Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95253 05/12/13 09:37 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments? Confusion? I wrote it all in one go late at night, so bear with me and please let me know anything making your face look like this dizzy or confused

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#95254 05/13/13 02:24 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

/is in love with Nathaniel. More, please.

B

#95255 05/13/13 05:38 AM
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Ooh, scary. A very effective teaser! I'm extremely curious to see what is going to happen with Nathaniel Clarke.

Ultra Lucille
#95256 05/13/13 07:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, Mouse, there is so much going on in this teaser.

Is Herb on the side of good or bad?
Who is the resistance?
Are they the Kents of the future?
Who is running Dystopia? Tempus?
General Lynnis reminds me of Trask.

At first, I didn't know if Nathanial was a repentant Kent descendant who had gone bad and wanted to end his life so went back in time to tell Lois and Clark not to have children. Then I wondered if he was from an alt-dimension. What if it wasn't Nathanial who had gone bad, but another Kent descendent, who then ruined Utopia for everyone else and making everyone with super blood the "enemy". Or maybe it wasn't a Kent descendant who ruined everything but someone from NK (a Nor descendant perhaps) and the Kents were outcast due to a similar heritage.

Very scary and thrilling indeed. Sounds like something I'd read, between my fingertips, while sitting on the edge of my seat... BUT if only you promise a happy ending. (I have to throw that last part in because, well, you're you.)

You know this is going to be haunting my nightmares now, don't you? Very evil indeed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#95257 05/13/13 08:06 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BJ:
<strong> smile1 Love your reactions (and that you love Nathaniel wink )! Sorry, I can't give you anymore right now, but I will later, I promise. blush Thanks for commenting!

--Mark Twain
#95258 05/13/13 08:07 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Ultra Lucille:
Ooh, scary. A very effective teaser! I'm extremely curious to see what is going to happen with Nathaniel Clarke.
Glad you thought so. Nathaniel's full story will come eventually... if I ever stop getting new ideas for it. :p

--Mark Twain
#95259 05/13/13 08:20 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Oh, Mouse, there is so much going on in this teaser.
Oh, Virginia. You know I can't answer very many of these questions...

Is Herb on the side of good or bad?

Okay, I can tell you that he's not really too involved. At all.
Who is the resistance?
Are they the Kents of the future?
Who is running Dystopia? Tempus?
Nope. Nada. Not telling you nothing. Well, okay, it's not Tempus, either. If only Tempus had been patient for another hundred years or so...

General Lynnis reminds me of Trask.
Hmm.

At first, I didn't know if Nathanial was a repentant Kent descendant who had gone bad and wanted to end his life so went back in time to tell Lois and Clark not to have children. Then I wondered if he was from an alt-dimension. What if it wasn't Nathanial who had gone bad, but another Kent descendent, who then ruined Utopia for everyone else and making everyone with super blood the "enemy". Or maybe it wasn't a Kent descendant who ruined everything but someone from NK (a Nor descendant perhaps) and the Kents were outcast due to a similar heritage.
Some interesting theories you've got there. evil

Very scary and thrilling indeed. Sounds like something I'd read, between my fingertips, while sitting on the edge of my seat... BUT if only you promise a happy ending. (I have to throw that last part in because, well, you're you.)
Why, thank you. [Linked Image] Things will always get worse before they get better, as I am a stronger believer in making things as evil as possible, but eventually... yes, I won't leave it all in chaotic shambles. Not completely.

You know this is going to be haunting my nightmares now, don't you? Very evil indeed.
[Linked Image] Mwahahaha! That was the plan all along... :p

--Mark Twain
#95260 05/13/13 01:42 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very inventive, very original. Given the quantum nature of time travel (according to some theories), Nathaniel might have already changed the past and redirected his own 'present' onto a parallel branching track, one where what went before won't happen again in the original track. Maybe the solution will come (assuming this situation is ever resolved) from the future Nathaniel has created, the one where the Kent descendants aren't caught in a dystopian nightmare where Tempus rules, in spirit if not in fact.

The technology of his captors is a bit scary. They command a Kryptonite-like energy analogous to electricity which they use to control supers. And if they have so much control, why are they still interrogating Nathaniel? Is there a Kent-inspired resistance to the overlord(s)? Was he part of a resistance cell which gave itself up to send him to the past to warn Clark and Lois?

Or is their analysis flawed, and the only force which can win the people's freedom the Kent descendants? Was he trying to stop the very events which would eventually break the tyrants' chains and release the oppressed?

There are so many ways you could take this that I can't list them all. I add my vote to that of the others: Let us see more of this story! The start is just too good to let it be a one-shot. Let's all bang our silverware on the dinner table and chant in unison More! More! More!

Pretty please, with pink Jello icing and strawberries on top?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#95261 05/13/13 04:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this is indeed evil. eek

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard