Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Now we know what's been going on with Lois. I hope everyone recognizes and remembers the good doctor. smile

And, in case it isn't clear by now, Martha is exactly what she claims to be.

All we need to do is find a way out. smile1

Comments here please.
Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by bobbart:
All we need to do is find a way out. smile1
Since you have made it plain that the Kryptonite is losing its effect on Clark I rather expect he will find a way out and rescue Lois in short order.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Even if Clark is no longer Superman, without powers and allergy to Kryptonite, he still can't walk out due to guns pointed at him.

No, I didn't recognize the crazy doctor from Deter's clinic who brainwashed people until you mentioned it, and then I hunted it down and said, 'aahhhhh, that guy', but I had forgotten about that guy because I avoid the Deter episodes like the plague. I did figure out the brainwashing bit thought. Scarey that he noticed that Lois slipped out of the brainwashing when she hit her head; scarey more that he thinks that she's back on the program and it would take weeks to get Lois back to normal should she escape / get rescued at this point. I hope Lois has figured out about the brainwashing and is fighting against it, otherwise mecry for our favorite couple when they finally do make it out of there.

I hope you don't end it just with their rescue / escape, because I think we'll need an epilogue to know our favorite duo is fine after all this. IOW, I need my Bobbart WAFF and I'm not getting any. mecry

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

I have to admit, I'm relieved. I just checked the WHAM warning thread and there is nothing there for this story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I figured she was getting that kind of brainwashing, but it didn't occur to me that it could have been Dr. What's-His-Name. It's creepy that he's so excited about completely manipulating someone like that. I wonder if he suspects that Lex might off him when his services are no longer required. Or is Lex planning on keeping him around as a useful resource? Not that I expect them to succeed. We do need a happy ending, after all. grovel

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
You really seem to like ending at very depressing points. This has to be one of the msot depressing sections ever. I have no clue how Lois is going to escape, and really have no hope left.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, everyone. Sorry, but I won't be posting the end tonight. We are still in that "it isn't quite right yet" phase. However, I do promise that by this time tomorrow, the final chapter will be posted.

Framework4
Since you have made it plain that the Kryptonite is losing its effect on Clark I rather expect he will find a way out and rescue Lois in short order.
Did I make that plain? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
No, I didn't recognize the crazy doctor from Deter's clinic who brainwashed people until you mentioned it, and then I hunted it down and said, 'aahhhhh, that guy', but I had forgotten about that guy because I avoid the Deter episodes like the plague.
I have to agree with you there. There are two sets of episodes that I just can't watch. The AARGH episodes and the Dan Scardino episodes. But good old Doc. Mendenhall seemed perfect for this part.
scarey more that he thinks that she's back on the program and it would take weeks to get Lois back to normal should she escape / get rescued at this point.
That is a good point to remember.
I need my Bobbart WAFF and I'm not getting any.
mecry Sorry. I'll try to do better. mecry

Ken
I have to admit, I'm relieved. I just checked the WHAM warning thread and there is nothing there for this story.
No, this won't be a WHAM ending. However, I'm afraid that you'll have to judge for yourself what kind of ending it is when you see chapter 12.

mrsMxyzptlk
It's creepy that he's so excited about completely manipulating someone like that.
To him his subjects are just that. They aren't really people. They are experiments to be used to explore his theories.
I wonder if he suspects that Lex might off him when his services are no longer required. Or is Lex planning on keeping him around as a useful resource?
I'm sure Dr. M. is convinced that his success with Lois will guarantee his safety.

John
You really seem to like ending at very depressing points. This has to be one of the msot depressing sections ever. I have no clue how Lois is going to escape, and really have no hope left.
I really am sorry to leave it here for so long. I know this is a tough place. That's why my original plan was to post 11 and 12 on the same day. However, as I said above, I guarantee that it will all be over by this time tomorrow.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Luthor's obsession with beating Superman reminded me of the animated Superman: Doomsday where Luthor creates a Superman's clone so he can beat him everyday. He enjoys tormenting the clone and knocking him around with kryptonite brass knuckles in a room that simulates red sun energy.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

A deranged Luthor is even more evil and minacious than his normal(?) self. eek

With Luthor on the loose I find it odd that Lois has never considered that he could be the one responsible for her kidnapping. Now she is being brainwashed, but at first or during her moment of lucidity it shouldn't have been hard for her to figure out who could be behind her abduction. huh

It seems like an impossible situation. How are you going to solve it in one chapter? It must be a really long chapter. spider

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
frown that you have not posted the end yet. Of course, actually I thought I would have to wait until sometime on Wednesday, so the fact that it might be sometime today, or really, really early tomorrow, gives me a little hope. I still hope it is less than 24 hours after when you said it would be 24 hours.

On Dr. Mendenhall, actually "Forget Me Not' is a liveavble episode. I would like it if it was not for the fact that Lois falls in love with Deter. It really drives me nuts that Clark does all the right things, tries to go along with the doctor, and all he gets for it is Lois turned against him. Dr. Deter stealing the flowers was just too much.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Andreia
Luthor's obsession with beating Superman reminded me of the animated Superman: Doomsday where Luthor creates a Superman's clone so he can beat him everyday. He enjoys tormenting the clone and knocking him around with kryptonite brass knuckles in a room that simulates red sun energy.
smile1

John
you have not posted the end yet. Of course, actually I thought I would have to wait until sometime on Wednesday, so the fact that it might be sometime today, or really, really early tomorrow, gives me a little hope. I still hope it is less than 24 hours after when you said it would be 24 hours.
Well, it's there now. smile
I would like it if it was not for the fact that Lois falls in love with Deter. It really drives me nuts that Clark does all the right things, tries to go along with the doctor, and all he gets for it is Lois turned against him. Dr. Deter stealing the flowers was just too much.
Yes. The flower thing makes me splat splat splat splat

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!

So, moral bankruptcy will be declared today?

Within a few minutes, the more healthy look was long gone. Superman liked to wear red, and Lex loved to accommodate him by making sure that he was wearing plenty of his own blood.
I wonder, is Lex wearing a business suit or a coverall to prevent all that nasty blood spatter from ruining his silk shirts.

“I thought you might like to know how Lois is doing. I never realized how demanding she could be. After seeing her interact with her maid – did I tell you that she had a maid – I'm even more convinced that she was destined for much more in a mate than a Kansas refugee.
Okay, so not going to be surprised by just how vicious she’s become. Or, maybe he would have been, once it’s directed at him.

The fact that a more defiant expression from Superman could trigger this level of concern, meant that it might be nearly time to end this. Yes, he would make tomorrow morning's visit with Superman extra special.
So, instead of performing suicide-by-balcony Lex is now opting for suicide-by-Kryptonian?

“We're leveraging her generally suspicious nature to foster an extreme level of disbelief in scientists. This is the first step to having her dismiss the evidence against you that she discovered after the Nightfall mission.”
Oh boy.

Mendenhall seemed to pick up on his meaning. “We are reinforcing her perception that she loves the smell of cigar smoke. In fact we have one sequence that we are very proud of that should cause her to come to associate that smell with arousal.”
laugh
[Linked Image]

We believe we can eventually leverage this to the point that she may even come to believe that anything done in the name of success is justified.
Later…
LOIS: No officer. You see, this man, Lex Luthor, he was standing in the way of me getting out of that bunker. Since I wanted to leave, it was only natural for me to remove the obstacle to me succeeding in that matter.

As long as we make each step small, then, given enough time, we can move her a long way.”
I guess it’s a good thing most politicians aren’t smart enough to corrupt the public only in small steps but instead aim for big.

“At this stage, yes. But I can show you recordings from only four hours later, which clearly indicate that the programming had reasserted itself.
Oh great. Also, this means Lex has to be careful when making love with his future wife to ensure she doesn’t hit her head on the headboard during their passion.

“That will begin in approximately another two to three weeks. Phase two will reinforce the concept that the role of a woman is to be a good wife to the strongest man she can find.
So, it’s important that both Superman and the president are dead, huh?

At the same time, we will be building on ideas that we introduced in phase one to strengthen her belief that power and ruthlessness is the ultimate sign of strength and that it is her desire to become the wife of that kind of man.”
Yes, but what about Bill Church?

If you could provide information of his past relationships, it should be easy enough to plant the seed of an idea that he has been cheating on her.
Yeah…it might be simpler to just tell her that hubby’s dead.

By accepting that you were wronged, and knowing that she had been a key player in unfairly ruining the life of the person that has now saved her, she will commit herself to you and the goal of making up for her mistake in wrongly accusing you. Once this happens, she will be yours for the rest of her life.”
Well, Bob, you’ve certainly outdone yourself in planning this thing out. You might actually be able to grab the ‘Evil Writer’ crown.

Clark glanced up to the Kryptonite suspended about his head. The poison was at the lowest level. Clark remembered from the first night, that the Kryptonite at that level had triggered excruciating pain. Tonight he barely felt it at all. More than anything else he felt an overwhelming fatigue.
Oh boy. They’re actually burning the Kryptonian out of him and making Clark human. Then, once Clark’s just a well-muscled human male in his late twenties, he might, kinda-sorta, take offense to some 40 y/o dude trying to hit on his wife.

Then he surrendered to the black.

To be concluded
*squints*

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard