Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: Because "separate" stories doesn't mean stories with other people!
So would she be as mad if he worked on an investigation with Jimmy?

I'm sure that if there had been a S5 Dr. Klein would have been a series regular.
Well, Lois would have had to see someone who she could really trust for her check-ups during her pregnancy.

There were a few episodes where they "talked" to Dr. Klein on the phone, so he was there without the actor being there.

I am a little surprised they managed to not show Dr. Klein in "Family Hour" though. He may have been in more episodes in Season 4 than Martha and Jonathan.

*FUTURE* Grandchildren. Not any that they have now.
But since Clark believes Wells, wouldn't the mention of such an impossibility just make him sad. Hmmm. Actually I have just discovered a major plot whole in "Soul Mates". When we first meet Wells he mentions Lois and Clark having descendants, he basically tells Lois she will be a good mother, than in "Soul Mates", he suggests that Lois will die unless they undo the curse. If Lois dies before they undo the curse, than how was Wells ever in a future where Lois was a mother. dizzy

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cheating on her body was one thing, but cheating on his partner! That's worse than cheating on one's wife!
CLARK: Uh... no.
I think he shouldn’t try either.

LOIS: Or a chocolate habit. <looking as if she’s not implying what we think she is>
CLARK: eek

LOIS: Who does Clark think he is? Remington Steele?
CLARK: Uh... no. Man of Steel.
<<ba.dum.dump.>>
/Crickets chirp/
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually, I have to admit that Cat here in this story is probably not as bad as I make her out to be.
hyper Progress!

If it was not for her fighting Lois for her proper place as Clark's best friend I might not dislike her as much as I do. That was one thing I liked about L&C, Lois was always Clark's best friend.
Yes, but this Clark came to this dimension and Lois with a completely different objective than canon Clark did. He sees Cat as his "friend", but nothing more, and Lois as both his "friend" and "girlfriend". This is why he calls Cat his "best friend", because he knows he'll never see her as anything more.

Actually though, that is why on thinking about it, Clark proposing before telling her he was SM was so distressing to her.
Yes, he handled that badly.

I think the discussions that we have had on "should Clark propose before telling Lois he is SM" miss a big point. If Lois was primarily Clark's love interest, that would work. However, the fact that Lois can still want to be friends with Clark when she is engaged to Luthor, show that the relationship is more than just love.
Also, Lois already proved her love by saying that she was willing to die for Clark, which I believe is a stronger sentiment than saying that she'll marry Clark (over SM).

So there is another question. At what point does a friend become so close that Clark should tell them. If Clark had told Jimmy before Lois, it would have made Lois really mad. True, here Clark did not tell Cat, she just figured it out, but I understand why Lois finds this disturbing, and I feel for her.
Yes, if Cat knows and hasn't been smeared into the sidewalk for it, why shouldn't Clark have been able to tell Lois, so many months before? Good question. Clark?
CLARK: Hey, I just remembered something I had to do, if you'll just excuse me... [Linked Image]
LOIS: Always with the excuses.

LOIS: Because "separate" stories doesn't mean stories with other people!
JOHN: So would she be as mad if he worked on an investigation with Jimmy?
LOIS: Of course not! Clark helping Jimmy would be a requirement. Have you read Jimmy's writing?

EW: I'm sure that if there had been a S5 Dr. Klein would have been a series regular.
JOHN: Well, Lois would have had to see someone who she could really trust for her check-ups during her pregnancy.
Well, perhaps.

I am a little surprised they managed to not show Dr. Klein in "Family Hour" though. He may have been in more episodes in Season 4 than Martha and Jonathan.
Nope. According the LnC Character database, Dr. Klein only showed up 6 times in S4, while M&J were in most of the episodes.

EW: *FUTURE* Grandchildren. Not any that they have now.
JOHN: But since Clark believes Wells, wouldn't the mention of such an impossibility just make him sad. Hmmm.
He believes (hopes) that Wells will return with a cure at some point.

Actually I have just discovered a major plot whole in "Soul Mates". When we first meet Wells he mentions Lois and Clark having descendants, he basically tells Lois she will be a good mother, than in "Soul Mates", he suggests that Lois will die unless they undo the curse. If Lois dies before they undo the curse, than how was Wells ever in a future where Lois was a mother.
Perhaps it was an older version of Wells who tells Lois this. One who had already dealt with the Soul Mates issue in the past.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, my hour is up. So this is the last one. clap Now, THAT would be a story.

Mistreat her. Ralph isn’t that choosey.
RALPH: No, I ain't. Hey, wait. Yes, I *am*. Only prime grade female for me.

LOIS: Exactly! It prevents me from having sex.
CLARK: /considers this/ So, it means it wouldn't trigger the curse that way? Okay! Let's go! Deserted Island Time, but the watch stays here.
LOIS: [Huh]
BARON TEMPOS: Stupid nitwitted wizard. He should never have added the procreation clause.
LULU: You mean we could still have done that Parisian thing and that other stuff? Plus whatever we want when I’m right between my window.
LONE CLARK: Yeah, but you’re a tad prickly during that other time of the month, so…
laugh

EW: *FUTURE* Grandchildren. Not any that they have now.
ER: Or will ever have.
LOIS: I'm okay with that.
FATES: Ooooh. Did you just hear, sister? Lois Lane wants LOTS and LOTS of children!

EW: So, in other words, Eugene Laderman is toast?
ER: Only if Lois can’t rescue him. Or Clark not have sex with him in a cheap motel.
LOIS: /scoffs/ Of course I can rescue him.
CLARK: I believe I can restrain myself.

CLARK: No, no, no. *That* voice doesn't lead to sex. Trust me on this.
ER: He seems awfully sure of himself.
He should be. That's the voice Lana used to use on him whenever she wanted something.
CLARK: It's works better than a dip in the Arctic.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Also, Lois already proved her love by saying that she was willing to die for Clark, which I believe is a stronger sentiment than saying that she'll marry Clark (over SM).
Good point. I really do not think Clark's arguments held water. Lois had chosen Clark over SM in "Whine, Whine, Whine" even with Clark never giving her a good explanation for running off on him first at the carnival and then at the restaurant. Although I think he stuck around with Calvin longer than needed at the hospital. He could have made it back in time to avoid totally destroying his date with Lois.

Nope. According the LnC Character database, Dr. Klein only showed up 6 times in S4, while M&J were in most of the episodes.
However the character database does not both to delineate which ones didn't have M&J.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not enough hours in the day!
[Linked Image]

This Jimbo though dated Lois's sister, so that voids out the confession on the top of the JSN tower.
He tried to substitute Lucy for Lois?

ER: And then the story would be over within a meager five parts.

Because Cat left?
[Linked Image] She’s the star of this piece, isn’t she?

LOIS: How is this news? Can you believe them, Perry? Of *course* I'm too much of a woman for even Superman!
PERRY: I'm not even going to touch that one. Now, on to the arrangements for Kent's funeral.
help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
This Jimbo though dated Lois's sister, so that voids out the confession on the top of the JSN tower.
ER: He tried to substitute Lucy for Lois?
No. No. He never becomes attracted to Lois because he already was involved with her sister. And one Lane sister was enough.
CLARK: I agree. laugh

ER: And then the story would be over within a meager five parts.
EW: Because Cat left?

ER: She’s the star of this piece, isn’t she?
CAT: Duh!
LOIS: That's why we've gone full story arcs without you present.
CAT: Those were just to let the Reader recover from my witticisms.

Curse-less Lois: Oh crap. I’ll have to set up a pull-a-number dispenser to manage the Clarks.
EW: Now, THAT would be a story.
ER: Oh dear.
Yes, it would have to probably be on the dark side.
CLARK: clap
CLARK: [Linked Image] That's where the discussion back at the Lexor comes in to play. You know, the one where Lois misunderstood my hesitation.
LOIS: Oh. Oh! I see. That would be bad.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. No. He never becomes attracted to Lois because he already was involved with her sister. And one Lane sister was enough.
CLARK: I agree. <thinks this is a compliment to Lois>
LOIS: mad

LOIS: That's why we've gone full story arcs without you present.
CAT: Those were just to let the Reader recover from my witticisms.
wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard