nitroglycerine.”
They got the nitro from off Robbin's hands not the cards themselves. That was some pretty sweet detecting on Hattie's part.

Just then the doors at the back of the room opened and the ever youthful Ultra Woman stepped in. Her cape swished side to side behind her as she moved. To every outward appearance Ultra Woman was a woman of about thirty, just as she had been since the day she had made her debut and then returned after an absence of about thirteen years. She did not appear to have aged a day in the thirty years since her debut.
Ultra Woman is a presence to be reckoned with! I was a little concerned, because she does wear a mask and people are always leery of a person hiding their true identity. Still you made very plausible reasoning, especially since Superman has testified under oath.

A rather smug look overtook Draper’s features as he responded, “I was at a town hall meeting with several hundred people preparing the crowd for the councilman. The councilman was due there at 7:30. He scheduled it that way so that he would be present when the bomb went off. The venue was just around the corner from Eighth and Main, a location he could reach before the detonation.”
The councilman is toast! laugh

Neat ending! Everyone is happy, especially JJ, who now has a lovely girlfriend!

Ahem, will there be more adventures with Hattie and company?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
wallbash was does Clark mention Luthor at all? Plus, he never took Lois to Rome, only Milan. he should know never to mention that name, at all.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

First off, Clark was teasing when he mentioned Luthor because I do not believe that Luthor ever flew Lois to Rome.

Second, after the series and before the children we have no idea as to just where and how many times he flew her somewhere for dinner. They could have flown to Rome a dozen times for all we know.

She knew he was playing anx she played along with him.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Don't you just love a WAFFy ending?

To answer some other questions - Yes there will be more Hattie adventures. Kam-El is back from his honeymoon now with Jen. They could double date.

I just need my muse to cooperate and give me a reasonable investigation to pursue.

I am also thinking about a new NextGen kids story.

But, first I have a couple of other stories in the pipeline. On Tuesday I will start posting the 4th part of the Clark and Lois arc titled "Clark and Lois - Two Universes - Matchmaker Chronicles Vol 7"

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn't it funny that Clark arrived at the courthouse just in time for Lois to take her phone call and had to leave right after she returned. I wonder if that new reporter from the Star is going to find anything suspicious about that?

Well, I didn't realize Robbins was such a hands-on kind of guy. clap Good thing, he's a willing participant. Sweet of him to send her flowers. It would have been funny if it had been someone else who sent them. evil

Fun story, Ken. Nice twists and turns. Good build on the suspense.

Morgana, I'm guessing the nitro was passed to Hattie and the others through Crane's business cards, not from shaking hands with Robbins.

Totally off topic: I was thinking about Hattie's description of JJ when he opened the manhole cover being so strong he could be a Kent. Wouldn't it be funny if one of Lucy and Jimmy's children accidentally (via Bolt of the Blue) became an unwitting hero / heroine? I mean, why not? They hung out ALL the time as kids. JJ would be a good candidate (and wouldn't that be a shock to Hattie?), but what if it were a more Lucy-esque or Jimmy-esque child without the moral upbringing and expectation of coming into the powers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Actually, if you go back and check you will find that Robbins wasn't there 'pressing flesh', he left that to his staff. He was a busy man and arrived just in time to give his announcement and left immediately. The nitro was on Crane's hands and everyone he shook hands with was dosed with the nitro. While he was handling the card, writing his number on the back was when the card picked up the nitro.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard