Page 1 of 2 1 2
#94016 03/24/13 04:36 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
rotflol rotflol

I didn't recognize the first universe -- I'm guessing it's Smallville, which I had never been able to get into. The other two, however, were definitely familiar.

A delightful idea well executed. And a solid contender for next year's Super Short and Comedy Kerth awards categories.

Joy,
Lynn

#94017 03/24/13 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Now I kinda want to see the parts where they fix these universes. smile

...And by "kinda" I mean "really". Please post? grovel

~•~
#94018 03/24/13 07:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loved it. What a great idea.

And yep the first one was Smallville. Clark took far too long to get over Lana (although the necklace only stuck around for a short while - with a couple of one off recurances later on) and took too long to see what was in front of him in Lois. Yup - Lunkhead.

How come all Clarks are Lunkheads (as well as being gorgeous, sexy, wonderful men)? Even THIS Lois's Clark was a Lunkhead - she just seems to have conveniently forgotten as she's now blissfully happy with him.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#94019 03/24/13 08:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, the first one was Smallville. Glad you like this. laugh Thank you so much for your feedback.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#94020 03/24/13 09:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
These were great! thumbsup
Bob

#94021 03/24/13 09:25 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

“I’m beat”, Lois sighed, as she sank down onto the seat of the time-machine.
Ooooh! Timetravel! /pops in BttF soundtrack/

This had already been a long day, and there was no telling when H.G. Wells would consider this mission to be complete.
Once all Tempuses are back in their boxes.
[img]https://jasonbhuffman.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/whack-a-mole.jpg?w=300&h=231[/img]

“But there were slight changes that I wasn’t able to explain. It was just a tad bit darker than it used to be.
Maybe Lois got a bit more ticked off during each trip, so trying to fix it just made it worse?

“But I just don’t see why we should help all those tremendous lunkheads out there.
Looo-issssss… They’re Lois and Clarks, just like you two.

I didn’t know how lucky I am that *my* Clark is just a regular sized one.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#94022 03/24/13 12:38 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I loved this so much! I almost wonder what Wells would have done with the "Injustice" universe that is being set up. When you talk about the balance of things and how things are darker I almost expected that one to pop up (and if you don't know which one I'm talking about that's ok too.) I almost expect the Tempus from our uni to disappear into that one in bliss.

Edit: Darth, the pre-52 universe "doesn't exist" according to DC. IOW, it was wiped out of existence with the creation of the Flashpoint universe. I'm guessing another one in the "darker" column.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#94023 03/24/13 01:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#94024 03/24/13 01:54 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Aha!

These are Superman movies. smile1

Very well done closing sentence. I didn't see it coming until the end.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#94025 03/24/13 04:05 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, it isn't April yet, but looking out of my window, I'm not quite sure if it's even March. More like January, if you ask me.
Not to brag, but it's a lot like April here... clap Loved it! I assumed the first one was Smallville as wel, but I liked them all the same. laugh Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#94026 03/24/13 04:09 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Very clever way to tie in all the versions of Superman.

Joan

#94027 03/24/13 05:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm one of these people who watched "Superman Returns" BEFORE becoming addicting to LnC, so as a member of that general mass, I'm with bakasi here. Any relationship to Superman II was totally invisible to me. Even subsiquently learning this hasn't made that movie any better or make any more sense. It was just plain horrible.
I do have a liking for the airplane rescue scene in "Superman Returns", however. That was pretty cool. Plus, there's something about the John Williams music that really does it for me.

#94028 03/25/13 05:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I'm one of these people who watched "Superman Returns" BEFORE becoming addicting to LnC, so as a member of that general mass, I'm with bakasi here. Any relationship to Superman II was totally invisible to me. Even subsiquently learning this hasn't made that movie any better or make any more sense. It was just plain horrible.
I do have a liking for the airplane rescue scene in "Superman Returns", however. That was pretty cool. Plus, there's something about the John Williams music that really does it for me.
Agreed. I too, despite its gaping plot holes, liked Superman Returns. And in all honesty I like all the Superman movies (even if numbers 3 and 4 are just for laughs) :p

And Iolanthe, if you like John Williams, you'll like this (I know I did!) hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#94029 03/25/13 11:15 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It took me a while to recognize the scenes from "Smallville" as I have only watched two shows and short clips from Smallville. One of the shows I watched was the finale, I know, that is cheating, but hey, it was fun.

The "Superman Returns" I recognized more from reading previous cross-over between LnC and Superman Returns.

I still have to shake my head at the memory wipe kiss. At least in LnC, it was not Clark who erased Lois' memory, although maybe he should have not hid the card she wrote. Although he didn't remember how it came to be, still it seemed odd he hid the card.

John Pack Lambert
#94030 03/26/13 07:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, so much feedback! hyper Thank you very much.

I almost wonder what Wells would have done with the "Injustice" universe that is being set up. When you talk about the balance of things and how things are darker I almost expected that one to pop up (and if you don't know which one I'm talking about that's ok too.)
I've really got no idea what you talking about, but then I don't know the superman comics, which pretty much explains everything. It sounds interesting thogh. Considering Superman I always liked LnC best. Everything else kind of paled in comparison. I watched Smallville till Season 6, but it never got me quite as hooked. There are a couple of episodes that I like very much and some aspects of the show are interesting. But it didn't have the atmosphere of LnC.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#94031 03/26/13 11:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by bakasi:
I watched Smallville till Season 6, but it never got me quite as hooked. There are a couple of episodes that I like very much and some aspects of the show are interesting. But it didn't have the atmosphere of LnC.
That's cause you gave up 1 season too soon. wink Miss out Season 7 then start at Season 8 and you've got Smallville's version of LnC. Granted it's still more 'teen' and 'comic universe' but it's Lois and Clark working opposite at the DP for 3 seasons.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#94032 03/26/13 03:14 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
[b] I watched Smallville till Season 6, but it never got me quite as hooked. There are a couple of episodes that I like very much and some aspects of the show are interesting. But it didn't have the atmosphere of LnC.
That's cause you gave up 1 season too soon. wink Miss out Season 7 then start at Season 8 and you've got Smallville's version of LnC. Granted it's still more 'teen' and 'comic universe' but it's Lois and Clark working opposite at the DP for 3 seasons. [/b]
rotflol so the show is OK is you start with Season 8. Hmm, interesting.

John Pack Lambert
#94033 03/26/13 04:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
[b]
[b] I watched Smallville till Season 6, but it never got me quite as hooked. There are a couple of episodes that I like very much and some aspects of the show are interesting. But it didn't have the atmosphere of LnC.
That's cause you gave up 1 season too soon. wink Miss out Season 7 then start at Season 8 and you've got Smallville's version of LnC. Granted it's still more 'teen' and 'comic universe' but it's Lois and Clark working opposite at the DP for 3 seasons. [/b]
rotflol so the show is OK is you start with Season 8. Hmm, interesting. [/b]
This is VERY true. Seasons 8 through 10 are really the Lois and Clark seasons. Consequetly, these are by far the best seasons of Smallville. Lana does do a return for much of the last half of Season 8, so you might want to skip many of those episodes. But 9 and 10 are Lana-free. smile

Bob

#94034 03/27/13 11:46 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Smallville never did anything for me. (Sigh) Tom Welling is cute and all, but the story were a little too tepid for my taste. Sorry Smallville fans!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#94035 04/14/13 01:27 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I loved your story, bakasi. Great line at the end - very Lois, and also representative of the feelings (frustrations?) of many Superman fans.

Corrina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard