OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No matter what other LnC next generation stories I read, this series will be the benchmark.

As she looked at the pages, frequently her fingers would brush over the picture’s surface as the scene depicted brought the memory of the occasion back to her.
Any new Mother would be proud of her baby, but for someone in Lois' position this is all the more painful. CJ is with her for only a very short period of time and they have built so many memories of him. HOW is she going to give him up when the time comes? My heart is already breaking for them. Especially since they will never see him again. whinging

(She sighs, wipes her tears and starts writing again.)

Its lovely how the reader is taken on a photo journey of CJ's growing up; first words, first teething and first clumsy steps. All too precious to be missed! I don't know who too feel more for, Lois and Clark or Lori and Clark!!!

"Oh, what am I saying? Herb is a time traveler for heaven’s sake. There’s no such thing as him being late or making that kind of mistake.”
Lori has a bad feeling about the amount of time they are to remain on New Krypton. Considering all that has happened in a positive way with 'The People' I'm guessing this has to do with matters on New Krypton itself.

Am I right?

Speaking of NK, aren't there any other humans present on the planet besides Lori and Clark? After all, they have a trade agreement with Earth.

Come on Friday! I can hardly wait for the next chapter!

WELL DONE!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thank you for the very kind comment about the Matchmaker Series as a whole. It is greatly appreciated. blush

If I reply to too many of your questions I could be giving sonmething away so I will limit my comments to explaining about New Krypton. thumbsup

RE: Are there Earth humans on New Krypton? evil

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Flipping more pages she came to an entry that she had forgotten that Clark had put in. As CJ had grown, everyone that saw him for the first time and hadn’t been told the story, complimented Lois and Clark on their beautiful little boy and commented on how much he combined their features. Everyone especially remarked that he had Clark’s eyes and Lois’ smile. Looking at the pictures it was very evident that these people we sincere in their comments. As he had grown it had become even more evident. CJ was a very happy baby and he smiled almost all of the time and the smile he possessed was definitely a copy of Lois’. It was unmistakable and undeniable. The eyes were just as easy to identify as to the parentage. Their slightly almond shape was distinctive.
Two issues. 1-That clearly should be "these people were". 2-I am not sure "sincere" is the best term here. If they were off in their idea that CJ had Clark's eyes it would not show "insincerity", it would show lack of observation or something like that.

I have to admit I like the glimpses of Prime a lot more than the trip to New Krypton.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The more I think about Herb's plan of taking CJ back in time for a short period of time, the more it seems like a really bad an disruptive plan.

I really do not see why Lori and Clark could not take the child with them. More than that, giving a child to Lois and Clark to take him away later just seems cruel.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I have to agree with John on this one. Lois and Clark are going to be devastated when Herb arrives to remove the little tyke from their lives forever.

Also, why has NK Clark remembered all of this? Am I forgetting something?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK.

RE: The use of the word sincere. thumbsup

I’m sure that you have just as I have and almost everyone has said something like ‘My that’s a beautiful baby, he looks just like his father’ when it was really hard to actually make that determination because it will take time for the similarity of the features to really be evident. That is insincerity. In this case the comments are sincere in that the features are, as some would say, as plain as the nose on your face. hyper dance

To the best of my knowledge, I admit I haven’t read every story in the archive and there may be some there, this is the first time there has been a focus on an adventure on New Krypton. peep

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK.

RE: Herb’s plan to take CJ into the past.
Why couldn’t Lori and Clark take CJ with them.

The answer to that comment was provided in part 22, chapter 21. thumbsup

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Originally posted by Morgana:
Yeah, I have to agree with John on this one. Lois and Clark are going to be devastated when Herb arrives to remove the little tyke from their lives forever.

Also, why has NK Clark remembered all of this? Am I forgetting something?
I hope that the explanation I have provided to John has satisfied your questions. cool

As for Clark remembering, Lori is remembering too. This will actually be answered in a later chapter. evil

All I can say is read on. Only six more posts. jawdrop

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard