Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92968 01/21/13 03:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I forgot to put this up earlier. Comments go here. smile

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#92969 01/21/13 04:59 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
What a fabulous idea for a story. And I think you've picked the perfect episode to set it in, too. With Clark's investigation into Snell and Intergang, there are plenty of people out there who could want him gone. So it makes perfect sense that Lois would get worried when he disappears.

I like how you casually drop where Superman is, just so the reader knows that Clark is fine, just otherwise occupied. But, of course, Lois doesn't know that. Could this be the encouragement she needs to get to "There's more to our relationship than just friendship" a little early? I won't deny I'm hopeful. smile

More, please! smile

Kathy

#92970 01/21/13 05:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queen,

Interesting start. The stage is well set and the actors are all in their places.

Time to call - Action! dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#92971 01/21/13 07:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great set-up! I can't wait to see where you take it. Clarkie, somebody is in trouble! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92972 01/23/13 04:40 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a fun story. I sort of wish you had not told us where Superman was. On one level I appreciate it, but on another it lessens the intensity. Until that line, there was a chance that Clark was actually being held by Intergang.

At least Lois knows he is not with Mayson, and knows that she saw him since Mayson did. Even if she does not realize she also danced with him more recently than Mayson.

the code she used to protect the most important aspects of her professional and personal life weas HottestTeamInTown.
I think you wanted to say "was".

It is also probably good that Lois has not officially called on the police. That would make things more difficult for Clark in the long run.

John Pack Lambert
#92973 01/24/13 12:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Intriguing... and I wonder if it will make Lois stumble upon the truth about her partner a bit sooner. Season 2 had so many different intriguing angles to go in. It's a fun season to play in as a writer and I'm curious as to where you'll take this.

Looking forward to more! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#92974 01/24/13 08:05 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, Season 2 opens with us as the viewers knowing that a-Lois loves Clark, even if she has not admitted it to herself yet, b-Clark loves Lois, even if he lied to get her to believe he doesn't, which she may of may not have really bot. So Lois is at least somewhat past her attraction to Superman, but Clark does not know that yet. So the whole thing moves towards Lois learning CK=SM, but in the show they postponed that point as much as possible and then some, so there are lots of angles that move to the reveal faster.

John Pack Lambert
#92975 01/26/13 06:55 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, all! Thanks for the feedback. Your comments provide sustenance for my muse, so keep them coming. smile

KathyB: Thank you so much for your response. I'm honored to have you as my first poster for this story. Before Lois knew his secret, the show never kept Clark away for an extended period of time. His absences were annoying, but not seemingly threatening. I decided it might be fun to play with the concept a little bit. Clark's disappearance will be a real test for Lois because she is placed in a situation that she cannot control. She can't rely on Superman to help her with this one, so how will she cope?

KenJ: Thanks for your feedback. This chapter was definitely meant to set the stage for what's to come. We'll see if this next chapter provides you the action you were hoping for.

VirginiaR: I'm interested to see which way the characters go with this as well. It's never a good idea to upset Lois Lane, even unintentionally. It's a good thing our dear Clark is invulnerable. smile Thanks for reading.

John Lambert: Good catch on the typo--thanks. Also, I agree that it would have been more suspenseful to suggest that Clark might really be in trouble. However, Lois instinctively turns to Superman (and/or Clark) in times of trouble. With her best friend missing, she would have sought the assistance of the superhero. Knowing that Superman is unavailable places all of the responsibility for finding Clark squarely on her shoulders, and this is the aspect of the story that I wanted to explore. Jealousy of Mayson will still play a part, but it won't be an obstacle to Lois' search for Clark. As for the police involvement, Lois' instincts serve her well here. Thanks for reading!

mozartmaid: Season 2 is definitely a fun season. Lois and Clark have established a strong partnership, but they still have not confronted the obstacles in their path. Secrets, fears, jealousies...they all create an interesting canvas for writing a story. Thanks for the feedback!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard