Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My apologies for the lag in responding to FDK. I'm trying to keep my 5 part cushion. If it falls below that then I'll have to delay posting. smile1

KatherineKent: Thanks for reading.
Arrrgh. Clark tried soooo hard tell her and she just kept steam-rollering over him.
Well, do remember that she's still a bit ticked off on the whole keeping his secret from her, and flirting with her under two personas, and all. She is being a little passive-aggressive here, because... well, she does like to be on top.

But, awww, how sweet he couldn't actually break up with her. I love Clark. (oops did I say that out loud, don't tell my husband).
Yes, I too am more of a Clark fan (LnC Clark, that is) than Superman, so sometimes I dip him in chocolate and make him the perfect man.

Please, please, please get them back together soon!
help Spoiler police will not let me comment. Sorry.

Laura: I understand the frustration due to the curse, but do keep in mind that Lois doesn't know about Clark's belief in this old magic.

Kismatt: 4:30am? Another night owl. wave I'd be up writing all night, if the world wasn't run by morning people.

All I'm gonna say it....this is like a train wreck. You know you're going to see something terrible, but you just....can't....stop.....watching.....
I don't know, I thought this part was kinda sweet and romantic until we got to the end... but then so was the Titanic (to jump ship from your train analogy). wink

Story One: Lead up to train wreck
Story Two: Actual train wreck
Story Three: Fix everything stemming from train wreck
Hmmmm. I think all these three "stories" are included in Book 2. Or are you referring to something else entirely? I guarantee you that this storyline will be completed within this book. Book 3 will be an entirely different train wreck. evil

I dunno if I'm gonna *make* it to the fixing part. Yikes.
You're always welcome to take breaks and come back. I am writing as fast as I can. peep Hmmmm. Maybe I should start stretching those running muscles.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thank you. smile1

I wish she had. Then we could be sure the curse was gone. On the other hand, this story might also be a lot shorter if she had remembered it was his birthday then.
You mean, because Lois would have died? hyper Also, she might break out the big box before we reach the end of the story.

Or that much resolve to not be with Clark in that way once she had experienced it. OK, maybe she has that much resolve. The emotional weight on both of them would be horrendous.
And on the Readers.

At least he managed to thank her. For a bit I was afraid he would lead into his rejecting her speech.
What? He already told her he couldn't go through with it. Okay, he didn't explain what he meant by that, but still.

I love her teasing him with him not knowing she knows the secret.
LOIS: This is his punishment.

I hope she does not have so much fun she decides to keep it that way indefinately.
LOIS: Why would I do that? It's too exhausting keeping up this facade. I don't know how he does it. Oh, right, invulnerable.

You really are drawing up the ambiguity about what happened at the hospital as much as possible.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --
One thing is for sure, Lois and Clark are a lot closer here than they ever were in canon season 1.
This Clark had different motivation and different fears than canon Clark.

I think the kiss count meter is officially broken. As it is Lois has kissed Superman more in this version of ASU than in the original. She has kissed Clark more than in season 1 and 2 combined. Actualy, we have come close to equalling the number of total kisses ever shown in the whole show.
LOIS: Oh, should we slow down?

Clark:We did plenty of kissing at the beggining of the month.

Lois:True, but then you decided I didn't really mean it.

Clark:Sorry I brought that up.

Lois:Well, I might forgive you, if this time you believe I mean it.
CLARK: So, I'm still the lunkhead.

LOIS: Always, Chuck. My sweet, adorable Lunkhead.

Oh, I was so hoping he would go for the possible meaning here.
Clark's not really thinking with his head at the moment.

Lois:This would be so much fun if I was not about to brake up with him for his own good.
So, the next time I have them make-out like this, no break-up. Got it! thumbsup

I so hope he interprets this as meaning something else.
My, oh, my. My readers want Clark to rip off Lois's clothes. blush And that's not what Lois was implying at all.

LOIS: It wasn't?

Sometimes characters grow a life of their own.

I was going to wonder if this might give away that she knows. However since she did not know when she bought the pen, I doubt it.
What do you get that new boyfriend, who nobody knows is your boyfriend, who is also your partner at work, which he could tell Perry and Jimmy about?

<<dance>> more kissing. We have exceeded Season 1 canon kisses in just this part. I just went and learned we are in a new story arc, that is evidently about to finish. That is inpressive that you cut ASU into two story arcs. Although this is technically later than anything in ASU.
This story arc isn't really about ASU (the asteroid in the sky ASU). This story arc is more about Lois learning CK's secret and deciding what to do with that knowledge.

She really is dead set on breaking up with him for his own good.
No. She's dead set on finding the man who's trying to kill Clark, and she doesn't care what she does to find that person who tried to kill the man whom she loves. The end forgive the means. We'll have to see if they do.

Clark:I would never invade Lois' privacy like that.

Lois:So you have never looked at me through a wall.

Clark:Well, OK, maybe once, but I really try not to.

Lois:So you would do that.

Clark:Not any more.
Actually both canon and this Clark did look through walls to check on Lois, and often. How long after they checked on her, did they stop watching is the difference between canon and alt-Clark.

“Not that I ever need something to remind me of you.”
<<smile>> I just love this line.
Thank you. laugh

Lois:Even before your most recent trip to space.

Clark:What?

Lois:I mean, even before your most recent experience of spacing out and forgetting things.
clap

Smart move. Although I have to say maintaining the claim that she does not know the Secret is getting harder and harder.
CLARK: Well, if she's not going to listen to reason...

Sort of like she was not absolutely sure CK=SM when she was talking to Perry.
Perhaps.

Cat:Now I definately do not feel sorry for Lois at all.
clap That's the problem.

No wonder she didn't realize there was anything wrong with him. Although maybe she should have been more shokced his fear of intimacy was gone.
It could have been one of those 'hey, I almost died, I need to live life to the fullest' moments.

The curse has no meaning.
Or Clark has a healthy fantasy life.

Lois you were supposed to say "let's do it again". Hmm, maybe I should not be rooting for them to make love, but it seems so much better than the other option, Clark having despiar. OK, I see why Lois does not say that, but still.
Yes, you may have been cheering the home team's victory when there was still a quarter left to play.

So Lois can lie and he will not know the difference.
cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --
I guess I knew Clark would not be freed from the fear of the curse this soon. Still, I do worry if he ever can be freed from the curse unless he has been already.
Yes, at least canon Clark wasn't left dwelling upon it. Maybe that's why Herb waited until the last minute to tell them about it.

There must be more than we have been told.
Gfic. Specific detail don't get mentioned. Plus, it could have been a good dream.

This is an overly specific attempt to pretend she does not know what recently happened.
LOIS: cool

so far I believe her.
She's not lying.

I have to say this is very moving writting. Oh how I wish Clark did not have to go through this. I am still hoping Lois is lieing though.
Thank you. But one has to have one's hope crash before they can rise up again.

Impetuous, daring Lois? I can so see her doing that.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Which is why she was trying to get Superman to ravish her the same day they met.
LOIS: I was most certainly not! Although, if he had been game...

I am mostly convinced that she told the truth. Of, I really, really, really want her to have lied. It will make the story flow better later on. I can also see her having lied. She is mad at him deep down, and not ready to make love with him again. However, I am not sure she is really that mean spirited. So I am mostly convinced they did not make love in the hospital, but still think it might have happened.
clap Exactly!

The second time doesn't really count. He very, very much initiated the kiss.
She kissed him back. Of course, she knew CK=SM at that point, so....

Well, he probably has no suspicion that she knows The Secet. He may even be a little miffed when he learns that she knew The Secret at this point.

Lois:Serves him right. He will feel a little, just a little, of what I felt.
dizzy

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Sorry about the delay in responding. Thanks for the long FDK. hyper
Well Clark, considering your decision last time to break up with her on your birthday we'll have to see how this turns out.
Better and worse than expected, I think.

The day he celebrates his birth regardless of his "real" birthday is still a time to celebrate. I'd sing about unbirthdays but don't feel it makes sense here as March 1st IS his birthday, just not on this particular Earth.
Technically, February 28th. March 1, he's having dinner with Cat. wink

Lois: *needleneedle*
clap

*waggles eyebrows* I love that they have these little in-jokes between them. The mark of a good relationship. Or would be if they weren't so darn lunkheaded. The BOTH of them.
Thank you.

He's seriously trying to figure out whether he can make love to her right then and there or break up with her.
Yes, on the former, but he's already decided against the latter.

I almost wonder if the canon-Lois either a) told him about her time as UltraWoman or b) he saw Canon Lois's costume in among the spare ones (as I suspect he DID need to change them like the Canon Clark does.) Also, (assuming he did not see the costume) I wonder what he thought his Lois's costume looked like.
No, this Clark doesn't know about that. evil

I wonder what Lois thinks of that. It is kind of endearing.
She likes it.

I really wonder what Lois would think if she had realized that it might have been the last situation where she would have had free reign to make love to him without him worrying about a possible "curse."
That's a good question. Will Lois believe in the curse, should Clark get around to telling her about it?

Aaaand right about now I'm wishing you'd make an nfic version of this scene so we could hear Clark telling her what he had fantasized happened.
Oh, sorry. I'm trying to keep it all Gfic, but I might have to break that wall later on, should Clark get convinced that he's safe from the curse.

And again why I'd love to read the nfic version.
LOIS: Hello? Some things are private! Go on, Clark. laugh

Aaaaaaand breakup time.
Well, that would be bad, if Clark would break up with her because they DIDN'T have sex.

They're both on the same wavelength for once, I guess. Too bad it's in something that will damage their own relationship.
Maybe Clark's not as invulnerable as he thought.

Um, Clark? Wasn't that what you had been about to do?
Exactly!

*shouting* Clark, LISTEN to that. The RUSE part!!!! It's important!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
CLARK: Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I had fluff in my ear. What's that?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Either way I am convinced the curse does not apply, so I wish she would just let Clark think they made love.
But wouldn't it be worst for him to think that they made love, but that they're taking this break until they find the man out to kill Clark? (if we brush the whole curse element aside, since Lois doesn't know anything about that.)
I guess it does make sense from Lois' perspective. Which is why Clark should tell her what really is his hang-up. Although, I guess it is not easy to explain.

I like this added detail. It makes stories so much fuller to have names of characters.
Thank you. It's also what makes this one of the longest stories on the boards.
I guess at the same time it is easier to name drop in writting. You can just tell us the names, in TV lots of characters never get names.

Did she accept this
Lois never turns down a byline.
I guess if she did we would suspect a clone.

I must say that Lois is being nicer to Clark, during this hard time, is due to your influence. I had planned to be much more cruel. smile1
different for sure, "more fun", I don't know. Still really, how would Clark have gotten in regular dates with Lois if he has to constantly run off on her to do rescues?

You mean, because Lois would have died? hyper Also, she might break out the big box before we reach the end of the story.
I was half afraid you would say she would never break out the big box and you would leave us in limbo on what it was.

At least he managed to thank her. For a bit I was afraid he would lead into his rejecting her speech.
What? He already told her he couldn't go through with it. Okay, he didn't explain what he meant by that, but still.
People some times start "I can't do this" and still do it anyway.

I love her teasing him with him not knowing she knows the secret.
LOIS: This is his punishment.
I just hope she does not keep him in the dark as long as he kept her in the dark.

I hope she does not have so much fun she decides to keep it that way indefinately.
LOIS: Why would I do that? It's too exhausting keeping up this facade. I don't know how he does it. Oh, right, invulnerable.
clap

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: Oh, should we slow down?
No, no keep it up.

Lois:This would be so much fun if I was not about to brake up with him for his own good.
So, the next time I have them make-out like this, no break-up. Got it! thumbsup
I think you have reached the brake-up quota for this story.

I so hope he interprets this as meaning something else.
My, oh, my. My readers want Clark to rip off Lois's clothes. blush And that's not what Lois was implying at all.
Well he could have just started until she pointed out that was not what she meant.

I was going to wonder if this might give away that she knows. However since she did not know when she bought the pen, I doubt it.
What do you get that new boyfriend, who nobody knows is your boyfriend, who is also your partner at work, which he could tell Perry and Jimmy about?
I'm guessing the big box is something she does not want CK telling Perry and Jimmy about.

This story arc isn't really about ASU (the asteroid in the sky ASU). This story arc is more about Lois learning CK's secret and deciding what to do with that knowledge.
True, but it did involve Clark pushing the astroid.

No. She's dead set on finding the man who's trying to kill Clark, and she doesn't care what she does to find that person who tried to kill the man whom she loves. The end forgive the means. We'll have to see if they do.
I think Clark will forgive her no matter what. Whether the means actually reach the end is another question entirely. Although I should not doubt Lois' ability to get the Boss. ALthough, maybe she will realize it takes more than one person, even if that one person is Lois Lane.

Actually both canon and this Clark did look through walls to check on Lois, and often. How long after they checked on her, did they stop watching is the difference between canon and alt-Clark.
The main image from this story that comes to mind is Clark looking at Lois when he was in the shower, or at least I think I have the direction right. I am not remembering when Clark looked through walls to find Lois, unless it was at the end of the episode with the invisible man.

Lois:Even before your most recent trip to space.

Clark:What?

Lois:I mean, even before your most recent experience of spacing out and forgetting things.
clap
You know, I think Lois would actually manage to back out of that reveal.

Actually, Lana only made Clark float twice. After she first kissed his cheek on prom night. And the first time they made love.
I was thinking about the later case with these lines.

Why doesn;t he just trust his gut feeling and move forward?
CLARK: Because Lois could die.
I guess I can't really argue with that, except to say it does not make any sense for the curse to apply to two people from different dimensions.

CLARK: I need to know if we had sex and you didn't die.

LOIS: What? Having sex with you will kill me?

CLARK: It might.

LOIS: And you're just bringing this up now? After all the times we've discussed becoming all the way intimate.

CLARK: Well, I didn't really know during all of those times.

LOIS: Oh, so you've killed some other woman while being intimate with her?

CLARK: No! Just you.

LOIS: eek

CLARK: But I stopped it! So, did we have sex?

LOIS: dizzy
Actually his level of believing Herb would lead him to this conclusion.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Catching up, slowly. Thank you for your continued patience. laugh
Trying to curry favor so she will be…favorably disposed to him later on tonight?
Feeling guilty for kissing her in the suit and making her think that they were in a love triangle.

<<Victoria Secret>>
Possibly. cool

Service Lex in ways that go beyond what Mrs. Cox does for him?
LOIS: I won't cross that line for a story! Because I'll get paid for that story and that would make me a prostitute and I'll never hear the end of it from Cat. Thank you, no!

The first one seems calculating, the second one, though <<Michael likey>>
She's trying to be kind. That part of her is a bit rusty.

RALPH: Darn, I knew I should have helped out with watching Kent’s place.
RALPH: hyper About time!

EW: I was just joking.

CAT: whinging That wasn't funny.

LOIS: Yes, it was. <<said in hindsight>>

CLARK: <<help>>
Hmmmm. Another believer in Clark's sporadic hearing.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up, slowly. Thank you for your continued patience.
blush /hopes she still remembers me/

LOIS: I won't cross that line for a story! Because I'll get paid for that story and that would make me a prostitute and I'll never hear the end of it from Cat. Thank you, no!
[Linked Image] Then what about all the other women (or men) who sleep during their line of duty. Like certain society reporters. Or some under-the-covers agent who begins a relationship with the subject of said investigation in order to get close and retrieve information and/or copious amounts of life-force?

She's trying to be kind. That part of her is a bit rusty.
Ellen must be so proud.
ELLEN: [Linked Image]

quote: <<Michael weaps over ungiven gifts>>

Just not now, not never.
That will be awkward when Clark runs away from her when she’s gift-wrapped.

I'm now in a very intimate relationship with a man, I can't by myself a little something he'll enjoy too?
/blames shortterm-memory/

CLARK: Lois! You got me a naked lady! <<takes off her clothes>> Just what I always wanted.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: drool Did you say frogs?
CLARK: No. Never mind. Where were we?
LOIS: But now I'm hungry.

/taps head, listening for loose junk rattling about/
I'd suggest Ginkgo but apparently it has other properties that make you not care about not remembering... or well, distract you from remembering that you forgot.

Well, I still need to work on FDK 103 sometime. And then catch up on 104 - 110. Oh my...
Oh, sorry, was I supposed to wait for you? blush My bad. Well, I left off on a nice cliffy. I'm sure the other Readers won't mind too much. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Ooops. Sorry. Missed one. blush
I guess it does make sense from Lois' perspective. Which is why Clark should tell her what really is his hang-up. Although, I guess it is not easy to explain.
I'm sorry. Have you met Clark?

I guess at the same time it is easier to name drop in writting. You can just tell us the names, in TV lots of characters never get names.
Yep.

I guess if she did we would suspect a clone.
CLOIS: Oh, I accept them too. That way, less work for me to do.

Well true, but if Lois' POV was actually liking Luthor, or still trusting him.
Nah, it's easier to write from the POV of a psychopath than from one who really likes Luthor. My apologies to Mrs. Luthor.

different for sure, "more fun", I don't know. Still really, how would Clark have gotten in regular dates with Lois if he has to constantly run off on her to do rescues?
Perhaps, he'd realize it's someone else's job to get the brats to clean up their graffiti.

No, because they woukld have resolved things faster and sooner.
Oh, where's the fun in that?

I was half afraid you would say she would never break out the big box and you would leave us in limbo on what it was.
Really, not that difficult to guess.
CLARK: Towels? Awww. Lois, you shouldn't have. <<looks closer>> Why are they all hand towels?
LOIS: Are they? [Linked Image]

People some times start "I can't do this" and still do it anyway.
No, he really couldn't. It's his super power. Loving Lois. Um... along with all those other ones he carries around with him.

CLARK: The super strength really helps with all the heavy lifting.

I just hope she does not keep him in the dark as long as he kept her in the dark.
Forever? Um... oh, let's see May 93 - Feb. 94...9 months? Uh... [Linked Image]

I think you have reached the brake-up quota for this story.
But I thought that was the rule for a boy meets girl story. They have to break up at least thrice.

MARTHA: 5 times.

JONATHAN: I say, 3 times. Max.

Well he could have just started until she pointed out that was not what she meant.
Soooooo, the next morning during breakfast?

I'm guessing the big box is something she does not want CK telling Perry and Jimmy about.
[Linked Image]

I think Clark will forgive her no matter what. Whether the means actually reach the end is another question entirely. Although I should not doubt Lois' ability to get the Boss. ALthough, maybe she will realize it takes more than one person, even if that one person is Lois Lane.
Maybe she will, or maybe she'll die trying to do it on her own.

CLARK: <<covers face>> Don't say that! Don't even think it!

The main image from this story that comes to mind is Clark looking at Lois when he was in the shower, or at least I think I have the direction right. I am not remembering when Clark looked through walls to find Lois, unless it was at the end of the episode with the invisible man.
His loss. That would have saved him a lot of headaches.
CLARK: But... but... it's quicker to bust down a wall.

I guess I can't really argue with that, except to say it does not make any sense for the curse to apply to two people from different dimensions.
Well, a curse "for all time" might confuse time and space-time.

Actually his level of believing Herb would lead him to this conclusion.
[Linked Image] Discussing the curse isn't as easy as it sounds. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's easier to remember you when you stop to de-lurk.
/extends hand/ Hi, I’m Michael.

LOIS: Tramps, all of them. Give me their names and I'll write 'em up.

CAT: Excuse me, but who is the gossip columnist around here?
laugh

Yours or Clark's?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/extends hand/ Hi, I’m Michael.
WC READERS' SUPPORT GROUP: Hi Michael! Welcome.

It was in CC Aiken’s In a Better Place, where jokes by the museum-hired actresses about them being Lois’s clone where strictly forbidden. If you want, I can post the excerpt of the section. It’s not too spoilery, I think.
EW /adds another title to her ever-growing list of LnC stories she really should read. / Hey! Free donuts! drool

/wonders about broad ginko-leaf-shaped hint.
You'll discover the source of the hint when you start to catch up on other writer's WIPs. laugh

/wonders about witness protection/ Since Lois in Second Honeymoon isn’t using it…
Yes, we should be getting into Third Honeymoon by now, shouldn't we?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW /adds another title to her ever-growing list of LnC stories she really should read. / Hey! Free donuts!
Oh dear, did I distract EW again?

You'll discover the source of the hint when you start to catch up on other writer's WIPs.
[Linked Image]

Yes, we should be getting into Third Honeymoon by now, shouldn't we?
We should.
Sue’s Lois: You bet we should. /lifts Clark’s Hawaian skirt/ Sadly, he’s acting like I’m wearing a blue Kryptonite necklace.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear, did I distract EW again?
But shiny is so pretty. laugh

We should.
Sue’s Lois: You bet we should. /lifts Clark’s Hawaian skirt/ Sadly, he’s acting like I’m wearing a blue Kryptonite necklace.
Is that the one where it makes Clark want to talk to Glenn in travel more than Lois?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is that the one where it makes Clark want to talk to Glenn in travel more than Lois?
help You mean ‘Gay Clark’?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
help You mean ‘Gay Clark’?
CLARK: I prefer the term "metrosexual".

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, metrosexual men claim to prefer women. In a way, they’re like Batman.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, metrosexual men claim to prefer women. In a way, they’re like Batman.
BATMAN: But I *do* like women! Have you met my new sidekick: Robin?

SUPERMAN: Isn't that a girl's name?

ROBIN: That isn't very nice. Bruce, I thought you said he was your nice friend?

SUPERMAN: Bruce, huh?

ROBIN: Oh, wait, I thought you said you knew his secret identity?

BATMAN: *HIS*. He doesn't... didn't know mine! This is why Batman should always work alone.

ROBIN: grumble And here I thought I was brought in because Batman can't get himself out of the Joker's cotton candy machine by himself.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROBIN: [Grumble] And here I thought I was brought in because Batman can't get himself out of the Joker's cotton candy machine by himself.
wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard