Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93076 01/28/13 04:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Comments go here. smile This part is a bit on the short side, but it sets up a nice long chapter for next time. Thanks for reading.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#93077 01/28/13 07:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hee-hee. I love that scene with Bobby Big-Mouth. He's one of my favorite characters.

“Bobby, this is important,” she stated impatiently. “Have you heard anything about Clark?”

“Besides the fact that he’s in love with you?” he asked, still munching away.

“I’m sorry, what?” she sputtered.
clap

So, Lois and Mayson are going to search Clark's apartment. THAT should be fun. Can't wait!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#93078 01/29/13 05:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queen,

So far so good! clap

You're really putting Clark on the spot. rotflol

He's going to have a hard time explaining his way out of this one. wallbash lol

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#93079 01/29/13 04:30 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am a little surprised Lois did not call Martha and Jonathan. Well, OK it makes sense plot wise, since otherwise they would figure out soemthing to tell her because they know where Clark is, but it seems a little odd to me.

John Pack Lambert
#93080 02/10/13 08:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry that the new chapter is a few days late (it will be posted in a few minutes), but I do hope you will keep reading.

VirginiaR Thanks for your enthusiastic response. Bobby Bigmouth is a fun character to write, and I love having him tell Lois what she needs to hear even (if she doesn't truly realize it yet). As for Perry, I've always loved his fatherly relationship with his brilliant, but rebellious star reporter. He will definitely have something to say about all of this. Also, in the next part, Lois and Mayson will get to spend some quality time together as Lois works everyone into a "tizzy" (as you noted). Clark will definitely have his work cut out for him when he returns. Thanks for reading.

KenJ: Thanks for your feedback. The show always found convenient, if sometimes ridiculous, ways for Clark to be absent without really worrying anyone (with the exception of TOGOM). I wanted to make things a little more challenging for him. It also allows Lois some time to really contemplate what Clark means to her. We'll see how they handle it. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

John Lambert: I can't quite seem to please you with my writing choices, but I do appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to post. In this case, Lois feels very protective of the Kents. She doesn't want to worry them unnecessarily, and she truly expects to find Clark. Lois is in a position to take steps to locate her partner, but Clark's parents are too far away to do anything but worry. If they were local, she would have gone to them immediately. The fact that they didn't contact her means that they don't know their son is missing. Why make them suffer unnecessarily?

So, what would have happened if she had called them? I suspect the Kents would have tried to calm her and tell her to give it a little more time before worrying so much. Because they would never reveal Clark's secret, though, Lois would trust her instincts and forge ahead anyway.

I do hope that you will keep reading, and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#93081 02/10/13 04:54 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think my comment came off much more negative than it was intended. I actually have to say I like the story so far. I guess I am just too quick to point out plot issues.

Your point about the Kent's not being able to do anything to help Lois find Clark makes a lot of sense. I have to say I understand Lois' logic.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard