Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh ...
My ...
God ...

Tank Wilson is Clark Kent ... and Superman ... and he *has* to have children with Lois.

dance )

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Roger, I haven't been able to read past this line:

Now he was renting a small flat in one of the poorer sections of London
WHAT'S HIS ADDRESS?????

Yvonne
(already planning pasta for tonight's meal...)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Roger...

Brilliant. As Clark said, there is a fine line between brilliance and lunacy, and I'm honestly not sure whether or not you've crossed it here. But I'm going to say that you haven't, because I think this was just terrific. clap

Kathy (who at this moment is trying to imagine Tempus solemnly pronouncing "Tank Wilson is Superman". Just doesn't have quite the same ring to it...know what I mean?)

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto both Kathys, Roger! This was sheer genius. goofy One way or another, Tank, you still won Lois... the question is, can you live with the manner of your conquest? evil

Wendy (who didn't miss Judge Richards in Tank's last intervention, but just forgot to say so. :p )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Children? eek

The only condition is to have children? smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You started out so well, Roger. Clark a broken beaten man, Lois wallowing in misery. Then you bring in the evil deus ex machina, H.G.Wells.

Somehow I'm resurrected and things devolve into all that yucky stuff (oh wait... I think that we can let that pass this time)

But then... You show your true colors. The depth of your evil knows no bounds. Children? The ultimate horror. A wham so nasty and vile that I would never even consider inflicting it on another individual.

Well, what can I say. The idea of having to make love to Lois is not a bad thing. In fact, it might even be quite pleasant. But children? I can't believe you would do that to me. I think I'll have to get that kryptonite from Star Labs after all.

Tank (who says, at least, there is still hope of convincing Lois to cut her hair)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

This is great and very funny. goofy

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Roger
wonderful and funny
merry

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here I am back commenting on the "final" chapter of Tank's birthday fic. Hope you were all satisfied with this "happy" ending! I couldn't just let Tank die and leave it at that.

This idea first occurred to me in the shower shortly after reading Tank's epilogue to my epilogue to his epilogue. The idea just started growing and growing and growing until I couldn't resist the idea of writing this.

I swore to myself I'd never, never write a story with H.G. Wells in it, but I guess you never say never. He just fit far too well for this solution to the problem. Clark was devastated; Lois was devastated; Tank was dead. I couldn't just let that stand. There had to be more yucky stuff, followed by a happily ever after. Can't let a Wendyfic end on a WHAM, could I?

But naturally, things just can't be simple. I've said over and over again on IRC that I despise when Wells just swoops in and fixes everything (the deus ex machina) without any pain or sacrifice on the part of L&C. So, of course, things are never as they seem.

One funny thing about this is that my original solution to this problem was even more far-fetched and outrageous. I wanted to play on the "fact" that Tempus was always out to destroy Utopia in every timeline. Tank's nickname out of college almost became Tempus, because he was always late for everything. So in effect, Tempus would end up creating Utopia in this world. But the thought of pairing Tempus up with Lois would probably have gotten me in serious trouble with Elena, so I ditched that idea and just stuck with my "simple" solution. wink Of course, Tempus could have fixed that by exclaiming at some point, "Lois Elena Wilson!" but that's another story. smile

KathyB wrote:
Roger, I am in awe of your brilliance. Totally, completely in awe.
I have to say, Kathy, that you do wonders for my ego. blush (/me blushes)

KathyB also wrote:
And it totally explains why "Clark" could be so evil in his quest to win Lois. ROTFL!!
Sure does. And it explains why Lois would fall for Tank instead of Clark. I simply love these twists. You can't fight destiny, after all.

Yvonne wrote:
WHAT'S HIS ADDRESS?????
Uh, I've been told by a little bird that he lives in Greenwich. smile

KathyM wrote:
And truly, I think this is the ultimate revenge...the fact that they have to have children, Lois' hair back to its proper length, Tank running around in tights saving the world...
Revenge? I thought this would make Tank happy. evil

KathyM also wrote:
Kathy (who at this moment is trying to imagine Tempus solemnly pronouncing "Tank Wilson is Superman". Just doesn't have quite the same ring to it...know what I mean?)
I tried to picture this but just ended up ROTFLMAO! evil

Thanks to all who read this story. And thanks to KathyB, Yvonne, KathyM, Wendy, Jose, Tank, Tricia, and Merry for their comments.

And thanks again to Wendy for allowing me to participate in her fic.

P.S. I'm wondering if anyone caught my homage to "The Music Man" with this line:

...so it wouldn't hurt to find out what the gentleman wanted.
To which the response would be, "I know what the gentleman wanted. You'll find it in Balzac."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard