OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, Hattie's actions were following Lois's suit. Let's hope UW is keeping an extra eye out for her since Kam-El is still on his honeymoon.

I am a little surprised that "it was on the undercarriage of the car" was enough evidence to let her and JJ go. Most bombs (unless package bombs) are on the undercarriage (at least in movies and TV) aren't they? Couldn't the police tell by the remains of the car, where on the car the bomb had been located? Biggest blast point and all? I mean, isn't the undercarriage most of the underside of the car? Saying that really wouldn't narrow down things much, would it?

Well, it does disprove my take-out food theory though. frown Darn! I'm going to have to keep thinking.

Nice of Cardona to share his 'caught on tape' video with Hattie without asking her for copies of her photos showing the spalling.

Just like Lois to teach Hattie tricks of the trade. Let's hope Clark is giving non-super JJ some pointers as well. Also, since JJ is family (Lucy and Jimmy kid) does he know about Clark and Lois's alter egos? Or has he not yet been informed?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Most car bombs are in the engine compartment. It is conveniently close to the starter and the electronics which can be used to trigger the detonation.

It would depend on how much of the car remained intact. That would depend on the size of the bomb involved.

You need to keep in mind that pure nitro is an extremely potent explosive. A little will do a lot of damage. See if you can find the movie "Young Tom Edison" with Mickey Rooney. There is a scene on a train where he is selling papers or some such and he tries to impress some important person with how smart he is by showing him a vial of nitro he made. The guy has the train stopped on a bridge over a river and lowers the vial by a thread over the side - gently. That vial, about an ounce or so could have destroyed the rail car and killed everyone in it in real life.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Please pardon thé typos. I'm doing this on my BBerry.

Yes, JJ and his siblings, once they are old enough to be trusted with it are brought in on the family secret. That actually comes up in a later chapter.

Hattie did promise to send over copies of her pictures and data. That's what got her and JJ out of the dog house.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ken, thank you for a hilarious read!

When Hattie was climbing up the fence, I was biting my nails. I thought for sure she was going to get snared on the barbed wire.

Hard to imagine in this day and age that anyone would leave keys in the ignition...

Lois threw him a look and then turned back to Hattie. “Okay, here’s the thing. Don’t let him get to you. If you have to, use what you have found out to bargain with him. Above all, don’t admit to anything. Let him tell you what he knows. Got it?”
She is exactly like Lois in everything except the hair! Who needs Kam-EL with Hattie on the case?! dance Some of your writing reminds me of the snappy, crisp dialogue of a forties mystery. I keep looking for either Bogie or James Cagney. Awesome!

Cannot believe they were caught by something as simple as a traffic cameras, next time kids, wear a hat!!!

I gotta wait until Tuesday?!?!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana:
Hard to imagine in this day and age that anyone would leave keys in the ignition...
They still do if it is inside an equipment yard or behind fences. That was the case here.
Glad you are liking the story. The end of the story is a doozy!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Wow! I'm overwhelmed! Speechless! Like Lois and Clark, so many times, as a wordsmith I am at a total loss for words. help

I'm glad that you are enjoying the style. It is just something I fell into with this story. thumbsup Hattie is so much fun to write! hyper

I have to admit, I am a devotee of Old Time Radio and this story was, in part, inspired by that genre. clap

There's more to come. peep

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Artemis,

Thank you!

Your assistance on this story was invaluable.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Is this story 'A' plot driven enough to qualify for the challenge? huh

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Is this story 'A' plot driven enough to qualify for the challenge? huh
Sorry, it seems I've fallen behind on my duties. My apologies. blush

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard