Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
For what I can tell of the New52 Action Comics (They're EXTREMELY hard to follow but considering we're talking about a 5th Dimension tale I guess I shouldn't be surprised) there is a suggestion that Mxyzptlk had designed the "New52" universe (prior to his nemesis potentially destroying Mxy and altering the New52 uni) so that Lois and Superman (not necessarily Clark, the image we have in the comic is up Lois in a wedding dress and Clark in the Supersuit) could get married and found a new Golden Age.
So, we can Mxy for the New52s as an attempt to keep Lois and Clark apart? clap That's the best explanation I've heard yet. rotflol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhh yes, the watch. Red and green both. I had forgotten that.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] For what I can tell of the New52 Action Comics (They're EXTREMELY hard to follow but considering we're talking about a 5th Dimension tale I guess I shouldn't be surprised) there is a suggestion that Mxyzptlk had designed the "New52" universe (prior to his nemesis potentially destroying Mxy and altering the New52 uni) so that Lois and Superman (not necessarily Clark, the image we have in the comic is up Lois in a wedding dress and Clark in the Supersuit) could get married and found a new Golden Age.
So, we can Mxy for the New52s as an attempt to keep Lois and Clark apart? clap That's the best explanation I've heard yet. rotflol [/b]
Actually we can't blame Mxy so much as we ought to be blaming his nemesis, Vyndktvx. There's a whole story behind it but he (Vyndktvx) killed Mxy and in the process destroyed the timeline originally in place. Remember this is a 5th dimension story. It rarely makes sense unless you read it yourself (which I only scanned through all but three of the comics only once so I'm relying a bit on reviews for my understanding of it.) It sounded more like (from the comic) that it (the New52) had (originally) been created as a love letter (which it's suggested is about Lois and Clark) which won the hand of the 5th dimension king-thing's daughter (Mrs. Nyxly). Vyndktvx destroyed that possibility(at least at this point.) Mxy's a saint in comparison to Vyndktvx (shown in the comics as a three headed satan.) shock shock peep

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Oh Lois, while I know you didn't mean too, you just gave that guy some hope. Not the kind of thing you want I'm sure.
LOIS: Hope? No, I stormed out of his office. How could that be giving him hope?
Actually I think the problem is there is nothing that Lois would do that would destroy Lex' hope. His hope and her actions exist on entirelyu different plains of existence.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
CLARK: So, I should just give up because I can't do things as well as that other Clark?
Actually, I do not think any of the murders are in any way Clakr's fault. 2 happened before he got here for example. Others might have happened in canon, like Moniques, and we just never learned about it.

CLARK: I'm pretty good at hiding things. I HAVE been robbed before, you remember.
Actually, I forgot about the robberies in the other dimension.

The Kents and Clark himself?
Those were the ones I was thinking of. Did I miss someone?

Wouldn't she think that Lex be more sneaky about breaking into Clark's apartment, so it didn't look like anyone had been there? wink
Lois:But if you steal stuff from someone it is a bit hard to hide that it was stolen. Especially if they are as organized as Clark. So I don;t see how that would work.

Depends on what other things she might have on her mind at the time.
Lois:I will still notice he is gone. What I will do about it might depend on other issues, but I will notice.

Is he building the astroid-hit shelter already? That will not go over well if she sees it, not at all.
She saw it in canon.
But in canon she had not gotten mad at him for trying to pursue her. Also, in canon she had not had Superman discover bugs in her apartment. She dislikes Luthor a lot more here, and has more reason to dislike things that strike of having been stalked.

I have to say I never understood why she did not find it odd that Luthor had recreated her place to such minute detail.

After she flatly refused his invitation for weekly dinner?
Technically, she didn't. She said that she'd think about it.
Hmm, I guess you are right. I had thought she had made clear she was saying no on storming out. However I guess that was only her interpretation of it, and mine. And she did not clearly say no to Luthor, let alone in a way Luthor would understand.

Maybe. Maybe not. I always thought the shelter was Lex's "just in case" hide-a-way being that I doubted he could get it together in 4 days, even with his resources.
I think I assumed that Luthor knew about Nightfall, at least as a posibility, before it became public knowledge. However I guess nothing in the show hinted at that, and your explanation makes more sense.

I guess I have to say I don't understand how Nightfall snuck up on people so fast. If Superman had just shown up it would make sense to bring him in near the end. However he has been around for months, so the only explanation is people just realized this astroid is about to hit earth and that just seems odd.

I guess the easy answer is the show would just lack the suspense if people were like "well, Superman hit the astroid, but some is still heading this way, and will hit in five months. If Clark does not remember who he is in the next 10 episodes or so, we will have problems. Otherwise, things will be hunky-dory."

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I believe I've only written one story in which Lois didn't get mad when learning Clark's secret. 2 points for anyone who guesses which one.
Was that Green-eyed Moster, or did she get mad about it at some point there. It is hard to remember because she learns it in multiple steps.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Oh no. He is going to try to convince her they can't be intimate because he is SM. Wait, I think this is a very, very bad plan.
CLARK: Why? It's what that Chris Reeves guy did in the movie.
He also used a kiss to make Lois forget everything. And if we take the Superman returns chronology, he then goes to look for Krypton without even making sure whether or not she is pregnant, and is gone for five years. Clark, I do not think you want to follow his example at all.

Anyway, since he admitted he had a fiancee and was intimate with her, I am not sure Lois is likely to believe the "I can't because I am SM' story at all.

I think he should tell her about the curse. That is the only way. I still am not sure it would convince her, but at least they would not be talking round each other.
Oh, where would be the fun in that?
I should have known you would not give up on talking around eachother that easily.

Also, since she does realize something happened while she was under the Pheremones, he needs to explain things in a way that explains what really happened then.
He doesn't know she knows that though.
True. It does however make it even less likely she will be "I'm SM so we cannot be intimate" at all.

Also, if he does not tell her about inter-dimensional travel, how is he going to explain his past? This does not sound like a good idea to me. Cat thinking he grew up on Krypton is OK, but Lois thinking that will just not work.
Why?
Mainly because I don't like it. However Lois knows too much of his history to be satisfied with an "I came from Krypton" explanation. It will allow him to explain that he was not lieing, which will just make things better.

The more I think about things, the less I think his plan makes any sense.
CLARK: So, I should go back to my 5 point plan?
It is certainly better than a plan in any way associated with the amnesia kiss.

CLARK: Well, if she's angry at me, she won't want to make love, right?
That if not a 100% bet. Anyway, it only works while she is mad, which will be less than the time until Herb shows up to say the curse no longer exists.

But, you as a Reader, have more information than him as a character. As far as Clark knows, Herb has been completely honest with him.
Which is why Lois is right to think that he is naive.

He's nervous about revealing his biggest secret, and wants to make sure there aren't any hurdles in the way which would make confessing what he wants to tell her blow up in his face. Because once the news is out there, he can't take it back, as he wished he had done with Lana. Trust isn't very easy for him.
But unlike with Lana, Clark does know how Lois feels about Superman. He knows she loves him. I guess though knowing it intellectually and knowing it emotionally are different. She never had a real relationship with Superman, so it is possible if she was confronted with actually having a relationship with an alien, she might react more negatively. At least Clark could tell himself that and decide to make sure everything is right before revelaing his secret.

Oh, he is speaking of when he became known to be SM and people tried to dig up ever secret on him.
He highly doubts that it is Superman fans / groupies and/or tabloid reporters breaking in this time.
He really does think the glasses fool people.

NIGEL: You never know. What is this strange article about a press conference with Mayor White and former president Elvis Presley? Perry White isn't the mayor of Metropolis? Elvis is dead. Odd. Must be fiction of some sort.
rotflol

So, they don't have thieves who would want to rob Lord Kal-El on Krypton?
But Clark has no idea that Kal-El was a Lord.

Lois: Which leads us to wonder why you want to go back at all tonight, instead of just staying with me.
Uniforms are back home. Meeting with Henderson and the scanning team. Must replace front door and locks, and clean up mess.
Lois:Uniforms? What uniforms?

Maybe she should tell him she is worried about her safety.
After HOW many times she has told him she doesn't need protection?
Good point. Does she want Clark with her that badly?

Now she is moving to the point where he only has one way to answer, that CK=SM.
CLARK: Well, Superman knows my intentions are honorable. Luthor's aren't.
Lois:And how can Superman be so sure of your intentions.

Clark:Do you doubt my intentions.

Lois:No, but jealous guys sometimes don't think straight.

Clark:Well, Superman knows me well enough not to get jealous.

they were interupted, again.
Probably best since Asabi is waiting to tail them right outside the door.
Hmm, you might have a point. He wants to make sure he tells Lois this in private. No yelling in the street so even the people in Gotham hear. Sometime in the TV show it seems Lois and Clark did not even try to have conversations in priave. It was shocking that no one else figured out the CK=SM.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Ahhhh yes, the watch. Red and green both. I had forgotten that.
What's really funny, is that I wrote about that watch and then like two days later read about the red/green Kryptonite laser in M.C. Vol 4?, and I was like, Ken's TOTALLY going to think I stole this from him. I guess great minds think alike (and about 6 months apart). wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually we can't blame Mxy so much as we ought to be blaming [b]his nemesis, Vyndktvx. There's a whole story behind it but he (Vyndktvx) killed Mxy and in the process destroyed the timeline originally in place. Remember this is a 5th dimension story. It rarely makes sense unless you read it yourself (which I only scanned through all but three of the comics only once so I'm relying a bit on reviews for my understanding of it.) It sounded more like (from the comic) that it (the New52) had (originally) been created as a love letter (which it's suggested is about Lois and Clark) which won the hand of the 5th dimension king-thing's daughter (Mrs. Nyxly). Vyndktvx destroyed that possibility(at least at this point.) Mxy's a saint in comparison to Vyndktvx (shown in the comics as a three headed satan.) [/b]
I think someone had too much fun playing around in the 5th dimension, IMO. Isn't this supposed to be "Superman" comic? He was in that story, wasn't he? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually I think the problem is there is nothing that Lois would do that would destroy Lex' hope. His hope and her actions exist on entirelyu different plains of existence.
clap

Actually, I do not think any of the murders are in any way Clakr's fault. 2 happened before he got here for example. Others might have happened in canon, like Moniques, and we just never learned about it.
CLARK: phew.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't mean Cat, because she doesn't know.

Lois:But if you steal stuff from someone it is a bit hard to hide that it was stolen. Especially if they are as organized as Clark. So I don;t see how that would work.
True, but Nigel didn't really care for the TV and VCR or even the word processor, but what the word processor had on it. He would have been able to take or copy most (paper) documents, had he found any, so that Clark would've never known... except that he's not just Clark, so he would've probably noticed if someone had moved his stuff even a fraction of an inch.

Lois:I will still notice he is gone. What I will do about it might depend on other issues, but I will notice.
Lex's opinion that Lois might be distracted from Clark.

But in canon she had not gotten mad at him for trying to pursue her. Also, in canon she had not had Superman discover bugs in her apartment. She dislikes Luthor a lot more here, and has more reason to dislike things that strike of having been stalked.
So, you think she might get mad at Lex? wink

I have to say I never understood why she did not find it odd that Luthor had recreated her place to such minute detail.
Agree totally with you. Why would she want to marry someone who had done something that creepy?

Hmm, I guess you are right. I had thought she had made clear she was saying no on storming out. However I guess that was only her interpretation of it, and mine. And she did not clearly say no to Luthor, let alone in a way Luthor would understand.
LOIS: "No" isn't in Lex's vocabulary unless he says it himself.

I think I assumed that Luthor knew about Nightfall, at least as a posibility, before it became public knowledge. However I guess nothing in the show hinted at that, and your explanation makes more sense.

I guess I have to say I don't understand how Nightfall snuck up on people so fast. If Superman had just shown up it would make sense to bring him in near the end. However he has been around for months, so the only explanation is people just realized this astroid is about to hit earth and that just seems odd.
I agree, and I explain my world-view on how this could have happened... coming up... at some time... in the future... laugh

I guess the easy answer is the show would just lack the suspense if people were like "well, Superman hit the astroid, but some is still heading this way, and will hit in five months. If Clark does not remember who he is in the next 10 episodes or so, we will have problems. Otherwise, things will be hunky-dory."
That might have been fun. Clark has memory problems from ASU through House of Luthor, only regaining them in time to tell Lois that he loves her, but by this time everyone knows that CK=SM, because even though he had been able to figure out how to use his powers, he never regained his memory until the thought of losing Lois knocked him (metaphorically) over the head? Hmmmm. This sounds like a challenge!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I believe I've only written one story in which Lois didn't get mad when learning Clark's secret. 2 points for anyone who guesses which one.
Was that Green-eyed Moster, or did she get mad about it at some point there. It is hard to remember because she learns it in multiple steps.
Nope, sorry. Lois was royally ticked off in that one.

He also used a kiss to make Lois forget everything. And if we take the Superman returns chronology, he then goes to look for Krypton without even making sure whether or not she is pregnant, and is gone for five years. Clark, I do not think you want to follow his example at all.
Yes, the memory wipe kiss is not a smart thing to use on Lois.

Anyway, since he admitted he had a fiancee and was intimate with her, I am not sure Lois is likely to believe the "I can't because I am SM' story at all.
CLARK: Hmmmmm. [Linked Image]

I should have known you would not give up on talking around eachother that easily.
The pitfalls from a lack of communication is a very big theme in this story, if you hadn't noticed. whinging

Which is why Lois is right to think that he is naive.
LOIS: I'm always right.

But unlike with Lana, Clark does know how Lois feels about Superman. He knows she loves him. I guess though knowing it intellectually and knowing it emotionally are different. She never had a real relationship with Superman, so it is possible if she was confronted with actually having a relationship with an alien, she might react more negatively. At least Clark could tell himself that and decide to make sure everything is right before revelaing his secret.
Clark really has only experienced rejection since his folks died, so acceptance is really a new concept for him.

He really does think the glasses fool people.
Um... they do.

But Clark has no idea that Kal-El was a Lord.
wallbash Right.

Lois:Uniforms? What uniforms?
CLARK: Um... I have another job... where I have to wear a uniform. laugh Pizza delivery guy! Right! That's why I'm never around when you need me. Two jobs!

Good point. Does she want Clark with her that badly?
Love for Clark vs. Lois's Ego. [Linked Image]

Hmm, you might have a point. He wants to make sure he tells Lois this in private. No yelling in the street so even the people in Gotham hear. Sometime in the TV show it seems Lois and Clark did not even try to have conversations in priave. It was shocking that no one else figured out the CK=SM.
Yes, I make that point in "Missing Lois" (the one about the baby, not the one about the ghost). That they have way too many private conversations in the public area of the newsroom.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It sounded more like (from the comic) that it (the New52) had (originally) been created as a love letter (which it's suggested is about Lois and Clark) which won the hand of the 5th dimension king-thing's daughter (Mrs. Nyxly). Vyndktvx destroyed that possibility(at least at this point.) Mxy's a saint in comparison to Vyndktvx (shown in the comics as a three headed satan.)
I think someone had too much fun playing around in the 5th dimension, IMO. Isn't this supposed to be "Superman" comic? He was in that story, wasn't he? laugh
He was (Vyndktvx may have killed Superman all over again... although we haven't seen the first time.) Mxy's actually dead (according to Mrs. Nyxly) but as he's a 5th dimension creature it stands to reason that he's not been written out just yet. I have some hope that he might show up and at least attempt to pair them (Lois and Clark/Superman) back up.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He was (Vyndktvx may have killed Superman all over again... although we haven't seen the first time.) Mxy's actually dead (according to Mrs. Nyxly) but as he's a 5th dimension creature it stands to reason that he's not been written out just yet. I have some hope that he might show up and at least attempt to pair them (Lois and Clark/Superman) back up.
I wonder what would happen to Mxy if someone in the 5th dimension got him to say his name backwards IN the 5th dimension? Would he be banished to our dimension for 90 days?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just wanted to make sure you didn't mean Cat, because she doesn't know.
No, I know Cat knows nothing about the alternate dimension and thinks Clark is a recent immigrant from Krypton. However, maybe I should have included Carlos, since I think Clark did tell him about the alternate dimension, since how else would he explain them both being Superman, sortof.

True, but Nigel didn't really care for the TV and VCR or even the word processor, but what the word processor had on it. He would have been able to take or copy most (paper) documents, had he found any, so that Clark would've never known... except that he's not just Clark, so he would've probably noticed if someone had moved his stuff even a fraction of an inch.
Clark:And then I would have to make sure to come by in the suit when Henderson or Lois was here so I had a clear way to explain how I noticed, and how would I explain not being here when Superman came by?

Lex's opinion that Lois might be distracted from Clark.
Lois:Well, Lex obviously knows nothing about me.

So, you think she might get mad at Lex? wink
Well, since she already is made at Lex, more like "more mad".

Agree totally with you. Why would she want to marry someone who had done something that creepy?
Well that is probably why he waited until after bombing the palent out of existence to ask her. If he had done it earlier, she would have clearly said no. Although I have to admit I never understood why she said yes at all. Her backing out at the last minute made sense, except that it took her that long to back out. I guess it made it more exciting.

I agree, and I explain my world-view on how this could have happened... coming up... at some time... in the future... laugh
Well in "Another Lois" (see I got the title wrong), it did seem it might relate to shoddy science. Although maybe the mistake was not really a result of being "shoddy".

That might have been fun. Clark has memory problems from ASU through House of Luthor, only regaining them in time to tell Lois that he loves her, but by this time everyone knows that CK=SM, because even though he had been able to figure out how to use his powers, he never regained his memory until the thought of losing Lois knocked him (metaphorically) over the head? Hmmmm. This sounds like a challenge!
Clark:Sounds like a return to that other dimension I fled. Well, except Lois would be hear, so it might be worth it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] He was (Vyndktvx may have killed Superman all over again... although we haven't seen the first time.) Mxy's actually dead (according to Mrs. Nyxly) but as he's a 5th dimension creature it stands to reason that he's not been written out just yet. I have some hope that he might show up and at least attempt to pair them (Lois and Clark/Superman) back up.
I wonder what would happen to Mxy if someone in the 5th dimension got him to say his name backwards IN the 5th dimension? Would he be banished to our dimension for 90 days? [/b]
Let's hope not, that would be horrible. Anyway, if it was that easy, wouldn't he have done it by now?

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I originally posted another reply to the Mxy stuff then I decided it was better off in another topic altogether.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[QB] No, I know Cat knows nothing about the alternate dimension and thinks Clark is a recent immigrant from Krypton. However, maybe I should have included Carlos, since I think Clark did tell him about the alternate dimension, since how else would he explain them both being Superman, sortof.
oh, right, him too. Of course, he doesn't believe Clark.

Clark:And then I would have to make sure to come by in the suit when Henderson or Lois was here so I had a clear way to explain how I noticed, and how would I explain not being here when Superman came by?
Superman: Um... I was supposed to meet Clark and Lois for dinner but I showed up early... and.... er...

HENDERSON: But how did you know that it wasn't Clark who moved this thing 2 mm?

SUPERMAN: ER... um... Hey, is that a cry for help?

LOIS: No, that's your inner voice crying for help. That doesn't count.

Lois:Well, Lex obviously knows nothing about me.
LEX: But I downloaded this manuel from the future.

Well, since she already is made at Lex, more like "more mad".
cool

Well that is probably why he waited until after bombing the palent out of existence to ask her. If he had done it earlier, she would have clearly said no. Although I have to admit I never understood why she said yes at all. Her backing out at the last minute made sense, except that it took her that long to back out. I guess it made it more exciting.
Doesn't he propose before bombing the Planet?

Well in "Another Lois" (see I got the title wrong), it did seem it might relate to shoddy science. Although maybe the mistake was not really a result of being "shoddy".
huh If you're talking about Bk 1 of the Wrong Trilogy, you've got the right title. About the other stuff. cool

Clark:Sounds like a return to that other dimension I fled. Well, except Lois would be hear, so it might be worth it.
It would also have his folks. But would he willingly get amnesia?

Let's hope not, that would be horrible. Anyway, if it was that easy, wouldn't he have done it by now?
Good point. Yes, he would have. Maybe he would end up banished to the 4th dimension where there are no LnC to play around with?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I originally posted another reply to the Mxy stuff then I decided it was better off in another topic altogether.
Throwing about all these theories are fun though. laugh <<waits for Christina to post new Thread>>

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Doesn't he propose before bombing the Planet?
Technically I don't know, I skipped the scene where he proposes, assuming there is such a thing. Hmm, but I think you might be right. So maybe she was not disturbed at all by his creepiness. That is super odd.

It would also have his folks. But would he willingly get amnesia?
Clark:It would still be better than that horrible place I am a refugee from.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex liked the British formality of respect that Nigel paid him. Too bad his other underlings, especially the American ones, didn’t understand it, nor could be properly trained in it.
What about Asabi? And maybe if he cut *) his other male underlings and transferred his female underlings into the concubine department?

*) to be cut: to be made eunuch.

“Good job this morning, disposing of Rourke.”
Aaaaaahhhh…

“What news do we have on Ian Harrington?”

“The Congressman’s helicopter crashed just outside of Toronto, and the money we paid him for his silence recovered,” Nigel announced.
Huh. That’s a lucky break if I ever saw one.

“I must say, sir, it was a pleasure to stretch those old muscles again.”
Did Nigel throw a grenade at the helicopter? Is he a half-Krytponian? *)

*) /takes things quite literally right now. More fun that way/

First off, I want… no, need to know everything regarding Kent.
Does that include sewage analysis?

Break into his apartment and bring me anything of importance, especially anything on his true identity,” Lex ordered.
Maybe Clark should put his capes into the secret compartment now?

“No need; he won’t be alive long enough for us to justify the expense of having them dismantled before his body is found,”
hyper

“But if I stay, neither of us will get the sleep we need,” he said, taking a step back.
nah, he’s a guy. Urban myth says they fall asleep right thereafter. And if he does it right, she’s going to black out shortly before that.

Now, that would be a progress which could beat out physical intimacy… well, for now. For that, Lois was willing to wait.
And wait. Aaaand wait.

He would tell her that he had an associate researching this problem for him, but a solution could take years, if one was ever found.
LOIS: What about Kryptonite?

Until a cure was found, they could still be together, just not physically intimate.
Yes. She’s going to be just dandy with that.

How could he trust her with his most valuable secret if she couldn’t trust him enough to tell him about meeting with Luthor?
One does wonder if he’s not using the curse to give his mistrust of her an outlet and a viable excuse without facing the true issues in their relationship.

It took several men, or super strength, to move the large piece of furniture to access it.
Hmm…isn’t that going to leave marks on the floor? Even if it’s just dust-tracks? Wouldn’t Lois notice those?

“The neighborhood must be on its way up,” Clark replied in a tone, which made Lois suspect he didn’t believe the words he was speaking.
Actually, it makes sense. Before, nobody lived there that would make sense robbing. Now, things are changing.

“But it won’t be as strong,” Clark went on, running his thumb over the statue’s entwined arms.
Sounds like Alt-Clark and Lois.

She raised her hand to his cheek. “Hey, now. If you apply the glue properly and adjust it just so, you won’t even see the crack. It will be as good as new.”
Lois arguing for their relationship.

“The seam will always be there,” he murmured. “It won’t ever be perfect.”
Clark points out the lingering issues.

“No, maybe not, but can be just as beautiful as the original, if you can learn to look past that little flaw.”
LOIS: See, it *can* work.

Clark nodded, setting the statue back on its rightful shelf. “I can, if you can,” he said, turning to give her a small, hopeful smile.
CLARK: It’s okay that you’re not my Lois.

“Oh, I don’t know, Chuck. I’m sure we could come up with something equally plausible,”
“Nookie”?

“Hey, I’ve got two working coffee mugs.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard