OP Offline
Top Banana
evil It had to come down to this. evil

Comments here please.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The slug we all love to hate is back. razz

How did he get people to remain loyal to him after what he did to the planet?????

Where. Is. Lois??

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
What? No! Please, please, please say Lois is okay. *One* of them has to be okay. I'm totally on tenterhooks for the next section!

(posted by Morgana)

The slug we all love to hate is back. razz

How did he get people to remain loyal to him after what he did to the planet?????
Personally, I'm very fond of slugs. Especially banana slugs. But I have to admit, I totally agree with the sentiment here.

Ultra Lucille
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, he is a slug, but John Shea played him to perfection! smile1 Yummy!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Clark really fouled up this one. It should have been obvious that it was a trap. At the very least, anyone with few enough scruples to kidnap Lois isn't going to be above lying about the terms of her release. And if word gets out that someone had Superman traipsing all over town on a wild goose chase all day just because they kidnapped Lois Lane, there's going to be a giant target painted on her back.

This is reminiscent of the time he robbed Mazik's Jewelers. Clark gives in to threats against his family awfully easily.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! eek Bitting my nails here! help

Next part, please! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, it seems as if Clark has gone naive with his lack of memories, otherwise he might have recognized that trap. Poor Clark. mecry Let's hope that Lois was released. I'm thinking "not".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Morgana
Money. Plus, some of the bad people that were close to him might have bet that he’d find a way to come out on top.
Where. Is. Lois??
Well, the nice kidnapper on the phone said she was going to be released. Why do you doubt his word? After all, he works for Lex. smile

Ultra Lucille
No! Please, please, please say Lois is okay. *One* of them has to be okay.
Okay… Lois is… Well, she’ll be around. Before too long you can decide for yourself exactly how she is. evil
Personally, I'm very fond of slugs. Especially banana slugs.
I have to ask. Why do you like banana slugs?

Morgana
Yeah, he is a slug, but John Shea played him to perfection!
In the forthcoming chapters, keep the image of Shea’s Lex Luthor in mind. I have always thought he had a far greater capacity for evil than was usually shown.

mrsMxyzptlk
Clark really fouled up this one. It should have been obvious that it was a trap.
Agreed, but what was he going to do? The kidnapper was very clear. Cooperate or we kill Lois and go to Plan B.
And if word gets out that someone had Superman traipsing all over town on a wild goose chase all day just because they kidnapped Lois Lane, there's going to be a giant target painted on her back.
I agree with this also. But how does Clark say, “I won’t do it. Go ahead and kill her.”?

Andreia
Clark should know never to follow kidnapper’s order of not talking to the police.
Of course. But remember this exchange:
If you follow my instructions she will be released completely unharmed. But until then, you will not be able to talk to her.”

“Then I won't cooperate!”

“Then we will kill her. If that's what you want, you should hang up the phone right now.”
Once you get this call, what way out is there?

VirginiaR
Yes, it seems as if Clark has gone naive with his lack of memories, otherwise he might have recognized that trap.
I’m glad you brought that up. Remember, this Clark has no memories of how to deal with bad buys or threats to Lois. I’m not sure that he could have handled it differently, but his complete lack of experience certainly worked against him in this case. This is the flip-side of what happened in the original SkyFall story. In that case, his lack of memories allowed his relationship with Lois to develop. Now, that same lack of memories means that he has no experience dealing with bad guys.
Let's hope that Lois was released. I'm thinking "not".
Well, it is possible…

Thank you all for the comments.
Chapter 9 will be up in a little while.
Bob

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am thinking Lois should not have been so quick to admit how close she was to SM.

Just coplying with these overly restrictive rules makes no sense at all. I am reallyworried about SM, especially since the kryptonite is slowly permanently wearing him down.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, John wave
I am thinking Lois should not have been so quick to admit how close she was to SM.
Yes. The very act of Lois being the mechanism of introducing Superman to Bernie was a huge mistake. That established a relationship. Then, her slip about Superman's "advisors" was another. She only said it to Perry, but sometimes the walls have ears. She established way too strong a connection.
Just coplying with these overly restrictive rules makes no sense at all.
The problem is that for Clark, much more than in the series, Lois IS his life. His only thought is to take any risk to try to get her safe. frown

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can only think of two words.

Kobashi Maru

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ken
Kobashi Maru
evil

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!

Now that she could have all of those that she wanted, she was much more interested in going back to regular news and more conventional investigations.
Probably bored now, what with her just having to roll over in bed and ask him for an exclusive on the latest kitten rescue.

However, now that she wasn't looking for them, those stories of her husband's exploits seemed to come looking for her.
[…]
“Nothing,” she said. “I thought you would be back sooner.”

“I would have been, but–” Clark looked around to make sure no one was within earshot before continuing. “I'd barely arrived in Metropolis when there was a mugging just down the block. Since I was right there, and already in the suit, I stopped it.”

“Was there anything newsworthy?” Lois asked.
See? Told ya.

“I swear that there's been a big increase in the criminals trying to shoot me since they learned that I'm not as powerful as I used to be.”
[Linked Image] Yeah, should have kept his mouth shut…

“Sure. Dr. Klein was right when he said that any reduction in my overall abilities doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect. I wish there was some way to get that message out.”
DP Headline: Scientist says you have to drop a couple of nuclear bombs on Superman to make a dent.

That should take the wind out of the smalltime crooks and gunslingers.

Clark grimaced at the reminder of his mistake. “That's okay. I should have listened to you when you said that an interview where Superman discussed his new limitations was a bad idea. I should never have made any statement on the matter.”
jawdrop He’s learning!
LOIS: Hit to him over the head at least twice with large boulders and buildings, but it seems he can be trained after all…

Some of the stories of the expression on your face when people start shooting are priceless. Apparently, you have a very telling, 'not again' look of exasperation.”
laugh He really could amend this by superheating the weapons while they’re still holding them. After the first couple of burned hands it should sink in.

“Do you need me to come with you? I'm supposed to cover the city council meetings this afternoon, but I can switch it.”

“No need,” Lois reassured him. “We're meeting in a public place and only for a few minutes.
One Lois Lane hostage crisis coming up…
SUPERMAN: Not again.

The absence of the sound of Lois's heartbeat surprised Clark when he got home at 6:35 in the evening.
Eep!

“Head home and try to relax,” Perry said. “She'll turn up. Probably with a story.”
Or dead. One way or the other, she’ll turn up and there will be a story to print.

“I'm sorry to call you about this, but I'm having trouble finding Lois.”

“Clark, I like you two, but it isn't my job to keep track of your wife.”
Then why did he, on numerous occasions, suggest they fit her with an ankle monitor?

It was as if a hole had opened up in the universe and swallowed her whole.
Huh… /checks part number/ Nah, Bob wouldn’t introduce Tempus at this late a point in the story.

“Do what you can. And try not to worry. Lois can take care of herself better than anyone I've ever met.”
So, she’s sitting in the sewers with Lex, huh?

“We have your wife.” The voice sounded artificial and electronic. The person at the other end was clearly using some kind of voice altering device.
Huh, not Lex. Who’d have thunk.

So, do you understand what we require of you?”
So, they really should set up a permanent wire tap for the police to monitor all calls to the Daily Planet, huh?

They aren't doing this to get Superman to help with some small problem. Whatever this is about, it's big.”
Maybe they want him to catch one of the bigger asteroids and return it safely to Earth. Such a rock could could a fortune in rare earths and minerals.

He heard the same electronically distorted voice that had delivered the original instructions. “Go to the corner of Baxter and Lake. On the southeast corner you will see a yellow newspaper box. Next to the box is a door. Go through the door and wait inside. You will receive further instructions. Bring the phone. You have twenty seconds.” Clark heard the click of the cell phone disconnecting.
Hmm…no riddles, no ‘Simon Says’? That’s a rather poor homage to Die Hard 3, don’t you think?

The map was right where they said. The reason for the map became quickly obvious. The instructions were very detailed and led to a deep, dirty section of the city sewer system.
Oh, they need someone to dig Lex out of the Ark, now that it’s buried underneath LexTower and the entrance has been compromised from that direct hit.

With the chair vibrating it was hard to tell but he seemed to move at least another couple of hundred yards.
I wonder if they ever left the tunnels. They could have set up some elaborate 5D cinema experience for him.

Then he felt a wave of pain that he recognized too well. Kryptonite!
Oh boy.

He knew that voice. He'd just never expected to hear it again. Coming into the chamber was a smiling Lex Luthor.
Color me shocked. [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard