OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! Lori will get to use her super powers with a cool bow and arrow set! Welcome back Emerald Archer! So glad, for awhile there I thought the poor woman was only there as window dressing. smile1

The explanations provided regarding the force field were very helpful to someone like myself whose knowledge of physics approaches absolute zero. help This makes the entire part stronger and more reader friendly!

If we were to initiate the field and apply some thrust a minimal thrust should result in tremendous speed because it is being applied to an inertialess mass.
Won't this be a HUGE problem in a space battle?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

I'm glad that you liked my explanation. I try to stick to fact, however there are times when current fact will not do for future discoveries. I tried to keep the explanation as simple as possible. I tried not to confuse. thumbsup

wildguy wildguy wildguy Look for a lot of action on Friday. wildguy wildguy wildguy

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KenJ:
what wife doesn’t think her husband is the best ever?”
Lots and lots of them, if divorce statistics among other things are any indication. I doubt anyone in the middle of a divorce claims their husband is the "best husband ever".

since Lori was super powered wasn’t fast enough to get out of the way of the one she launched at him at super speed.
I think you need an additional comma in there.

Kal replied, “They could perceive that as either a threat or a challenge. That may not be the way to go.”
Ultimatums are not the way to avoid war.

Standing, Lori reached for Clark’s hand as she said,
Why is he Clark now, but Kal before. Personally I think it would work best if you always outside of dialogue called him Clark.

of New Krypton’s moons
New Krypton has moons? That seems odd considering it is a planetoid.

Clark said, “I would make the additional recommendation of donning environmental suits, just to be on the safe side.”
How are they going to learn anything from such a short time turning on the force fields?

“I don’t know sir, but, there’s New Krypton, over there when it should be here.” He was indicating positions on a 3D holoprojection of a space chart.
Hopefully they did not disrupt New Krypton.

Ching put out a general question, “What could have caused us to stop in space while the planets and stars continued to move?”
This seems a bit much of a move for such a small amount of time.

I am not really following all the physics in this story.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for correcting you post.

RE: ”What wife doesn’t think her husband is the best ever.”

You need to keep in mind that they are speaking about husbands that they really love. They aren’t thinking of all of the families on Earth that aren’t happily married. thumbsup

RE: “This seems a bit much of a move for such a small amount of time.”

Not really when you consider the speed that a planet travels in its orbit around its primary. We are only talking velocities of approximately 100 miles per second. hyper

RE:"I am not really following all the physics in this story."

I think what you are having a problem with is not the physics per se. Think of this as a geometry problem. The distance traveled can be considered to be the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by the motion of New Krypton in its orbit around Arcturus as one side of the triangle and the motion of Arcturus around the galactic center as the other side since both motions need to be taken into account. thud

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard