Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
let's see I just finished 100 and will post 95 Tuesday night...
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
It's supposed to be creepy (at least in my story). I don't know which emotion they were going for in canon. Romantic? razz Doubtful. Lex's idea of romance? huh
Of course it's supposed to be creepy - I just feel paranoid on behalf of the characters. smile As for cannon, they kind of swept the creepiness under the rug and showed it as some great romantic gesture. Lois didn't even seem to wonder how Lex knew what her apartment looked like so exactly, and they never brought it up again. I guess it worked in the context of the episode, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just odd.

Lois isn't Lex's enemy, Superman is. Lois is merely a means to an end... a tool, mind you. It doesn't make her any safer, true, but he's more interested in tricking her away from Superman than trapping her, which he'll only do as a last resort. Of course, the end of the world *could* be considered the last resort...
I agree that Lois isn't Lex's enemy, but I would consider Lex to be Lois's enemy, even if she's not fully aware of it. He's been plotting her murder for months, hasn't he? If she knew how dangerous he was (and she has some inkling), she shouldn't have accepted drinks or dessert, but you know Lois. Always in denial about these sorts of things. I guess my point is that I cringe on her behalf and want her to be more careful because from the reader's point of view, Lex is the obvious bad guy, and he wouldn't think twice about drugging her.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Of course it's supposed to be creepy - I just feel paranoid on behalf of the characters. smile As for cannon, they kind of swept the creepiness under the rug and showed it as some great romantic gesture. Lois didn't even seem to wonder how Lex knew what her apartment looked like so exactly, and they never brought it up again. I guess it worked in the context of the episode, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just odd.
Selective memory. It's something that happens to characters in television shows.

I agree that Lois isn't Lex's enemy, but I would consider Lex to be Lois's enemy, even if she's not fully aware of it. He's been plotting her murder for months, hasn't he?
LEX: I'm not her enemy. I love Lois. If I didn't have to kill her to crush Superman, I wouldn't. Which is why my whole Superman dies in space, Lois moves into my bunker, is such a great plan. Not as satisfying as killing Superman with my own bare hands, or crushing his soul, but definitely a good runner up for 3rd place.

If she knew how dangerous he was (and she has some inkling), she shouldn't have accepted drinks or dessert, but you know Lois. Always in denial about these sorts of things. I guess my point is that I cringe on her behalf and want her to be more careful because from the reader's point of view, Lex is the obvious bad guy, and he wouldn't think twice about drugging her.
LEX: Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
LEX: Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.
LOL!

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<<party>> Happy centennial! <<party>>
blush Oh, thanks. I feel like a rambling fool at the moment. If I can't get Clark to behave, you might end up with your 200 parts (just joking... this story *so* will not be that long).

CLARK: <realizes why all his previous girlfriends took off during the first date> What?! Ralph's is a bad chain?...
laugh

LEX: *NIGEL!* I told you only single girls *without* children. Make that go away.
NIGEL: <<aims Lois at Lex>> Sir, this bile looks flu related. Are you sure?

She’s a baaad girl.
"Cat = bad" surprises you?

LOIS: And if you get lucky, Clark will even rub your stomach for you.
JIMMY: I'm better! I'm better!

He’s really lost a couple of IQ points when he met that rock head on, huh?
Life experience points.

So, Spiderman and MJ are out, too, huh?
LOIS: I have no problem with Clark reading comics, as long as he doesn't do it while in bed.

Comma goblin?
Possibly. But I am a recovering Comma slut. I like to put them everywhere! But I'm told that this is very bad, and I need to be better. laugh

On an unrelated note: My son was playing "Star Wars" at preschool today. He was Darth Vader, and his two buddies were a Storm Trooper and Luke. So, we asked him what his DV voice sounded like, and he was too embarrassed to tell us. So, my daughter tried to do her own DV voice, which came out sounding British with the words, "Luke, did you want to come around for a spot of tea?" rotflol Literally, for 5 minutes, I could not stop laughing.

Lex! Not in front of the children!
LEX: Do you think I care if this is Gfic or not! I'm Lex Luthor, I can do what... wildguy Okay, I'll be good.

EW: Lois watches Bond movies? I didn't expect that from DToSC

ER: Huh. Too long since I saw that one.
That's the one where they "aren't" talking the M-word and he (I think) imagines a Lucille Ball type show, and she imagines Clark as Bond and her as a nameless (left behind) Bond girl.

I’m actually thinking maybe Star Trek, the original series? Lois might even quip, “the original, not Next Generation”.
Nope. I just can't see Lois quoting ST. Sorry.

Kinda Need to be more carefully on the lookout for those nasty STOP signs.
Ooops? I tend to have them at the end of all my parts. At least with my stories there are fairly few "The End" signs. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
EW: Lois watches Bond movies? I didn't expect that from DToSC

ER: Huh. Too long since I saw that one.
That's the one where they "aren't" talking the M-word and he (I think) imagines a Lucille Ball type show, and she imagines Clark as Bond and her as a nameless (left behind) Bond girl.
It opens with Clark dreaming he is Ricky from "I Love Lucy". If I remember correctly the bond girl Lois is is named "Ms. Goodbottom", so she is not technically nameless, but definately just a hood ornament. Then Clark dreams a dragnet spoof.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If I can't get Clark to behave, you might end up with your 200 parts (just joking... this story *so* will not be that long).
help The end is nigh! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
It opens with Clark dreaming he is Ricky from "I Love Lucy". If I remember correctly the bond girl Lois is is named "Ms. Goodbottom", so she is not technically nameless, but definately just a hood ornament. Then Clark dreams a dragnet spoof.
Oh, so I guess she did have a name. Oooops. It's been a while since I watched that one. My viewing has been in S1 due to where my story is.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Didn’t you once say that about 100 parts, too? Back when it was 15 parts long?
[Linked Image] No, that was GEM, which ended up being like 37 part + an Epilogue and a 22-ish part sequel.

She does have a point there…
/clutches shiny point to chest/

Maybe Clark should hire on as a male nurse?
CAT: Oh! I don't feel so well. [Linked Image]

CLARK: But those girls are so nicely attributed!
LOIS: As long as they aren't more nicely attributed than I am!

LEX’s sons: *Thank you, Daddy*!
You do realize Lex's sons are more like in their 30s, right?

JAXXON: Just leave me some, when you're done, Pop!

LEX JR: Can I go first, please?

Martha’s the smart cookie. Lois was the sarcasm.
LOIS: /whispering to Clark/ What does he mean I'm sarcasm?

[Linked Image]
clap That's the one!

<<help>> The end is nigh! <<Michael goes in shock as he sees a flash from the future of EW finishing this story and starting on her next epic>>
Nigh? Hardly. Before fall, I hope, but probably closer to Christmas with my luck.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Maybe Clark should hire on as a male nurse?

CAT: Oh! I don't feel so well. <imitates 19th-century lady>
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: /hides some Wonder Woman issues/ No, honey.
CLARK: /notices other magazines under the mattress/ Honey? Who bought these Iron Man and Thor comics?

LOIS: Oh, those? <<grabs them>> Those are mine.

CLARK: Honey, you know that some of us are god-like without the use of a hammer? And aren't cocky billionaires, right?

LOIS: <<flipping through comics>> Uh-huh. Huh?

CLARK: <<aside>> At least, it wasn't Batman.

LOIS: <<shakes head>> He's too dark for me. I like my heroes light and fluffy.

CLARK: Fluffy?

LOIS: Not in that way. I meant like huggable like a stuffed animal toy.

LOIS: Anyway, I like smarts in my villains more than in my hero.

CLARK: Fluffy and dumb. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

LOIS: It just makes it more fun when I defeat them.

CLARK: You? laugh When *you* defeat them?

LOIS: <<opens robe to reveal a WW costume>> How about these attributes?

CLARK: *You're* jawdrop Wonder Woman?

LOIS: Again with the disbelief? Now, who's blind? Oh, and, *DUH!*

Ooooh! So you’re going to up the posting schedule to three parts again so you can finish till Christmas (35 weeks by 3 parts…)? Oh dear. I’ll have to work harder again at keeping up.
I can't write that fast and see my kids, so unfortunately not.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<snips awesomely funny little distraction> LOIS: Again with the disbelief? Now, who's blind? Oh, and, *DUH!*
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[b] CLARK: /hides some Wonder Woman issues/ No, honey.
CLARK: /notices other magazines under the mattress/ Honey? Who bought these Iron Man and Thor comics?

LOIS: Oh, those? <<grabs them>> Those are mine.

CLARK: Honey, you know that some of us are god-like without the use of a hammer? And aren't cocky billionaires, right?

LOIS: <<flipping through comics>> Uh-huh. Huh?

CLARK: <<aside>> At least, it wasn't Batman.

LOIS: <<shakes head>> He's too dark for me. I like my heroes light and fluffy.

LOIS: Not in that way. I meant like huggable like a stuffed animal toy.

LOIS: Anyway, I like smarts in my villains more than in my hero.

CLARK: Fluffy and dumb. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

LOIS: It just makes it more fun when I defeat them.

CLARK: You? laugh When *you* defeat them?

LOIS: <<opens robe to reveal a WW costume>> How about these attributes?

CLARK: *You're* jawdrop Wonder Woman?

LOIS: Again with the disbelief? Now, who's blind? Oh, and, *DUH!*

Ooooh! So you’re going to up the posting schedule to three parts again so you can finish till Christmas (35 weeks by 3 parts…)? Oh dear. I’ll have to work harder again at keeping up.
I can't write that fast and see my kids, so unfortunately not. [/b]
Someone should do a story where Lois is WW, and Clark does not realize it. This has so much fun potential.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Someone should do a story where Lois is WW, and Clark does not realize it. This has so much fun potential.
And so it has been done. Lois Lane is her Secret Identity Challenge

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And so it has been done. Lois Lane is her Secret Identity Challenge
Ah, *this* is where it got started. It’s always fun (and really scary) to see such similar plotting without any actual comparing of bunnies first. And that includes the twists and turns. Could it be that there's actually a LnC formula to which stories on this board adhere to?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, *this* is where it got started. It’s always fun (and really scary) to see such similar plotting without any actual comparing of bunnies first. And that includes the twists and turns. Could it be that there's actually a LnC formula to which stories on this board adhere to?
Let's see.... [Linked Image]

A-plot set-up
A-plot pushed aside to emphasize b-plot
Lois gets abducted / trapped / mad
B-plot hijinks
A-plot gets mentioned again
Clark shows he's a lunkhead
B-plot recovery
Tie up A-plot
Kissing, sex, or meaningful look between Lois and Clark

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A-plot set-up
B-plot hijinks
B-plot recovery
Tie up A-plot
OoooH! I’ve read this story. Many times. Title…Author… confused Wait, why is there only a single line in the answer field? /writes reeeealllly tiny/ First story on archive. Second story on archive. …

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A-plot set-up
B-plot hijinks
B-plot recovery
Tie up A-plot
OoooH! I’ve read this story. Many times. Title…Author… confused Wait, why is there only a single line in the answer field? /writes reeeealllly tiny/ First story on archive. Second story on archive. …

wave Michael
That's the one! clap

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard