Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
peep Well, Superman disappeared trying to stop Nightfall the first time. What better way to return? peep

Comments here please.

Bob

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
It doesn't rain but it pours! This Lois and Clark certainly are living on an unlucky planet.

I like that Clark is using Bernie as his mission coordinator without really telling anyone else what he's planning to do. Seems very realistic after everything he went through after the *last* Nightfall mission. It will definitely make for an interesting return of Superman.

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm. Poor Clark. He seems to have a lot of guilt piled up from Nightfall. It wasn't his fault that he lost his memories, but he seems to blame himself for all the damage that occurred on Earth because of lack of powers, or was it because he was the only who destroyed the asteroid in the first place, raining the smaller meteors to Earth?

Will he admit what he told Dr. Klein to everyone else? Or will they believe that he was hurled into space (towards the sun) with the swarm and came back when the rocks did? I can't imagine he would be able to keep secret Superman being on Earth hidden from the general populace because someone is going to learn about this new mission(s) to battle the swarm.

I was hoping to be able to be a bug on the wall to the discussion between the four Kents on where Superman had been. But I guess you have to have some mystery. laugh

What a way to return! I hope his mission is successful. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Having Bernie as mission coordinator is the better choice. I never trusted the General or that mysterious 'advisor to the president' both very sneaky gents.

Looking forward to the rest!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

Extremely interesting and compelling.

Clark feels responsible and driven to somehow redeem himself by preventing any more damage from Nightfall. I wonder how long it will take him to decide to carry a second pack with him to change out while still in space.

Looking forward to part 4.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ultra Lucille
It doesn't rain but it pours! This Lois and Clark certainly are living on an unlucky planet.
That’s why they have a Superman! smile
I like that Clark is using Bernie as his mission coordinator without really telling anyone else what he's planning to do. Seems very realistic after everything he went through after the *last* Nightfall mission.
Yeah. The last mission served as a good object lesson in limited trust.

VirginiaR
Poor Clark. He seems to have a lot of guilt piled up from Nightfall.
Based on his personality – which has pretty much survived in spite of his memory loss – he tends to feel guilty for everything anyway.
…he seems to blame himself for all the damage that occurred on Earth because of lack of powers, or was it because he was the one who destroyed the asteroid in the first place, raining the smaller meteors to Earth?
This is Clark. BOTH! smile
Will he admit what he told Dr. Klein to everyone else? Or will they believe that he was hurled into space (towards the sun) with the swarm and came back when the rocks did? I can't imagine he would be able to keep secret Superman being on Earth hidden from the general populace because someone is going to learn about this new mission(s) to battle the swarm.
Ummm… Read and see.

Morgana
Having Bernie as mission coordinator is the better choice. I never trusted the General or that mysterious 'advisor to the president' both very sneaky gents.
Well, the first time it wasn’t any of these people. It was Lex. Of course, as several people keep pointing out to me, SkyFall ended with our favorite villain unaccounted for. wink

Ken
Extremely interesting and compelling.
Thank you. You wouldn’t believe how long I fought with my muse about a suitable reason for Clark to bring Superman back.
Clark feels responsible and driven to somehow redeem himself by preventing any more damage from Nightfall.
Yes, as I said to Virginia above, Super-Guilt is one of Clark’s greatest powers.
I wonder how long it will take him to decide to carry a second pack with him to change out while still in space.
Well, that certainly did come in handy the first time.

Thanks for the comments.
Bob

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The was no doubt in her mind that her husband was thinking, 'here we go again.'
I think you want to open that sentance with "there".

I like this story so far. I do worry about Clark returning to space, how will he avoid the problems that developed last time. Although that was mainly due to the kryptonite gas.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, John. wave
I think you want to open that sentance with "there".
Yep. Fixed now. Thanks. smile

The funny part is that I have great beta readers. I just can't resist tweaking the story right up until I post it. That's where almost all of these kinds of errors come in.

I like this story so far. I do worry about Clark returning to space, how will he avoid the problems that developed last time. Although that was mainly due to the kryptonite gas.
Yes, as long as Bernie doesn't load the Green K gas in the mission survival suit, everything should be good. Right? devil

Thanks for the note.
Bob

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I guess I should be more worried, I mean we are only to part 3.

I am surprised that Dr. Klein has not clued into Ck=SM. All the "like Clark" lines are starting to add up.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
John:
You said:
I guess I should be more worried, I mean we are only to part 3.
evil Well, I did say at the top of this story that it was NOT B-plot driven. evil

Bob

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Bernie is the right person to help. clap I just hope that bad guys won't find out about the mission. huh

KateB
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
KateB
Bernie is the right person to help.
Absolutely! thumbsup

I love writing Bernie. As I said is some other feedback, there are three supporting characters that I LOVE to write. Bernie is one of them.

Thanks for the note.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!
Chapter 3 – Swarm

“What do you think this is about?” Lois asked as she leaned in close to her husband. They had been in the process of getting out the door this morning when they’d gotten a call from the Planet. EPRAD had called an early morning news conference and Perry wanted the two of them to cover it.
Asteroids. A whole bunch o’ ‘em.

“It doesn't,” she replied. “That’s what has me worried. But I have no idea what else this could be about. I can’t believe that there could be another Nightfall-like asteroid. Last time they said that it was a once-in-a-million years type of event.”
Yeah, you see, the impact of Superman with Nightfall caused a rip in the fabric of spacetime and linked some of the other dimensions to this one and now all their Nightfall asteroids are coming through to this dimension.

“I’m General Isaacson. The scientists at EPRAD have discovered a cloud of asteroids heading for the Earth.
laugh
ANUBIS: When at first you don’t succeed…

They're approaching from the direction of the Sun, and will be here in approximately two days.
Oh, okay. So, not asteroids but a Kryptonian invasion fleet hiding in front of the sun as to surprise the military defenders of their designated new home planet.

We are still developing data, but we already know that there are at least forty-seven of these bodies between one hundred and three hundred meters in diameter.
So, not good then, huh? But hey, Superman now has a new cover story – he was out there, crushing and accelerating asteroids towards Earth.

As I said a moment ago, these happened to have followed a sun-skimming orbit and they're now heading back with all of their original, post-impact velocity.”

“What is the government doing about this?”
For starters, they will cancel any and all Superman-rescues-the-world statues due to his role in Earths impending doom.

From a science POV, I’m wondering, wouldn’t the impact of a small projectile that burst the asteroid apart *not* have send the pieces backwards around the sun or accelerated them all that much. Most of the kinetic energy should have gone into the concussive force that broke up the rock and what remained, into driving the pieces apart. huh

His best guess was that Lois wanted to ask if Superman would be able to make a difference if he was still alive.
He’s always been a smart one, huh?

“I don’t think that’s possible,” Bernie countered. “Setting up the equipment alone will take several people most of a day.”

“What if you have one person who is both super strong and super-fast?”

“Oh… I guess I won’t need as much help as I thought.”
laugh

Do you think that you're going to be strong enough to do a second trip?
Well, he’s be exposed to unfiltered yellow sunlight during the whole time, so, yeah, he should be a go for a whole night with Lois or a couple of thousands of asteroids.

“Superman, you may have super powers, but I don't. I will... well, I'll need to use the rest room.
There was a whoosh, and suddenly a bucket was standing next to the control console.

And I worry about getting tired.”
Another whoosh and a 2 gallon bottle of Caf-Pow appeared, with an extra long straw.

There was a rushing of air and suddenly Clark was in the room in his Superman suit.
So, last night send-off with a Superman fantasy?

“Yes. I let people down last time, and now it feels like it’s going to happen again.”
Actually, he was assassinated last time, but who’s counting.

“But I have to start back with an hour and a half of air. In the time it will take for me to return I could divert hundreds of rocks.”
What if he takes the second one with him, outfitted with a beacon and leaves it about 600 000 km from the estimated meeting place. That way, he can pick it up when the first one runs dry. He’d need a homing beacon, of course…

He looked at her sheepishly. “I guess I'd better make sure I come back.”

“Yes. You better make sure.”
Plus, statistically speaking, Lois is probably pregnant by now.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard