Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94196 04/01/13 11:09 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N - All right; this was a feeble attempt at an April Fools' prank. It probably wasn't very good, and for that, I do apologize. Still, I hope everyone had a happy April 1st. smile

Clark flopped onto the sofa, swinging his feet onto the coffee table as he reached for the remote. It had been a long day of rescues, and he'd been sure that he'd never stop smelling the stench of smoke and charred flesh. Now, though, a scent of perfectly-cooking turkey wafted up from the kitchen, and he sighed contentedly as he settled into the cushions, anticipating another mouth-watering masterpiece of a dinner. Married life was good, he reflected.

As if on cue, his wife came and sat beside him, putting her arms around his neck. "Hey, Honeybun," she said. "How'd it go?"

He turned to kiss her. "Not as bad as it could have gone," he said. "Everyone got out alive, at least. That's the important thing."

She shook her head, frowning as she ran a finger over the soot and grime on his suit. "You know how much we wish you'd give this up," she told him.

"I know," he said. "But I...it's just something I have to..."

"We know," she said, giving him a sad little smile. She stood. "Go wash up and get changed," she said. "Mayson will be home any minute, and then we can eat."

It took him less than a minute to shower and change into clean clothes. He resumed his place on the sofa, and was flipping through the channels when the door swung open. "Clark! Lana! I'm home!"

He shut off the TV. "Hi, honey!" he said as his other wife hung up her coat. "How was work?"

"Eh," she said, leaning in for a quick kiss. "It's the same thing: all the signs point to Lois Luthor being The Boss, but she, of course, swears that she's innocent. And, of course, there's nothing we can actually take to court, unless we want to get chewed up and spit out by her husband's lawyers."

Clark winced sympathetically. "Well, let's all go have dinner, and then maybe we can think of something together--" He was cut off by the sound of screeching tires in his driveway. He looked through the wall, and his eyebrows rose into his hair as he saw a beautiful brunette climb out of a still-running Mercedes and march, fuming, up to his front door...

TBCAF

~•~
#94197 04/03/13 01:24 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Edit:
Lovable - Bob's Semi-authorized extension - moved to separate thread to try to avoid confusion.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard