Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Story can be found here.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be on the boards!

Comments appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 11:54 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute! Ah, Brutal Youth!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Wonderful! This story had a great mix of both WAFFiness and humor. The end was classic Lois -- I loved it!

I also really liked several of your turns of phrase. I thought the 'roaring river' variation on 'babbling brook' was particularly diverting.

Ultra Lucille
Kerth
Kerth
dance rotflol blush love

^My feelings throughout reading the story laugh

I loved this! It was so sweet and perfect!Absolutely great way to reveal Lois' feelings for Clark, and very unexpected. Very cute.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was great! smile1

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Artemis: Glad you enjoyed it. Um... 'The Prankster', actually.

Ultra Lucille: Thank you. [Linked Image] Actually, this story started out as my attempt for the Comedy Challenge, and turned WAFFy.
I also really liked several of your turns of phrase. I thought the 'roaring river' variation on 'babbling brook' was particularly diverting.
Thank you. When Lois doesn't stop to listen, her brook has turns into a river Clark can easily drown in. laugh

Mouserocks: I match your smilies with one of my own. [Linked Image] Thank you. It was one of those missed opportunities moments far enough away from HoL and before Mayson came on the scene where they could have confessed their true feelings. Isn't that what watching classic Mel Gibson movies are all about? [Linked Image]

Bobbart: Wow, thank you. High praise indeed. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
This scene was definitely one of the highlights of "The Prankster" for me. I'm glad you decided to expand on it for this fanfic.

I love how you mixed some comedy and romance into one great story. The first half of the story had me laughing over the thought of a fearless reporter like Lois being afraid of her mother, but the second half was really good, too. It definitely gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. laugh

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This is an interesting twist on the scene. Lois is totally un-phased by the Prankster's threats. I can see why she would react that way - this is hardly the first time she's received death threats. She probably also expects that no matter what trouble she gets into, Superman will save her.

Houseguests, on the other hand... an uninvited, unwanted houseguest for a whole week... whinging

I love this exchange:

“Lois, you’re always welcome to stay here,” he reassured her. “I would never force you to go home.” He took a bite of his pizza and then tossed her a teasing grin. “In fact, you’re welcome to move in, if you like.”

“Watch out, Smallville, I just might take you up on that offer someday,” she replied, causing him to choke on his pizza. “How about tonight?”
It's a bold comment by Clark, and he's actually serious, but he's covering his bases by acting like he's kidding. I like how Lois calls his bluff.

And this:

“Who says it isn’t because I’m in love with you and I’m ready to move our relationship forward?” she asked.
I was so hoping that she was being serious, but, alas, you dashed my hopes quite soundly. Fortunately, everything was rectified by the end. sloppy

When she brings up Superman right at the end, it makes me wonder whether she knows or suspects that CK=SM. Why else would she ask about Superman coming between them? On the other hand, she might just be worried because of their history and the whole mess with turning Clark down and coming on to Superman. I'd like to see a short epilogue with Clark telling her the secret and her getting mad, and then he protests, "But you said that you wouldn't let Superman come between us!" laugh

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! smile1 It's amazing how many different takes can be inspired by one little scene.
I love how you mixed some comedy and romance into one great story. The first half of the story had me laughing over the thought of a fearless reporter like Lois being afraid of her mother, but the second half was really good, too. It definitely gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yes, well, this started out as my attempt for Comedy challenge, but when I searched for a way to end it, suddenly it went WAFFy on me. Instead of trying to split it up and ending up with three stories about this scene on the boards posted within the month, I kept it together. (This one was inspired while I was writing While You Sleep... - Sorry, I have retail in my genes. Would you like some shameless plug with your FDK response? laugh ). Thanks for reading.

mrsMxyzptlk: Thanks for the comment. You're really feeding my muse tonight. [Linked Image]
This is an interesting twist on the scene. Lois is totally un-phased by the Prankster's threats. I can see why she would react that way - this is hardly the first time she's received death threats.
That's what originally caught my attention. Clark assuming that Lois was there because of the Prankster scaring her. I thought it might be funny to have it be her mother. "Don't answer the phone, Clark, it might be my mother calling to check up on me!" clap I think you just wrote it!

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Is she? Or maybe she really wants to move in? (better than going back to her apartment where her mother is. eek )

Um... who says she was joking? Clark *assumes* that she's joking, but she never says that she was. Maybe she was doing what Clark did earlier when he invited her to live with him, wink telling him the truth veiled as a jest. (See shameless plug above.)
By the end of the story I realized that she was serious here, but as I was reading I thought she was joking.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
By the end of the story I realized that she was serious here, but as I was reading I thought she was joking.
evil I love double speak.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois was so totally serious about winning that Pulitzer!

Having Lois as an uninvited visitor made Clark's night and life. Well done.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Thank you for reading.
Lois was so totally serious about winning that Pulitzer!
Um... is Lois ever NOT serious about winning the Pulitzer?

Having Lois as an uninvited visitor made Clark's night and life. Well done.
Thank you.

CLARK: [Linked Image] Now, if I could only get her to put that harem costume back on.

LOIS: [Linked Image] If I dress as [Linked Image], then you must dress as [Linked Image]

CLARK: Or, what's she wearing is just fine. [Linked Image]

(Sorry, I went smilie crazy.)

VirginiaR.
---
Features Writer
Features Writer
-sniff, sniff- So beautiful! That moment when Clark, trying to reassure her, said that Luthor died knowing she loved him, I could just feel everything go completely quiet -- my stomach dropped right out from under me. And then she said she didn't love him and it just continued from there...so perfect. It was funny and yet kind of sad, too, that Clark couldn't decide if it were a dream or not, but when he finally came clean about what he wanted, I was so proud of him! smile And I LOVE how when Lois said she wouldn't let Superman come between them, Clark knew she'd secured his love for all time!

Such a great story!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AntiKryptonite: Thank you for your kind words. smile1
That moment when Clark, trying to reassure her, said that Luthor died knowing she loved him, I could just feel everything go completely quiet -- my stomach dropped right out from under me. And then she said she didn't love him and it just continued from there...so perfect.
[Linked Image] Thanks.

It was funny and yet kind of sad, too, that Clark couldn't decide if it were a dream or not, but when he finally came clean about what he wanted, I was so proud of him!
CLARK: I did good? hyper

Lois cornered him and wouldn't let him out of confessing the truth, and when he finished rambling he realized he had said too much to turn back. Sometimes we need someone in out lives who force us to admit the hard truths, whether we want to or not.

And I LOVE how when Lois said she wouldn't let Superman come between them, Clark knew she'd secured his love for all time!
As I've said before, it's the little things in life that make the biggest impact.

Such a great story!
Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Usually those dreams didn’t include a harem outfit like the one she had been wearing that night, but she has never looked quite like this.
clap

She took two slices of everything pizza, his favorite, and put them on one plate, before moving that box to the side.
There's a nice change...her caring for his needs first.

“In fact, you’re welcome to move in, if you like.”
clap

“Watch out, Smallville, I just might take you up on that offer someday,” she replied, causing him to choke on his pizza. “How about tonight?”
Hope she knows the Heimlich.

<blinks>

“So, you’re hiding out at my apartment from your mother?”
Ah...awwwwww. Take what you can get, Clark.

“Griffin… he’s just the psychopath of the week, but Ellen Lane…” She shivered. “Well, she’s my mother,” Lois said this as if Clark would understand this horrible monster she described.
clap

How fun! I liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deadly Chakram: hyper FDK out of the blue. My favorite kind of rare gift. laugh

He'll take "Lethal Weapon" related movies for $1000, Alex.
CLARK: Can I call my partner if I get stuck?

She took two slices of everything pizza, his favorite, and put them on one plate, before moving that box to the side.
DC: There's a nice change...her caring for his needs first.
Funny thing. I totally didn't notice that. I was thinking his pizza was in the top box, so she dished it out first.

Hope she knows the Heimlich.
Well, let's hope Ellen and Sam taught her... oh, no! eek Clark's in trouble!

Ah...awwwwww. Take what you can get, Clark.
He's not really good at that, is he?

Aww, Lois beat me to it!
I'd adopt Mrs. Kent for my children's grandmother /psst. don't tell my mom./

I see Ellen's sense of tact has escaped unscathed.
Now, you see why Lois is hiding at Clark's.

Hey! I was going to say the same thing!
Logical. laugh

<gives Clark a hug>
He hugs you back.

DC? DC? Medic!

Yes, and Lois has a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, Clark.
Clark doesn't live a busy life? wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK out of the blue. My favorite kind of rare gift.
So is time for me to actually sit and read, lately!

He's not really good at that, is he?
Nope.

I'd adopt Mrs. Kent for my children's grandmother /psst. don't tell my mom./
<mimes locking mouth and throwing away the key>

Now, you see why Lois is hiding at Clark's.
<nods>

He hugs you back.

DC? DC? Medic
Well....I *have* been hugged by Dean. And yes, medics should *always* be standing by for that. <happy sigh>

Clark doesn't live a busy life? [Shock] He's two people!
Yes, but that's not the real reason he's saying that...it's just a bad excuse. There's no one else because they are not Lois.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another one dug up from ancient history…
Uninvited Visitor
Lois getting pregnant?

Despite the loud cheering fans at the Nets game on his television, Clark could hear someone walking up to his front door.
Probably someone important like a bat or a cat or a blonde ADA.

He turned to look who it was in time to see Lois start pounding.
Huh. I never expected her to show up.

Nothing like having the woman of his dreams descend upon him unannounced.
[img]http://tinyurl.com/o66t9ce[/img]
(btw, you’d think it’s easier to find SFW images of harpies when you google ‘harpy’)

Usually those dreams didn’t include a harem outfit like the one she had been wearing that night,
He goes for the straight-up naked version?

but she has never looked quite like this.

Lois was dressed in sweats with her haired pulled back into a sloppy makeshift ponytail.
So, not up for nookie?

He had an inkling of what it could be.
[Linked Image]

“Does something have to be wrong for me want to spend time with my best friend?” she asked.
With I-have-no-friends-Lane, yeah, it does.

“Let’s start with the first one, because it’s best to watch movies in order,” she said,
Mostly always true. Except for Star Wars. You would *not* want to introduce your little ones to Star Wars via Episode I. Better wait till they’re 8 or 9 and start with Episode IV. Funny story: Back then, I had no idea how my dad knew to also tape ESB one week after SW aired. I mean, the program guide didn’t even link them and it was just a 1-inch long column space reserved for it. Boy, was I surprised.

“Lois, do you want to tell me what happened?” he asked.

“Nothing happened,” she said, jumping to her feet and heading into Clark’s kitchen.
Kyle Griffin visited her in her bedroom?

She removed a couple of plates out of his cabinet and returned to the dining room.
She certainly feels right at home in his kitchen.
CLARK: I bet she’s very good in the kitchen. [Linked Image]

“Well, maybe not, but I’d feel much better if you stayed with me tonight,” Clark said, his protective genes leaping to the surface.
I’ll bet. [Linked Image]

Move in tonight?
CLARK: hyper

She stood up and went to retrieve a soda from the dining room table. She opened it and took a gulp. “Who says it isn’t because I’m in love with you and I’m ready to move our relationship forward?” she asked.
MIRANDA: clap

“Yes, I know, Lois. She’s a mom after all,” Clark interrupted.

“No, Clark. That’s just it. She’s no ordinary mother. Most moms aren’t like her,” she went on. “Your mom is like ‘Super Mom’!”
Awww… I’m sure you are, too.

It was incredible that Lois had ended up as lovable as she was.
What’s that supposed to mean? /points at green-glowing bristles on her neck and shoulder/

“So, to placate your mother, you want to fast-forward into a relationship with me?
No, Ellen wouldn’t take too fondly to Clark knocking up her good daughter.

Or is it that you want to go undercover as my girlfriend?”
[Linked Image] You keep misspelling ‘underthecover’ for some reason.

he’d probably go along with it, but at what expense?
Two gold bands, one silver band, one diamond. Wedding’s paid for by the father of the bride.

Currently, well, since I graduated from high school really… she’s been on this kick about how I’ve wasted my life,” Lois went on,
Funny how she’s wasted her life by *not* getting pregnant since Ellen would have lodged the very same complained if she *had* gotten pregnant *before* graduating highschool.

“This will clarify why I want to avoid my mother, Clark. Somehow, this morphed into her saying how if I had only said ‘I do’ to Lex last summer, I could now be happily widowed with billions of dollars to my name.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I mean, how could you not? They’re with me until they die; if that’s not a lifetime commitment, I don’t know what is.”
hyper

Although they couldn’t get much closer than they were now… not without a ring and a marriage license.
Actually, it’s not against the law in New Troy to get closer without a ring and a marriage license. They only require that you don’t do it in a public place.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard