Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95918 06/15/13 09:29 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope that was a satisfying ending, and you see the purpose in me writing this story...

There has been some speculation over the years over whether Dean and Teri meant more to each other than just being friends. So I worked out my own little resolution, that perhaps the feelings had been there -- at least on Dean's end -- but they never acted on them.

Let me know what you think! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
Kerth
Too. Cute. laugh I think you wrote this absolutely perfectly-- short and sweet and a neat little idea for a parallel universe/crossover. Very well done! thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice finish. I especially liked this part:

As much as loved talking to Teri and enjoyed her company, I was relieved to realize that I wasn’t in love with her. I never had been.

It had been Lois Lane that I was crazy about.
Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story! And nicely done.
And yet, here was standing before me, the real deal. I felt a smile light up my face, knowing that from now on, I could always tell them that Superman did really exist, that I was just his stand-in.
I really like that line.
cool
Artemis dance

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A bittersweet, but perfectly proper ending. Well done!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the story, cute/neat concept but serious at the same time.

You know conventional wisdom would point to the work on this site becoming old and stale (or even dying off) after nearly 20 years but the stories coming out in the past couple of months sure prove THAT concept wrong. The current crop of stories, including this one, are testament to skills and imaginations of the writers who post here.

Kudos,

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Mouserocks:

Too. Cute. I think you wrote this absolutely perfectly-- short and sweet and a neat little idea for a parallel universe/crossover. Very well done!
Thanks!

ScifiJoan:

Nice finish. I especially liked this part:

quote:
As much as loved talking to Teri and enjoyed her company, I was relieved to realize that I wasn’t in love with her. I never had been.

It had been Lois Lane that I was crazy about.
Joan
Thanks. My intention was to give another possibility for Dean and Teri's crazy good chemistry on screen. There has been speculation among fans that things went farther than that, and this was my answer to all of them. wink

Artemis:
Great story! And nicely done.
quote:
And yet, here was standing before me, the real deal. I felt a smile light up my face, knowing that from now on, I could always tell them that Superman did really exist, that I was just his stand-in.

I really like that line.

Artemis
Glad you liked it! My way of giving Dean 'closure' for the end of the show.

Morgana:

A bittersweet, but perfectly proper ending. Well done!
Yeah it is bittersweet, and I don't think Dean ever married, did he? I remember he was single throughout the show and for years after. But I don't know his current marital status... maybe he is still looking for his Lois? wink

Mike M:

posted June 20, 2013 13:43
I loved the story, cute/neat concept but serious at the same time.

You know conventional wisdom would point to the work on this site becoming old and stale (or even dying off) after nearly 20 years but the stories coming out in the past couple of months sure prove THAT concept wrong. The current crop of stories, including this one, are testament to skills and imaginations of the writers who post here.

Kudos,

Mike
First, I am humbled by your praise and for putting me in the same category as the amazing writers you can find on these boards. It is truly amazing how these characters live on in our imagination. I attribute it to several things: first, the timelessness of the story, and how embedded Superman is in our national cultural conscience (I am American despite where it says I live...). And second, to the Lois and Clark show and particularly the actors who brought it to life. The story lines could be quite campy at times, and with a lesser caliber of actors, probably wouldn't have the same endurance. Also, this fandom attracts some really good writers, and these boards are some of the most welcoming and yet discerning readers/writers you'll find. I see you're new to the boards, so let me just say 'welcome,' and happy reading! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I would love to see a sequel to this. Possibly with Teri involved? thumbsup

Keep it sweet
Keep it hot
Keep it Super
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by keepitsuper:
I would love to see a sequel to this. Possibly with Teri involved? thumbsup
Hmmm... I won't make any promises, but I'll let that plot bunny hop around a bit, and will let you know if it turns up anything... wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard