Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Greetings

Hattie and JJ are enjoying a quiet cup of coffee in the conference room.

Stepping back Hattie continued looking at the data. JJ put her mug in her hand and she was so focused on the data that she didn’t even take her eyes from the board as she lifted the mug mechanically to her lips and took a sip. Suddenly realizing what she had in her hand she looked at JJ and smiled her thanks.
This reminds me so much of Castle!

“There has to be another way. I’m still having some trouble thinking. Do you still have a headache?” Hattie asked.

“No, mine cleared up last night.”
These headaches are really scary .... some kind of neurotoxin on the card? Just a small guess.

Puzzled JJ said, “Two dates??? I thought that last night was our *first*.”

“Yeah, well, about that, I decided that we could count the reception as our first date, so I came back out for a goodnight kiss, but you had already left.”
Definitely Lois and Clark, Beckett and Castle. Love the banter! clap

“Okay, I’ve been going over Robbins’ financials. There’s a problem with them. It looks like his campaign war chest had been nearly empty and recently has seen a large, a very large influx of funds. I’ve traced some of the money back to some large corporations, but no where nearly enough to hang a case on.”

“What about Crane?”

“He was a recent hire. He’s only been with Robbins for five weeks. I tried to trace back to previous employers and I got nowhere.”
Robbins sold himself to a high-powered outfit, while Crane appears to be a ghost. My guess is that Crane is not his name. (Sorry for the pun.)
No doubt we will be learning more about him in the very near future?

As he was looking over her shoulder, a whistle escaped through his teeth and in a reverent tone he said, “Wow, you weren’t kidding. This *is* the mother lode.”
Mother Lode? I'm ready for the next installment!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You mentioned to John in part 4 that you updated the Walkie-talkies, but you didn't carry it over to part 5.

He took her hand and started to lean in for a kiss.

She shied away and coyly said, “I don’t kiss on the first date.”
Just out of curiosity is Hattie being more cautious because of what happened with Kam-el? Because she certainly didn't have 4 dates then.

“Okay, so, the bombs are given to the drivers or stuck to the cars somehow around eighth and Main, on the northbound side. How?”
Sounds like they need to check out what businesses or distractions might be there on Eighth and Main. (Also, shouldn't since "eighth" is a street name be capitalized like "Main"?)

“That would be even more memorable. Just imagine, someone runs out into traffic and crawls under a car to fasten a bomb on the undercarriage. I’m sure someone would notice that!”
Unless, of course, they had just gone through a drive-thru espresso joint. wink ( hyper I know! I know! It's the Mole Man coming up from under the streets! Oh, wait, that doesn't work. Mole Man works against the Fantastic 4. Never mind.

“Want me to take you home? I could tuck you into bed.”

Even though she was in pain she had to reply to that, “We’ve only had two dates. You’re not entitled to tuck me into bed yet. Not until after at least *four* dates.”

Puzzled JJ said, “Two dates??? I thought that last night was our *first*.”
I love how JJ skims right over the "4 dates" comment. clap

JJ replied, “Easy for you to say. I never did anything like this in all my time at the Gazette. I thought he had us for sure.”
No wonder they let him go so easily. What's the good a reporter who always follows the rules in an investigation? Again, are you *sure* he isn't a Kent? Maybe being a goody-goody boy scout isn't a Kansas trait, but a Kryptonian trait. Maybe Zara and Ching left a baby on Lucy and Jimmy's doorstep by accident.

Maria started to object, but Hattie interrupted her. She said, “We’ll overlook it this time, but in the future make sure you put all of the framzits in the trash and not recyclables.”
What's a framzit?

JJ didn’t know just what to expect, but what he saw was a document, actually as she scrolled through the pictures he saw that there were several documents.

As he was looking over her shoulder, a whistle escaped through his teeth and in a reverent tone he said, “Wow, you weren’t kidding. This *is* the mother lode.”
I don't know. It's starting to look as if Crane is the fall guy. It was almost too easy, finding the "mother lode" in his top desk drawer.

And you *would* leave it there. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

I have to admit, I recently finished watching all 5 seasons of Castle. It is possible that some of it has rubbed off on my writing. huh

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Walkie-Talkies. I’ll have to back and check.

Well, Kam-El was a special case. She had heard his anguish at the thought of losing her and his relief when she was not injured. She had misconstrued that and acted on it. With JJ she is going more slowly. What will happen after the 4th date is still unspecified.

Why mot capitalize eighth, Eighth. I was going on the idea that they are more or less using eighth as a nickname whereas Eighth Avenue would be the proper name.

Drive-thru takeout bombs. Hmmmmm, have to think about that.

About the card. Sometimes it takes a while to make an association

Ahhhh, the Mole Men. That was a two part episode of the George Reeves Superman. They came up through an oil well or some such. In “The Incredibles” it was “The Underminer”.

The cash influx hasn’t been demonstrated to reach that level as yet. They are still checking.

At the Gotham Gazette, JJ wasn’t an investigative reporter. This was a move for him, not only to Metropolis but to the City Desk as well.

A framzits is the name of an object that Hattie made up on the spot just to confuse the issue.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard