Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9543 12/27/03 12:17 PM
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Beverly, if the thread about "archiving" fics made you put this one out there, then it's doing its job. And I hope that there are more to follow...

This was delightful. I haven't seen the movie Conspiracy Theory in years, so I wasn't quite sure where you were going to take us...but I certainly didn't expect an appearance by the MiB! Wonderful to see them...and I'm like you, I like the ending just like it is too. smile

And I also particularly liked this:
Clark shook his head in disbelief at what he was hearing. Only his partner would imagine the world revolved around her. And he didn’t even want to think about the fact that right at that moment Superman WAS technically spying on her. Ethical or not, he had a secret to protect.
Nicely done. Many thanks. clap

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#9544 12/27/03 02:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved MIB very cute tie in. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#9545 12/27/03 06:23 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
clap Very nicely done!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#9546 12/27/03 06:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
God bless you all who pointed out the MiB tie-in LOL. I have no business reading fic after midnight if I haven't read it twelve thousand times already. goofy Now that my brain is back on track, cute fic!!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#9547 12/28/03 01:22 AM
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#9548 12/28/03 02:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, cute fic <g> I was wondering where it was going, but that ending was a very funny surprise.

PJ
thinking, hmm, maybe K is for MiB <g>

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#9549 12/28/03 03:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the nice word, everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It's one that always brings a smile to my face because of the odd little twist it took that even surprised me with it's pure silliness. Although, even that makes more sense if one takes into account that just before writing it I had rewatched the Pilot of L&C (remember Prof./Dr. Pratt?) and happened to catch a rerun of CONSPIRACY THEORY within days of each other at the same time that commercials for MIB2 were everywhere on TV for either the theatre run or video release and it all starts to click. Well, it did in my brain anyway. laugh

I will confess that while I've always seen this one as a stand alone vignette with a cute payoff and never intended for it to become anything more than that, I do have one more similar "payoff" scene in my head that I've never felt confident enough to attempt because it involves moving more into the MIB universe. (They want Clark to come back with them to their headquarters because their boss wants to ask him for a "small" favor.) If I ever find the time and motivation one day, I may still try to jot the particulars of "Man In Black" down but don't count on it happening. I think I'm way too intimidated by that universe at the same time that I’m intrigued by the interaction between Clark and J & K. smile

Beverly :-)
http://www.booksanctuary.com

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#9550 12/28/03 12:29 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
cute story Bev
merry

#9551 12/29/03 12:33 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Beverly

LOL! smile1 I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

#9552 12/30/03 10:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#9553 12/31/03 03:52 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great, Beverly! Good job! I loved this little story.

Keep writing,
AnnaBtG. wink

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#9554 01/01/04 05:18 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL! Yes, I have told you (several times, I think <g>) that you shouldn't post it until it was "done" but that was after you told me you wanted to finish it. Given that you might not actually continue it, I definitely support the idea of sharing it with us all! smile

Fantastic vignette, Beverly ... I loved it way back when you first showed it to me and I love it just as much now. I was ROTFL when I realized that the MiB were there and that they knew exactly who Clark was.

Priceless and so funny!

Thanks for getting it off that hard drive of yours and sharing ... anything else you'd like to show us while you're at it? <bg> (Oh yeah, and consider this your reminder to send it to the Archive, too! smile )

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard