Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Is it getting smile1 yet? Or are we still at evil ?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So her reaction had to be due to her illness. She was finally showing some real symptoms of the pancreatic cancer eating away at her vitals. She had to rest and get something to eat, and since she’d barfed up all the liquid in her stomach she needed to drink some fluids. The antacids she’d brought with her should help, too.
After reading this line one cannot imagine any fun has begun. Yikes...

What can possibly happen next?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, Lois. mecry She's going to find out that Lex is the boss, and he's going to tell her that by doing what she's done to find him, she's turned herself into someone like him.

Also worried that Clark paid money to a madame (no matter how innocently). For some reason, I see that coming back to bite him on the butt. I'm glad that he's not too far behind her, but with her taking a nap, I'm afraid her trail will go cold. Hopefully, the truck lead will bring Clark to her before she gets into any more trouble.

I was a little confused by the names of the mobsters. Roger Kowalski = Ski, right? Big Mike's right hand guy. I got lost who was who. I'm sure it will be more clear if I had read Part 2 and 3 at the same time, but I got lost a first, not having remembered Big Mike's 2nd in command's name.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terry,

Yes, the reaction she is feeling is from what she is doing, not any illness, okay fine. We can only hope that the final result is the exposure of 'The Boss'.

I have to say, that I really enjoy reading a story, dealing with firearms, written by someone with experience. From one firearms enthusiast to another - kudos! thumbsup hyper wildguy

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here's hoping the nap gives Clark time to catch up with Lois! If that doesn't happen until the end of the story, there won't be time to fix anything.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I like how Lois is making herself sick, and she assumes that it's from the cancer. She really seems disgusted by her own behavior, but she's in denial about it.

I can see Clark going in to that cat house coming back to bite him later, but maybe he's ok if no one knows he was there. I dunno. I just got a bad vibe from the whole thing. Of course Clark's presence is perfectly innocent and legitimate, but it might not look that way from an outside point of view.

I'm enjoying the story, and I'm wondering how you're going to manage to end it without Lois serving jail time for shooting people.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I guess we're still stuck at evil .

Morgana, you know a lot about how bad it will get (or not get). But thanks for the implied shudder anyway.

Didn't mean to confuse you, Virginia. 'Ski' is a fairly common nickname between guys when one of them is named something like Kowalski. And no, the end does not justify the means, but remember that Lois doesn't think she has the time to be legit on this one. As far as Clark's visit to the ladies of dubious virtue, he wasn't thinking about his reputation. And both he and Lois have hung around some pretty unsavory characters and some mean streets in their time as reporters, so I think his good name is safe for the moment.

Ken, there is some more gun stuff coming up (and yes, I know a .38 Special is technically not a 'gun' but nearly everyone I know uses the term as though it were). Good catch on Lois' upset stomach being due to her conscience chewing on her even if she thinks it's the cancer.

Amy, I think you'd better hold on to your snorkel. It's going to be a bumpy ride before Clark catches Lois. When she goes undercover, whoo boy, she really disappears!

mrsMxyzptlk, I see you also noticed Lois' reaction. I think the stress of her activities of the past few days is catching up with her and she's going to sleep for a while. And I wouldn't worry about his giving money to Julie hurting him, not the way he took off running right after.

Next chapter up in moments! Thanks for commenting and reading, y'all!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, Clark giving the lady money might seem questionable, but in canon he would on occasion pay sources, although the only case I can think of was a source who died before he paid him. Still, I don't think Clark is worried about his reputation right now, he is desperately trying to find Lois.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
They paid that guy who got "tired" and said he'd seen Lois dump the body of that plastic surgeon.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard