Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Play them off, keyboard cat!

Bye for now. I have to get this thing ready for the archive. And then I have to find some betas for my next tale. When the muses open up the taps, they really open up the taps!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting way to finish.

Interesting in that it wasn't at all what I'd been expecting. And also interesting in that I enjoyed a peek at life in Antarctica.

I'm glad Rebecca was able to find peace with her decision. I'm also glad she had to stop on think about how she really felt. Giving up a man like Clark Kent shouldn't be easy.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Corrina.

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Okay, I have finally finished this massive trilogy. Overall, I liked it very much. I love AU stories and this was very AU. I loved, loved that Lois got powers and was able to keep them. This means she can live along time with Clark. I wish there were more stories where Lois kept the powers. I must say, I was disappointed with the ending. I really dont like reading lois and clark with other people for very long. I stuck with the stories because I figured they would be together at some point. I just did not expect it to be basically a few paragraphs in the next to last chapter. At first I was okay with this, because there was an epilogue, but they really were not in the epilogue.

You did well at showing us Clarks feelings for Lana and Lois feeling for Lex but I really did not get much from their feelings for each other. I would have liked to have seen their thoughts at the wedding, or when they had children, or after years of being together. I really dont get that they were each other soul mates. Why? You put so much effort into Lana and Clark and Lois and Lex, that their was not much left for Lois and Clark. I feel like you put them together because this is a Lois and Clark site and thats what we like.

However, you are a great writer. Despite not liking the pairings, you wrote a great story. I did like that you made Lex a good guy. I liked the way that you changed some of the core characters and the relationships that you had the characters make.

But back to Lois and Clark. I hate to say this, but Lois and Clark were kinda boring in this story. I am a purist and hate, hate, hate when they are with anyone else. However, I think you should have let Lex and Lana live and let them be with Clark and Lois. You made their relationships with them more interesting. The letter you added of Lana that Rebecca found threw me off. I was kinda hoping Lana would not make such a large present in this story. I would have also liked to have seen his parents response to the wedding. Also would have liked to see what Lanas father would have thought. The crazy thing is, if the pairing would have been Lana and Clark and Lex and lois in the end, I would have never read the story. So am glad you put Lois and Clark together.

Anyways, congratulations on finish the trilogy. Not many authors would have finished after so many years. That is a great and awesome accomplishment to you. I really hope you will continue to write stories. I have read your other stories and have enjoyed them as well.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just have to say that even if Lex had lived Lois would have not gone with him.

I thought it was pretty obviously that Lois and Clark liked eachother, felt most for eachother, but were not letting it show.

I was hoping to see more of their relationship in the epilogue, but I guess not. Still I thought their finding eachother and getting with eachother was believable.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Its been awhile since the final installment of Terry's epic was posted. I decided its high time to write my thoughts.

He waited another few moments. “Any regrets?”

She shrugged. “Maybe. A few, I guess.”

“Then again, too few to mention, right?”
Becca should not have any regrets about losing Clark or any man who was more interested in family life than in researching penguins. If she were the bride rather than Lois, her first thought would be: <I'm missing the penguins seasonal migration! Why on Earth did I marry this guy?>

The photo included a number of other people in the background. Rebecca picked out Jimmy Olsen, himself quite elegant in a tux, standing beside a short, attractive black woman with a narrow waist and shoulders like a linebacker.
Who is the woman beside Jimmy?

She thought about it for several moments, then decided about her regrets. She regretted leading Clark on. She regretted not breaking off the relationship sooner. She regretted hanging on to the fantasy of having Superman at her beck and call.
Finally, Rebecca is growing up and moving forward with her life, at this point she is married to her career. It takes courage to recognize that rather than thinking she could 'have it all'.

Writing the epilogue through the eyes of someone else was gutsy and different - even refreshing. But Rebecca? I would have chosen Perry or Jimmy.

As a woman who loves reading about all the South Polar explorers it was completely delicious to have the story end in such an unique and chillingly singular location. Amundsen, Sir James Clark Ross and Shackleton would have saluted you!

Thank you for a satisfying end to a fantastic story. Looking forward to reading more of your fics Mr. Leatherwood... further on down the road.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Of course I was hoping for more Lois-and-Clark point of view, but I think I could be okay with a Rebecca epilogue. It's the melancholy tone that's leaving me a bit unfulfilled. On the other hand, real feelings and real choices have been what this story has been about all along, and realism isn't easy, so maybe the tone fits. But still, it seems that Rebecca should have more than a "warm sense of accomplishment" about what she's doing. She was always very vibrant, and she should be full of ideas and plans about her research, in a way that leaks out even while she's processing the news about Lois and Clark.

Also, she should not be referring to herself as Dr. Connors until she's passed that defense!

I know I'm rambling; I still haven't gotten my thoughts straight, but it seemed about time to write them down anyway.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard