Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! Finally a chance to comment!

Apparently it can also be used to draw items to it like an attractor, or tractor beam. We took some sensor readings and the power being transmitted through that beam was almost immeasurable. Once they had initiated the beam that disabled ship was pulled along the beam until it actually docked with the tow vessel.”
Tractor beam huh? Where oh where have I heard that before? But seriously, The People are to be approached cautiously.

“I wish we had thought of that, years ago. Our scientists have tried to improve our FTL drive but they have never made any significant breakthrough on the technology. They are good, but sometimes it takes the ability to think outside the box to make any advances. They have a hard time doing that. Plus, there hasn’t been any great incentive to improve on what we have. Having the technology that Jor-El developed would give us that leap that we need and now that we have had this encounter we have all the incentive we have needed. It would be greatly appreciated. Any advantage we can have will help. ”
Oh dear, it seems to me that the New Kryptonians have not learned from past mistakes. They are the fledgling remains of a once great culture, survival should be a FANTASTIC incentive.

Ching heaved a sigh of relief and said, “Thanks, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.” He hit the button and said, “Engineering, Status?”
Truly enjoyed all the references to Star Trek in this segment. It never ceased to amaze me how many times Kirk bugged Scotty when the ship was in crisis. It seems Ching has picked up the same habit.

Ching stopped and turned around. Spotting the executive officer he said, “Give the crew a two day pass to be with their families. When they report back have engineering tear that thruster apart and find out what caused the malfunction. We can’t afford to have that happen to any other ships.”
Might I suggest not using that particular maneuver until they do? smile1

“When we return home we plan to propose to our family that they take turns spending time here on New Krypton. In this way each of their spouses could be your local superhero and assist with natural disasters and also be available in case of attack from invaders. I believe that our family will jump at the opportunity that this will present. They will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the customs and traditions of New Krypton and you would have an opportunity to get to know our family better. I would simply ask that they be provided with housing.”
This is a very good idea! The El family is not being forced to live on New Krypton, but simply learn to know and understand the culture of their ancestors. This is a very wise and reasonable.
Nicely done.

Although I am a little surprised that there was not a greater reason for Lori and Clark to remain on NK. I thought The People had a trick or two up their galactic sleeves.

Oh well, they are headed for home and not so little CJ. Poor Lois and Clark! frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

I’m surprised you didn’t question NK-1701.

There is a very good Kryptonian reason for that designation.
NK is obviously the registry.
The first character is the fleet number. They are anticipating having at least 9 total fleets.
The second character is vessel type:
1 – five man scout fighter
2 – 20 man destroyer class
3 – 50 man light cruiser
4 – 100 man heavy cruiser
5 – 200 man flight base – equivalent to an aircraft carrier (Battlestar). It carries several squadrons of scout fighters.
6 – Command and Control
7 – Currier or diplomatic vessel
8 – rescue or tug
9 – Ferry or small transport
The final two characters are the sequence designation

NK-1701 therefore is
New Krypton - First fleet diplomatic vessel 01

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard