Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This feels like Star Trek! Love it!

Ching said, “I mean are you sure you want to go without weapons or a guard detachment?”

“I’m sure. I’m not going there to start a war; I’m going there to prevent one. If I’m armed or if I have a large guard detachment it could be misconstrued.”

“I can see your point. I don’t know that I agree with you, but I can see your point.”

Clark said, “It has to be that way Ching. It’s the *only* way.”
Lori has powers, but Clark doesn't! What a neat turnabout! I also like how he has taken on the role of diplomat trying to prevent a war rather than start one.

The atmosphere of the chosen planet was slightly higher in oxygen content and correspondingly lower in carbon dioxide, resulting in a higher barometric pressure at sea level than either Krypton or Earth. This meant a denser atmosphere. The lower CO2 content was probably due to a lack of industry since the planet was uninhabited. This meant that Lori would not need an environmental suit and Clark could forgo the need of a breathing air supply.
Lack of industry? What kind?

The shafts were fully a meter in length, similar to the so called cloth-yard shafts used with the English longbow in medieval times and used to such effect by the English bowmen.
Excellent choice of weaponry! In there day, a longbow was the equivalent of a phaser rifle.

On the other hand Lori was a vision of loveliness, wearing a more traditional Kryptonian gown of white with gold brocade trim. As in the Greek tradition the bow arm was bare and the top had a single shoulder strap. The skirts were long, almost dragging the ground, but layered and with a slit on the left which as she moved revealed a shapely leg. She had on golden sandals, a golden cord held her hair back in a pony tail and she was carrying her bow and arrows. The alloy used by the NK Engineers to manufacture her bow was polished to a bright sheen and was of a golden color. In this gown and carrying the bow and arrows Lori looked like the Greek Goddess – Artemis
Good visual .... Clark is no bum either!

Although Kal was confident in the shield device and the fact that he had a significant portion of his normal super strength he braced for the impact as best he could. Even so, when the beam hit him, despite being prepared for it, the force was still sufficient for it to throw him back against the damaged scout craft.
Ouch! These guys are up to no good! Why send a smaller craft, if their intention was to attack peaceful emissaries?

Aha! So it was a series of elaborate tests? Sounds like Q and company from Star Trek!

Lori brought it back to the original topic, “If we don’t have to stay here for the negotiations then why did we stay? We might need to stay for a little while to prepare some things, but that still doesn’t explain how we were gone for eight months. Herb did say eight months. He should know since he has to bring CJ back to us. I’ve got a really bad feeling about this, like something’s going to happen.”
I agree with Lori ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Thanks for taking time out to post, I know how busy you are with your husband just getting back from his trip. thumbsup

RE: The lowered CO2 level.

There is no industry because this is at least an abandoned planet, if it had ever been inhabited at all. In view of the altered climate it would have been abandoned by its inhabitants long before. That being the case there has been no industry of any kind, perhaps for millennia. No combustion of fossil fuels = lower CO2 levels. cool

RE: Lori’s appearance – a small nod to one of my beta readers. Artemis has been a godsend to me as a writer. wave

RE: Lori’s bad feeling. It may or may not be as bad as it seems. I guess you’ll have to wait and see. evil peep angel-devil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
RE: Lori’s appearance – a small nod to one of my beta readers. Artemis has been a godsend to me as a writer. [Wave]
Thanks again, Ken. hyper
I liked the Star Trek flavor when I betated too. I've been a Trekkie since day one. Reading SciFi was why I became a physicist.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard