comments go here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is slightly confusing. With two ages of CJ in the same scene.

CJ also seems very mature and focused for being only 18. Almost unrealistically so.

I am also surprised that there are no adverse affects from two CJs being in the same place.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
John,

Thanks for the FDK!

CJ is a child of the 21st going into the 22nd century. Even today we have HS students taking AP classes and getting college credit. It is conceivable that in 2108 an 18 YO can be completing his college degree.

Sorry if you were confused, but they are two separate and distinct entities. I've seen stories where there are dire consequences for two incarnations of the same individual meet, however I do not subscribe to that. The only problem would be in the older tried to harm the younger, because he would be harming himself. Think 'Butterfly Effect'.

Also, keep in mind who his parents are. He would have inherited the eidetic memory of his sire which would make learning easy.

I, personally, have encountered a number of 18 YO's and even some younger that are very focused and know just what they want to do with their future.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As promised, my comments:

She nodded in understanding and said, “That’s why I didn’t remember everything at once. I understand and I guess I thank you. I’m not too happy about you messing with my memory, but, you’ve been doing just that most of my life. He’s in his office, right this way.” She led him into the office where CJ was studying. He was in the process of completing his college degree requirements by taking on-line classes. He was going to complete his masters in Electrical Engineering in about two more months. There were just a couple of required courses and a thesis to go.
Having someone mess with your memories, no matter how noble the reason is a massive invasion of privacy. Lori handles the whole thing with aplomb, but Lois? CJ is a *very* focused young man! It is a pleasure to meet him all grown up.

Lois walked up to the stranger and just stood there for almost a full minute intently staring at his face. She said, “I … I feel like I know you. It’s so strange. I’ve never met you before, but, I feel like I know you.” Hesitantly, with shaking hands she reached up and took off his glasses. As soon as she did so they fell from her nerveless fingers. A look of total recognition overcame her features as she put her hands on either side of his face and in a voice full of wonder and in a hushed questioning tone asked, “CJ?”
Beautifully written passage. I can actually see Teri playing this scene with perfect clarity. A lump developed in my throat.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small device. When he pushed a button a holographic picture of a very lovely girl with dark hair flowing loosely around her shoulders with dark eyes and a beautiful smile dressed in flowing robes sprang into existence. She bore a striking resemblance to Lois.
Aren't there any blondes in this family? rotflol

Lois looked at Herb and said, “Thank you Herb. This is a tremendous gift you have given us. It makes it a lot easier to give him up now that I see the young man he has become.”
After all the stress Lois and Clark went through, this parting is awfully easy....

The remaining parts are wrap-up?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Herb messing with Lori’s memory is of very long standing and she has had to accept it, actually become resigned to it. smile1

Even if there are only two more posts, there is still time for some surprises. evil

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK. So I was wrong about blondes....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard