Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The crime statistics used in this chapter are based on the real crime statistics for New York City in the year 1992.

Comments here, please.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And people wonder why I like the small town life. LOL. Yikes! That's a lot of crime. I hope it's gotten better since then. (Of course, it wasn't until I moved into the country that I learned the gang problem wasn't only a city problem anymore. eek )

So, M&J are staying permanently in Metropolis and not going to try to head back to the hole once named Smallville? That will be a huge adjustment. I doubt it will be permanent unless they find something else to occupy their time. I'm sure the Kents and Whites will have a grand time sharing a house together.

I liked you showing Jimmy standing up to Perry. Go Jimmy! I don't remember much of what happened to him from your first story, but I'm glad Nightfall had one positive aspect (besides romance). Perry does have the tendency to bark before listening.

Yes, I could see the Kents have difficulty proving themselves undead. thumbsup Do they really have such a negative view on Batman? Isn't he trying to help Gotham as Superman did Metropolis? It would be funny to find out that Superman and Batman were already friends, only Clark hadn't told anyone, so they bump into one another and Superman doesn't remember. That might give the greatest detective a bit of a clue on who Superman might be during the daytime. I like the idea of Superman taking a page out of Batman's playbook and only working at night with the exception of big emergencies and accidents. That will make his disappearances from the office seem less noticeable.

It's interesting that they said that it was the Kryptonite gas which fried Clark's brain. Is that how they're going to get around both of them having no memories?

Can't wait to see how you'll pull this rabbit out of the hat!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I don't think it would be too much of a problem if Superman was known to have memory loss like Clark. It's publicly known that Clark was hurt by the C127 or whatever gas that was mixed with kryptonite to murder Superman. I don't think that he should volunteer that he has amnesia, but I don't think that it would cause people to figure out that CK=S.

I'm eager to see what excuse Clark & co. come up with for Superman's absence. He can easily say that he was severely injured and he's been recuperating, but he might not be able to get away with being that vague. People will wonder where he has been and how severely he was injured. And he can't very well say, "Oh, I didn't help with the smaller meteor strikes because I forgot that I was Superman." That wouldn't go over very well...

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

It has been a while since I read When the Sky Falls so I am in the process of reading it for the third time.

So far you haven't lost me.

Looking for the next chapter.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“That’s the other reason we wanted you two here tonight. I was hoping that between the four of us we would come up with a good story. Lois and I have been talking about it, and, to be honest, we didn’t like any of our own ideas.”
It makes perfectly good sense to me that Lois and Clark would ask his parents for advice in this matter. After all he has depended on their advice for years... even if he doesn't remember it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Virginia:
And people wonder why I like the small town life. LOL. Yikes! That's a lot of crime. I hope it's gotten better since then.
It has. The early 90s were a really bad time for crime in big cities.
So, M&J are staying permanently in Metropolis and not going to try to head back to the hole once named Smallville? That will be a huge adjustment. I doubt it will be permanent unless they find something else to occupy their time.
I figured that they would for 2 reasons. First, Clark needs them here. Second, getting across the country is likely difficult. (If this were the Smallville universe, this would not be a problem.) Once things are more settled, they may try to head back, but their farm is a crater. Not a lot to go home to.
he'll have some difficulties coming back after so much damage, especially with the anti-Superman groups out there. Not everyone is going to want his help... oh, I'm sure they won't turn him down, but they might grumble about it later.
Well… Just keep reading.
Lois giggled at his phrase. “I guess that is better than being declared undead. My husband is already a space alien. I don’t need zombies for my in-laws.”
Sorry. I know the line is corny, but I couldn’t resist.
You're not going to earn brownie points from Queenie with all those barbs on her favorite cape-wearing vigilante. I personally found them a riot. Do they really have such a negative view on Batman?
I’m not sure that they have that bad a view of him, but Batman is always a much darker figure than Superman. Think about it, how often does Batman ever help out at orphanages or do other positive community service? Now, I’m sure Bruce Wayne is doing a lot to help out after Nightfall, but not Batman.

mrsMxyzptlk:
I don't think it would be too much of a problem if Superman was known to have memory loss like Clark. It's publicly known that Clark was hurt by the C127 or whatever gas that was mixed with kryptonite to murder Superman. I don't think that he should volunteer that he has amnesia, but I don't think that it would cause people to figure out that CK=S.
Ummm… Keep reading.
I'm eager to see what excuse Clark & co. come up with for Superman's absence. He can easily say that he was severely injured and he's been recuperating, but he might not be able to get away with being that vague. People will wonder where he has been and how severely he was injured. And he can't very well say, "Oh, I didn't help with the smaller meteor strikes because I forgot that I was Superman." That wouldn't go over very well...
Ummm… Keep reading.
Sorry for the non-reply, but I assue you that these issues will be dealt with before too long. smile

Ken:
It has been a while since I read When the Sky Falls so I am in the process of reading it for the third time.

So far you haven't lost me.

Looking for the next chapter.
Thanks. I hope it turns out to be worth the 3rd pass.

Morgana:
It makes perfectly good sense to me that Lois and Clark would ask his parents for advice in this matter. After all he has depended on their advice for years... even if he doesn't remember it.
He knows that they are his parents so they are part of the bigger picture. Besides, they can help fill in the blanks.

Thank you all. I know we are starting a little slow, but I promise it will pick up very soon.

Bob

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

Can't wait to see how you'll pull this rabbit out of the hat!
I second this! Very much looking forward to Chapter 3.

Ultra Lucille
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ultra Lucille
I second this! Very much looking forward to Chapter 3.
Great! smile1 And, as of about 5 minutes ago, you don't need to wait any longer. thumbsup dance

Thans for the note.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!

Lois and Clark went over to Jimmy, who was still watching Perry retreat to his office. “You’ve sure improved your skills in dealing with Perry on a rampage,” Lois commented.
True, but why not deliver all of them in one single batch in the first place?

You guys are in late, were you working on a story?”
Yes, a guest column in Love Fortress International.

“It’s about time, Kent. Where have you and Lois been this morning? I hope it’s something I can print.”
Not above the fold, if he wants to keep selling his paper on the streets instead of under the counter.

“It sure is,” Jonathan said. “We’d have never made it without the help of our neighbor and his whole family.”
Good thing they’re doing this at the Planet instead of the Star, otherwise, the Irigs might come off as some kind of sect living in a compound. Might draw the wrong kind of attention.

Since Metropolis was his home, we feel that it would be proper to honor him in some way. Therefore, on this very spot we will erect a statue in his honor. We know this is a pitifully small symbol, given his sacrifice, but we're sure he’d rather we spent even that money to help the people of our city – of his city – to recover from Nightfall.”
Maybe they could build a live-in statue. If done properly, it could house a hundred families and tower way above Metropolis’s skyline.

Lois giggled at his phrase. “I guess that is better than being declared undead. My husband is already a space alien. I don’t need zombies for my in-laws.”
rotflol

“That’s the other reason we wanted you two here tonight. I was hoping that between the four of us we would come up with a good story. Lois and I have been talking about it, and, to be honest, we didn’t like any of our own ideas.”
SUPERMAN: Yes, well, I was imprisoned by Lex Luthor on an island for the first several weeks after Nightfall and it was only after his downfall that his goons slowly drifted off. One day, I realized that I was all alone and that there was no one left to keep exposing me to harmful radiation and I started to slowly regain my powers.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard