Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95928 06/16/13 04:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for continuing to read and comment!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, poor Lois! And Clark! whinging

At least she saw through Claude before it was too late. What a pig, focusing his attention on *Clark* when *Lois* is the one telling him to take a hike. Is that ego (not wanting to admit it's his own fault) or just chauvinism (thinking women don't have thought processes without other men influencing them)?

It looks like Lois is afraid Clark is secretly a jerk too...or is it something else that's bothering her? Maybe she really does just want to be alone, regardless of whether Clark is as nice as he seems?

Is Claude gone for good, or will he stupidly try to get revenge?

Oooh, this part raises more questions than it resolves! More soon, please. grovel

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
It looks like Lois is afraid Clark is secretly a jerk too...or is it something else that's bothering her? Maybe she really does just want to be alone, regardless of whether Clark is as nice as he seems?
It will be hard to convince Lois that Clark is really a nice guy when he's been hanging around her apartment for a half-hour and listening at her door, while she was waiting for her "very important" date. Sorry, Clark, you should have come up with a more plausible excuse than "I heard you crying" when you knocked on her door. Creepy!

Claude behavior was all we expected and more! clap

Yea for Lucy on protecting her sister.

I don't know how Clark is going to fix this serious faux pas in manners. Do we need some Martha intervention? Maybe Lucy will do the honors this round. Can't wait to see how he solves this dilemma.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
"He'll be here," Lois said, unwilling to admit that Claude hadn't returned any of her calls in the past two days.
Ooh, now THERE'S a telling detail... perhaps he won't show up after all. Clark better not disappear too quickly. wink

"What happened then?" Lois asked, wondering if there was any possibility of a story.
LOL. Despite the fact that her potential date has been harassing other women, Lois is still keeping her eye out for a story! goofy

The knock on the door.

For a moment, Lois couldn't move. Then, she hurriedly wiped her eyes, patted down her hair, hauled in a breath, smiled, and opened the door.

Clark Kent stared back at her.
Yay! Just KNEW he wouldn't abandon her! hyper

Claude was there, dressed in an expensive shirt, pants of the latest fashion cut, and a flashy scarf befitting his debonair style. He was holding a huge bunch of red roses and a bottle of champagne, and smiling as if he'd just won the lottery.
Oh no... guess we have to hope he's allergic to cashews then...

Glad Clark threw him out! Go Clark! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay! Clark threw Claude out! Well done! clap

But Clark could have come up with a better excuse for coming back. Why didn't he say he forgot a spice? Or his preferred spoon? "I heard you cry" makes him look like a stalker, hearing at her door. A normal person wouldn't hear her crying from a distance. :rolleyes:

"A misunderstanding," Clark said, quickly returning the scarf to his neck. "I merely asked a question, and the woman -"
Guess it should be "Claude". Clark wasn't wearing a scarf. wink

Hope Lois don't kick Clark out. She can't eat all that butter chicken alone, can she? laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. I misread the scarf bit for Claude instead of Clark. Didn't even catch the mistake.
Great story as usual, FH.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Clark always boasts that he is good at taking out the garbage. smile1 That was a priceless scene! clap

KateB
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Claude gets no points for showing up I guess.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
dance That Clark came to Lois. dance That Lucy told her the truth about Claude, and dance that she kicked Claude out.

frown that she wants Clark to leave.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
No! No! A thousand times no!

You can't leave us hanging Corrina! Post the next part as soon as possible.

Lucy is the best little sister Lois could possibly hope for. She dropped a dime on Claude before Lois did anything she would regret for the rest of her life. Imagine that creep not calling, hitting on a woman, than showing up late at Lois' apartment expecting dinner! Talk about rude and selfish. So glad Clark threw the trash out.

Now Clark, don't you dare leave.

Yeah, we need a Martha and Jonathan intervention, Clark should never have told her he could hear her crying.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Morgana:
No! No! A thousand times no!

You can't leave us hanging Corrina! Post the next part as soon as possible.

Lucy is the best little sister Lois could possibly hope for. She dropped a dime on Claude before Lois did anything she would regret for the rest of her life. Imagine that creep not calling, hitting on a woman, than showing up late at Lois' apartment expecting dinner! Talk about rude and selfish. So glad Clark threw the trash out.

Now Clark, don't you dare leave.

Yeah, we need a Martha and Jonathan intervention, Clark should never have told her he could hear her crying.
It can't have been all bad. She did let him in, and even invited him to stay for dinner. It was just realizing how truly a cad Claude was that seems to have caused Lois to go all fearful of everyone.

I personally think she would have told Clark to leave no matter what reason he gave for being there.

Anyway, I think being honest will pay off for Clark in the long run.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard