Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94504 04/16/13 03:38 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks so much for your patience during the lapse in posting.

Corrina.

#94505 04/16/13 04:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

Well, the much needed breakthrough!

Personally, I think Diddi should have found them kissing, not just holding hands.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#94506 04/16/13 05:22 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Clark has fallen pretty hard pretty fast, hasn't he? I foresee problems later with his decision not to reveal that he's an alien, but in his current circumstances, that's a perfectly reasonable decision. I like that he's not just falling for Lois but his attitude about belonging is changing.
And he finally understood something - belonging was not about a planet, but a person.
This line really shows that he's growing. He's gaining a perspective that he didn't have with Lana because she seemed to have emphasized his differences and let him know they were unacceptable, rather than just loving him the way he was. I think Clark's decision to stay must have been influenced by Lois being so readily accepted into the tribe, despite her obvious differences from the rest of their people. He probably figures that if they can accept her as one of them, they will probably accept him as well.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#94507 04/16/13 05:27 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You had me on tenterhooks! smile1 I should read about 7 or 8 fanfics during the time that you took a well deserved vacation, but during those weeks I kept an eye on when it would publish review Chapter 20 and, lo and behold! thumbsup

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#94508 04/16/13 05:52 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm so glad to see this story back! I love the way it has developed so far. And I can't wait to see how you disabuse Clark of the notion that he can just forget his old life and his powers!

Amber smile

#94509 04/17/13 04:10 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, it's better than no feedback, right?

#94510 04/18/13 01:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Sorry, I didn't comment sooner, even though I read this a few days ago. Currently, I'm trying to squeeze lemonade out of rocks. I'm reading, even if I don't always have time to comment. laugh

This part was so sweet. I loved the first date feel of the whole part. This time it was Lois who was unsure about her wardrobe. And then Kent is bowled over by her hair. clap You can't be MOM'S friend, space man, you're supposed to be MINE!

So, will Diddi be staying in quarantine with them when they return, since he's been exposed to the new guy? Nothing like a kid to slow down the intimate part of a relationship. The Chief knows what he's doing.

It looks like Kent is there to stay. I'm still wondering about his lack of powers. Is he still being exposed to Kryptonite somehow? True, it's only been a week. Me, and Clark, should just give it time. I know he'll be tested at some point and he'll need to use those powers again, whether he wants to or not.

Per my earlier comments on an earlier thread, even though Kent has put his "Clark Kent" life behind him as Lois has put her "Lois Lane" life behind her, I can't see him keeping it from Lois forever... just like I can't see her keeping her past from him forever. Someday, they will feel comfortable enough with one another to share even these dark times with one another, and the truth will come out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#94511 04/18/13 06:39 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really enjoyed this part. I am hoping that Clark's powers come back eventually, but for now just being with Lois is what he needs.

John Pack Lambert
#94512 04/19/13 01:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! It's back! I loved it! But why do I get the sense that Clark's decision to hide his past is gonna come back to bite him the hiney? Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#94513 04/24/13 02:39 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ken Kissing? Uhm. wink

mrsMxyzptlk Nice summary of Clark's thoughts. smile

chelo Thanks for your enthusiasm. I'm glad you like this version of Lois and Clark.

Amber Uhmm. Apparently, Clark should have consulted some FoLCs before he made his decision. Assuming, his plan doesn't work of course!

Amy Yep, it's always nice to know someone is reading.

Virginia Lots of interesting comments - thanks.

Regarding Diddi - I didn't mean to suggest that Diddi didn't want Kent to hold his mother's hand. He thought Lois was helping Kent because Kent wasn't feeling well. As the son of a medicine woman, he's used to his mother helping people who aren't well.

John Clark hasn't really needed his powers up to this point.

Mouse Another FoLC who thinks Clark might regret his decision to make a clean break wink

Thanks for reading and commenting,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard