Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Again, hope this isn't too confusing for those who haven't watched OUaT before! Thanks for sticking with me! smile

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
And then we *quietly* go out and try to find out why everyone in this entire town thinks they come straight out of a fairytale.”
I love it that Clark is figuring things out. It's kinda sweet and very in character that he feels some sympathy for them.

I like the characteristic way you have Lois barging ahead with Clark being more cautious.

Cute touch - no one in Story Brook is aware of who Superman is.

I wonder if Superman can help rescue Emma and Snow?

Joan

Kerth
Kerth
I love this more and more each time! laugh can't wait for the next one! I think everything was explained quite nicely at the bottom-- there's more characters you *could* elaborate on, but that's all I can think of referenced in your story. (Although you did mention Daniel a couple of times and I didn't see him on the list, but idk if he's crucial to list...)

Love how Clark and Lois have caught on so quickly. Clark being so sensitive about the possibility that they are from another "world" or aliens is perfect and well done. I love Lois trying to get him past it. And omg, can't wait for the next installment! What's going to happen now that they found Belle? wink Love it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Whoops! blush blush Double post. Labby? You able to remove it?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I am really impressed at your ability to write all of these different characters so well. And Storybrooke is a fascinating setting to explore this particular time period in Lois and Clark's relationship.

More soon please!

Amber smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I am enjoying this story more with every part. I hated that I had been too busy to finish part three until a few minutes ago. It's been tantalizing me for days.

You’re not an alien, Clark. *This* is your home, Earth, Metropolis, out there with Jonathan and Martha and Perry and Jimmy and…and *me*. You don’t need them. You already belong.
Beautifully said, and exactly what Clark needs to hear.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AntiK:

Hey, sorry its taken so long to write up this comment. Once again, a beautifully crafted segment of a larger story blending two extremely different universes into a perfect whole.

Keep it coming and thanks for the cheat sheet! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks,scifiJoan! I considered working in a knowledge of Superman among the Storybrooke inhabitants, but since they really know very little about the world outside their town -- and since Superman emerged in the world only a few years before, when Storybrooke was still frozen in the curse -- I thought it more likely they would have no idea who he was. And Superman could probably rescue Snow and Emma fairly quickly if he could find a way to Fairytale Land, but it's the getting there that's the hard part! smile

Ah, Daniel! Definitely should add him to the list, thanks, Mouserocks! Trying to work in how Lois and Clark would respond to a town full of displaced fairytale characters was one of the reasons I had to stop just thinking about the crossover and actually write it! I liked the idea of Clark identifying with them and Lois being afraid he'd want to stay.

SO glad the characters ring true, amberlea! That's actually the part I focus on the most and try really hard to keep true, so reading your comment made me very happy! sloppy

Thanks, Lynn! I'm relieved to hear you're still enjoying! I think Clark can always stand to hear one more time that he's not alone anymore! smile

Good to hear from you, Morgana! So glad you're still enjoying!

Thanks to everyone following the story -- and I apologize again for the inconsistent posting schedule!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Good! They’d think we’re crazy, and…that’s not a good feeling.”
Ah, poor kiddo.

So, in the end, Charming had called Regina.
Desperate indeed!

But Regina had been trying to redeem herself, trying to make herself worthy of her son, trying to show Henry that she could change for the better.
Riiiiight, Regina.

but there was no telling when that would change.
And it happens faster than a Superman spin-change too.

“Magic’s back, and Gold’s been squirreling away magical items for probably the entire twenty-eight years of the curse. If these strangers find any of those items, if they stumble down to the mines and find any of the leftover detritus of our old world, it could be catastrophic.”
Kinda surprised she hasn't gone to roast them alive with a fireball...thank God she has Henry to keep her temper in check.

Letting out a mirthless chuckle, Charming manufactured a grin. “Great. Things just never let up around here, do they?”
Yeah, but Gold's not stupid enough to murder L&C. Murder/missing persons in the area would draw more of the real world into Storybrooke.

But wishes didn’t come true, not anymore, not until the dwarves found the diamonds that the fairies could use to replenish their own magic and power their wands.
Love this.

Actually, the only ‘normal’ sheriff he remembered was Emma, and he had a feeling that most of what had happened while she was sheriff in Storybrooke hadn’t exactly been normal fare by this world’s standards.
Ahem... clap

“We’d love one. Thanks. Oh, and by the way, mind if I ask you a question. Yesterday, I thought I saw a man without an arm. As if he’d just lost it. You know anyone like that?”
I love you, Lois!

Gold would have been better at this; he was able to spin words and truths so adeptly that he never once lied and never once conveyed the absolute truth.
Hey! I know someone else like that!

This Clark Kent had the same kind of eyes.
Interesting and I love it.

On a good day, he was never sure he could live up to their expectations; on bad days like this, he was *sure* he was going to fail them.
Not unlike being a king...

“I could really use some good news,” he said aloud before starting up the car and pulling out into the street, headed once more for Gold’s shop.
Um...a really hot and awesome super hero is in town? What? I tried...

It had been bad enough at the stables yesterday, finding blood on the hay in a stall, smelling the stench of tears and more blood and some kind of hospital sterilizer or fluid Clark couldn’t put a name to, seeing the dents in the wood door, as if someone had been locked inside the stall and had pounded uselessly to be let out.
Ah, was wondering if they'd managed to sneak a peek.

nothing here works the way it does in Metropolis or anywhere normal.
Metropolis counts as someplace normal?? Well, compared to Storybrooke...I guess...

And then we *quietly* go out and try to find out why everyone in this entire town thinks they come straight out of a fairytale.
You may not like the answer to that, Clark. wink

“It was,” Granny interjected gruffly. “And wolves are dangerous.”
Well, she is right about that!

It had brought both Lois and Clark up short, and Clark had been only more surprised when further questioning revealed that apparently no one in Storybrooke had ever heard of Superman.
Sorry, Clark, the post office couldn't find Storybrooke to drop off the fan club kits. wink

“I don’t mean to sound vain or anything, but Superman’s been around for two years and has been in the news in every country. But there’s a small town in Metropolis’s backyard that’s never even heard of him?”
Not vain, Clark. Totally legit question.

“Alien,” Lois said, as if she’d never said the word before in her life. As if she weren’t looking into the eyes of an alien at that very moment. “That’s why you want to back off. That’s why you’re so scared.”
Ding! Ding! Ding! We *have* a winner!

Even if didn’t hate lying, he couldn’t have, not with Lois’s hand on his arm,
Love this whole section.

You’re not an alien, Clark. *This* is your home, Earth, Metropolis, out there with Jonathan and Martha and Perry and Jimmy and…and *me*. You don’t need them. You already belong.
Beautiful! <hugs Lois>

When he found where everyone had gone, it was all at once. One instant, it was silent and still, the next there was a roar, a seething morass of sound and movement and light that pricked straight into his brain with painful intensity at the level of telescopic vision he’d been employing.
A wolf hunt!

She was also chained with iron manacles to a heating pipe.
clap At the cliffhanger, not at Belle being chained, mind you!

Love how much Clark has figured out (the fairytale stuff) and how honest he's being with Lois (and that she's smart enough to realize his fears). Another excellent part. A couple more days and I will be able to read more - can't wait!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard