Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So, an exact duplicate of a person from another dimension would have a different soul? So, there's Soul A-Canon Clark. Soul B-Alt-Clark. And Soul C-exact copy of Soul A, but slightly different (Ghost Clark / Carlos? / dead Kal-El's soul), since this is a different dimension from canon. Or do they all share different aspects from the same soul?
If Clark is right that Carlos is Clark reincarnated (a big if, but still) than how could the curse possibly apply to Clark. How could he possibly by the curse-linked soul when someone else present is? It probably could work, but I don't think it does.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was thinking about whether Clark should reveal his secret or not, and I think people seem to think he should reveal it almost willy nilly.

CK=SM is a really, really big secret. The only person he has ever actually told that to was Lana, and she did not react well. So, it makes sense he hesitates with Lois.

I have to go with Virginia and say that late night, on the roof, when Clark needed to leave to look for Rourke, would not have been a good time.

I hope Clark plans on telling her when they have their upcoming talk.

Anyway, he was trying to tell her when she was under the Pheremone. In fact it is mostly H.G. Wells fault she does not know.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK - Cont.
What? We skipped ahead. I was thinking we would not get to the point of reckoning in this section.
Skipped ahead? But that’s how it went in canon? Oh, wait, in canon Lois got kidnapped. Yeah, I got rid of that, she decided to go visit Luthor instead of investigate the Pier 31.

we get some recap. I was figuring there needed to be more after what Lois told Clark.
Yes, if no recap this story would truly be long. [Linked Image]

Harrington will find it hard to stay in hiding long. It will at least be incompatible with staying in congress.
Yes, Harrington didn’t get away with it as he had in canon. That’s a good thing, right?

Lois: Wait, how does my meeting with Luthor have any relevance here. Luthor is just a source, nothing more. I most definately do not want a realtionship with him.
Reader:I have to agree with Lois here. I think Clark is expecting to be able to control too much of what Lois does.
CLARK: But she *dated* him! And he’s a *bad* guy! Doesn’t anyone else see this is a bad combo? [Linked Image]

Since she has not revealed anything about him to Luthor since back during the Metro Club investigation, I really do not think this objection makes sense at all.
Clark’s just nervous about getting outed in this dimesion by the very woman he loves, that’s all. laugh

Lois: <<happy dance>> Superman recognizes me. Wait, maybe this is a bad thing when I am sneaking around.
Clark:Maybe I need to tell you a secret.
Lois:What?
Clark:Ah, it is hard to say, let me think how to tell you it.
Lois:What you expect me to be patient.
Clark:Yes.
Lois: You really do live in la-la land.
CLARK: No, L.A. is on the west coast. I live in Metropolis.
LOIS: [Linked Image] He’s no nuclear scientist, is he?
CLARK: I see my plan for no one to associate me with Superman due to my lack of intelligence is working.
LOIS: What’s that?
CLARK: Coming dear… er… minha!

Lois: He really does not understand me at all.
CLARK: That’s not the point! Big wave could drown you. Superman has to protect you at all costs.
LOIS: :rolleyes:

Sounds reasonable to me.
SUPERMAN: But that would take too long!

He really is in love with all of her.
CLARK: She is a bit stubborn, but I’m working on that.
PERRY: Really? How’s that working for you?
CLARK: Er.. uh… it’s a work in progress.
PERRY: Good luck with that, son.

Not good for his continued plan to hold off relations with her until Wells says the curse does not apply.
That he thinks about Lois in a negligee? Well, he is a man, and she did look nice. That time he checked, thoughts did not activate the curse.

SM: I will take Lois wearing such things for me in any incarnation I can get.
Lois: Well, I was wearing it Clark, not for you, so hah.
SM:Lois, there is something I have to tell you.
Lois: What, you see everything Clark sees.
SM:Why yes.
Lois:I knew it! You did put an alien inplant in his brain.
SM:No, that is not why, you see, Lois, um, I am, um, well, you see.
Lois: What are you trying say.
SM:Oh, gotta go, there is a fire in the hospital. Bye.
Lois: when will he ever give me an answer.
clap

So, was Lois already gone by the time he returned to the DP as Clark? I was waiting to hear about that, but I don't think we did.
No. He mentioned that she stopped him when he was about to Luthor.

it is the perfect time for SM to tell Lois "I am Clark Kent".
Except that it is a cold February night and he has a tidal wave to stop.

This leads to an interesting question. How exactly is SM supposed to prove to Lois he is CK. I mean with CK he uses doing SM type things, so what does SM do to prove that they are one and the same if Lois says "stop joking with me".
SUPERMAN: Er… Um… I could spin into my Clark clothes? Then get punched in the face and spin back?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Not good for his continued plan to hold off relations with her until Wells says the curse does not apply.
That he thinks about Lois in a negligee? Well, he is a man, and she did look nice. That time he checked, thoughts did not activate the curse.
Well, it would be shocking if he did not think of how she looked in that. I am just saying that having those thoughts is not going to make things any easier for him.

Actually, that is a good question, exactly what does activate the curse?

Clark:Hmm, umm, I really don't know. Obviously more than what I have done with Lois so far. Although, we may have come really close to going too far. It would be nice if someone told me exactly what make the curse start.

Lois: Come on, even if I had not had such a sexy outfit in my clothes, it would still have been an invasion of privacy for him to unpack them.
I agree with Lois, but this scene was from Clark’s POV.
Lois: Which is why I had to cut in to correct his erroneous thinking.

Clark:Why does she have to do this now, when I know there is no way I can do anything about it?
evil
Clark:Although on second though, I guess it is better this way. At least Lois does not die.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I half wonder if it should not be "as he was in one with her". Maybe the current wording works, but it almost seems to be missing something.
You’re right. Does this sound better?
Lois was clearly as interested in a physical relationship with Clark as he would like to be with her.
I think that is a major inprovement.

He could just tell her that if they make love she will die.
He could, but would she believe him?
Well, if he told her enough of his backstory, she might agree to waiting until Herb shows up again. But she would insist that they ask Herb for actual proof then, and then consider whether it is worth accepting. I would say the chances of that, even if Clark breaks all world records in clarity of explantion, would still be under 50%. So, I guess this probably would not work.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So, was Lois already gone by the time he returned to the DP as Clark? I was waiting to hear about that, but I don't think we did.
No. He mentioned that she stopped him when he was about to Luthor.
Wait, that was after she told him she loved him? Well, told him not knowing she was talking to him, but still. Somehow I thought that had been earlier. I think I have been confused as to how the timeline goes.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“Superman…” she started, and then paused. “Did Clark talk to you?”
SM:Not deliberately.
clap

SM:I never claimed to be perfect.
No, but in comparison.

Hmm, is this wise. It might cause her to see similarities with how she pushes around her partner.
He doesn’t want her to hurt herself by pushing him.

So Clark's plot to make Lois fall in love with him by nudging her on as Superman actually did work?
Awww. Shucks. It worked.
CLARK: Really? Nobody is more surprised that me.

Lois: And how exactly can you be sure of that. Maybe I told him but told him to not tell you. Clark is an honorable man, and he would not betray my trust like that.
SM:Ah, well, you see.
Lois:What?
SM:I am Clark.
Hmmmm. John says it’s time for Lois to know. Of course, I think he’s been saying that since his first post. [Linked Image]

I can see his point. Still, I think especially Lois patience with him when he told her about his ex-fiancee should have alerted him to the fact that there was more.
CLARK: I find that assuming that Lois doesn’t love me until she tells me she does verbatim saves a lot of heartache.

Lois: Well, only you can do that, Superman.
He meant literally. She thought figuratively.

Well, she has told him that. He just figured it was the drugs speaking.
[Linked Image]

He could see her searching her mind for the time when she had spoken the words that Clark had longed to hear since they first kissed, way back in Trask’s plane.
READER: Wait, he didn't start wanting to hear those words until the kiss on Trask's plane?
Clark didn’t expect it before then. Of course, you’re right I’ll work on the wording of that line. Thanks.

Is it wise to say this as SM when she does not know SM=CK. It makes it seem CK talks about extremely private things that he would be best off not sharing with any excetp Lois. It also might make her think that CK has shared more with Cat than he has.
So, guys don’t say things like that to each other when no women are present? That only happens in movies, TV shows, books, and fanfiction? [Linked Image]

So he is now starting to get powerful reasons to tell her the truth.
So, he’s figured out these reasons to tell Lois: 1) Because she deserves to know the truth, 2) Because she loves him, 3) Because making love with her knowing the truth would be so much better (Should Herb’s theory be wrong, of course), 4) he would be able to kiss her as Superman (SLV not withstanding), 5) Cat and the Kents think he should, 7) because it would make his life easier, 8) because angry Lois is sexy, 9) because he's really bad at lying, and 10) so she wouldn’t stop in the middle of conversations with Superman to wait and tell something to Clark privately. I wonder what Clark will do with all this insurmountable evidence piling up? [Linked Image]

<<John starts to hyperventilate>> he is going to tell her.
Did you really think it would be THAT easy? clap Touché!

So Smilley killed off everyone not at his institute?
Not everyone, just a good enough portion. There were some people safe on high mountains, but what their lives would have been like afterwards is anyone guess. Definitely not Utopia.

Not Nighfall then?
According to Lynn S.M. Nightfall was a alien spacecraft. laugh

That would be very bad.
CLARK: My point exactly!

Hey, but he is Superman. He should be able to take care of it.
CLARK: Yes, but the head’s up had been nice for a change.

So I guess he did lie to Cat. Although, admitting that he did know of that probably would not have been wise. It would have lead to too many questions.
Not anything that large, I believe was the qualifier.

I was wondering if you might want to set off the words said by other people and thought in his mind some way. I actually followed it mostly, except maybe when he was remembering what Wells said, but that was mainly because it refered to the past that was future, so it was a mess no matter what.
Usually I italicize remembered dialogue / flashback dialogue. Do you think it needs quotes, since I also use italics for thoughts. I can add single quote marks if you think it would make it more clear.

At least one person believes in him.
CAT: I believe in Superman <<rings a bell>>
JIMMY: That’s for angels.
CAT: Honey, if Superman isn’t an angel in those tights I don’t want to go to heaven.

I always liked the incoming Tsunami and Clark destroying it.
Yes, but I’ve got to change things around so that alt-Clark can make this dimension his own. Anyway, Lois's extra knowledge needs to be put to good use to stop disasters sometimes.

At least this time he took the blast in the suit, Lois will be less worried this way.
CAT: I’m not fixing any more holes in your uniform. Wait. Unless you’re wearing it at the time. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

We now have an above canon body count of 6 I believe. Rachel Harris, Walt Irig, Monique Kahn, Miranda, Thadeus Rourke and Bart.
But no tidal wave! Geez. <<Psst. Tempus and Kal-El count too, I believe>>
You keep cutting out the most exciting parts. I really hope you don't cut out the astroid.
CLARK: What asteroid? I have no idea to what he keeps referring to. Do you, Lois?
LOIS: This isn’t a good sign, is it?

Sadly, the latter.
Actually, there is another possiblity out there…

now she can tell him she loves him.
She *could*…

Well, OK, it is true, just misleading since she does not know it is SM she is talking to.
They’ve got a story to write. No time now.

Which is probably good. Otherwise she would just have waited there for something to happen.
Which is why he came back to check on her, when he didn’t spot her at the DP when he did his fly by.

But did he?
Clearly nobody in Washington did. Had Rourke’s plan fizzled and died?

My bet is on Rourke messing up.
But Rourke didn’t mess up in canon.

See, I knew it was more fun with the tsunami.
clap

I guess she was not as irrate on recovering as he feared. Or she was more irrate, and just avoided his place.
Or she loved him and figured she’d be staying over eventually. Nah, it was B.

Well, at least now she accepts why he did not believe her. Although, she has every reason to think he should have.
LOIS: Exactly!

That time she had moved in?
Wait, did she move in some other time?
She’s still referring to that same time.

She msot definately wants him.
Yes.

they postponed talking again.
Not really a confession for a very public diner.

It was so much more fun with impatient, pheremone-infected Lois.
LOIS: I can be fun! I was in debate! And Chess club! And Math club! And Student Body president!
RALPH: I would have voted for your student body.
LOIS: Wasn’t this -> [Linked Image] you in high school. My student body wouldn’t have given your student body the time of day for a vote.

So now we are going to get to the talk where Clark tells her the truth?
Um….

I knew there was a reason I did not like Luthor. Hopefully Clark won't be too angry about this delay, although.
You mean, besides the usual? wink

Oh good, Lois did not cancel with Clark to go with Luthor, that would have been bad, very bad.
CLARK: I agree.
LOIS: It would have been an interview. Not a date.
CLARK: There is no such thing in Lex’s world.

Now he is just being clingy and possessive.
So, Lex is being himself?

that is quite regularly.
LEX: But I *want* to date her! So, I’m making it look like I’m not.

How is this an alternative?
In name only.

Professional as in when he bought her?
LEX: By Jove, I think he’s got it!

Didn't she tell him not to call her that?
Numerous times.

she is understanding the truth.
PERRY: dance Lois finally understand double-talk. She can now be a Jedi Knight.
LOIS: Huh?

She is planning on rejecting Luthor. This is wonderful news. Even if it is just a continuation of the way things hve been at least since the Nuclear Power plant issue.
She’s rejected him before, but he doesn’t listen. He only hears the challenge.

Why is she going to Washington?
To interview the president. <<She set it up before trying to cancel her reservations at the Lexor Hotel>>

Lois: I knew we should have gone under assumed names.
evil

I think there is one too many times "at" appears in that sentance.
Thanks. Fixed.

Clark: We don't want this. We do not want to be in his debt.
LOIS: I was being polite. I’m not ‘in his debt’. In my opinion. The man still owes me $250 for making me stay at honeymoon suite to begin with and $1500 for buying my services at the Metro Club.

she is really going to tell him off now.
Partially.

she has fully walked out on Luthor.
I thought you might like how that part ended. laugh

What even more FDK? [Linked Image] Perhaps it is time to post Part 80, instead.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: Ah... the questions are starting. I believe some of these questions will be answered within the next few (5 maybe) parts. Many of them were answered within "Another Lois", which does have a much higher body count than this story because it doesn't have a Clark with a corporeal body to go off and save people.

As Ultra Woman said, I'm thinking that Nightfall is the. Natural disaster he is there to head off.
It's possible. I did mention the 'natural disaster' in the prequel to this story Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois . <<Herb's line is taken from the Epilogue of "Another Lois", which could have easily been a Prologue to this story, which is why I have included the link to it here.>>

Despite what John says "Missing Lois" has nothing to do with this story. laugh I know the names can be confusing, and I apologize. blush

I'm thinking that is also the event that screwed up the timeline by killing Tempus' ancestor and once Alt Superman stops Nightfall the timeline can then be restored.
It could... The answer to that question (should you not want to wait) is vaguely found in another story (a one shot), called The Superman Effect , but it will come up here in this story, eventually, if you're patient. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks for popping by. wave
I'm sure Clark will, THINK that's the one. The thing is there's a hint in the last epic that Nightfall would have been a near miss and thus not the natural disaster in question.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
We now have an above canon body count of 6 I believe. Rachel Harris, Walt Irig, Monique Kahn, Miranda, Thadeus Rourke and Bart.
But no tidal wave! Geez. <<Psst. Tempus and Kal-El count too, I believe>>
Hmm, so does the unnaed Jeweler who showed up dead on Christmas day. OK, so that puts us to 9.

On the tidal wave issue, in canon SM stopped it before it hit ground, so there were no deaths due to it, so I don't think that is relevant.

That time she had moved in?
Wait, did she move in some other time?
She’s still referring to that same time.
It seems to me though she is talking about it as if there were multiple times.

they postponed talking again.
Not really a confession for a very public diner.
I will give Clark that. This needs to be discussed somewhere where they are securely alone. Hmm, maybe he should tell her the truth as SM, so he can first fly her somewhere where they will not be disturbed.

CLARK: I agree.
LOIS: It would have been an interview. Not a date.
CLARK: There is no such thing in Lex’s world.
Lois:The conversation after the nuclear power plant problem was exposed was not a date.

Clark:Are you sure about that?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I fixed my horrible mistake of referring to the prequel by the wrong name above.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually, I think the italics do work. It is just I was readin it in a format that had removed the italics. Sothe problem was all mine.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I was wondering, what happened with the tsunami in "Another Lois". I remember Jimmy and Lois went undercover to the honeymoon suite, but I don't remember any details of what they learned there.
Because Clark wasn't there to interrupt her search in "Another Lois", she was able to find more information than in canon (more like in "Wrong Clark"), she then went to Lex (who she was dating and didn't find any qualms in revealing Rourke's plans to), and he was able to find and fix the sabotage before the test. Rourke, Harrington, and Bart were arrested from Lois's article.

If Clark is right that Carlos is Clark reincarnated (a big if, but still) than how could the curse possibly apply to Clark. How could he possibly by the curse-linked soul when someone else present is? It probably could work, but I don't think it does.
Hmmmm. Good Point. I wonder if Clark would think of that? Or would there now be 2 men in the world with whom Lois couldn't have intimate relations?

I was thinking about whether Clark should reveal his secret or not, and I think people seem to think he should reveal it almost willy nilly.
People in the story, or Readers?

CK=SM is a really, really big secret. The only person he has ever actually told that to was Lana, and she did not react well. So, it makes sense he hesitates with Lois.
And YET you keep begging him to tell her every time the wind shifts in the story. laugh

I have to go with Virginia and say that late night, on the roof, when Clark needed to leave to look for Rourke, would not have been a good time.
razz

CLARK: Let's say, I'm thinking about it.

Anyway, he was trying to tell her when she was under the Pheremone. In fact it is mostly H.G. Wells fault she does not know.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
People in the story, or Readers?
Readers. Although I am sure Cat does not understand how hard it is to reveal his secret, since she does not understand what hiding it for so long/having it totally blow open when he tried developing it did to him. Not even M&J understand that, but since they know he grew up on an earth they might understand better.

And YET you keep begging him to tell her every time the wind shifts in the story. laugh
Well, I figure they have reached the point where she should know. I just think some others blame him too much for not telling. I understand why he doesn't, but I think he should.

CLARK: Let's say, I'm thinking about it.
Hmm, is that a good sign. Maybe it just gives him more cahnces to talk himself out of it.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it would be shocking if he did not think of how she looked in that. I am just saying that having those thoughts is not going to make things any easier for him.
clap

Phew. I think I'm caught up on this thread. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: Close? You call THAT close? Oh, Chuck. Are you sure you've had sex before?
Clark:I think we were pretty close before I ran away when you were in the blue negligee. At least I had no ability to resist other than by running.

So, you think Clark should tell Lois about the curse, and then confront Herb, should he show up later without a cure, about proof, which he can't have unless they make love, which might possibly kill Lois. dizzy
That is what they did in canon. At some level they killed Lois, but then Herb came back and restarted the universe just before she died.

Does that make things more clear?
Yes. It makes it a lot more clear why Clark is so bothered by Lois speaking to Luthor. Although, I still think he is over-reacting to the whole matter.

How would he convince her that Clark is his true self if Superman is the one who confesses?
Actually I am not sure her sense of which self is true will be effected by which one confesses.

The conversation AT his plant with all those dignitaries there? Not really an interview. Later on, Clark was with them, so CLEARLY not a date.
Clark:OK, since I was there. Still, I don't trust Luthor as far as I can throw him.

Lois:And how far is that?

Clark:Well, I don't trust him anywhere near that far.

Well, I figure they have reached the point where she should know.
LOIS: Me too.
Wait, Lois, you don't know what we are talkingabout.

Lois:I still should know it.

I just think some others blame him too much for not telling. I understand why he doesn't, but I think he should.
The truth will be revealed eventually. I couldn't have a story this long without one, now could I?
I am surprised you have gone this long without Lois finding out.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Close? You call THAT close? Oh, Chuck. Are you sure you've had sex before?

Clark:I think we were pretty close before I ran away when you were in the blue negligee. At least I had no ability to resist other than by running.
So close, and yet so far away.

That is what they did in canon. At some level they killed Lois, but then Herb came back and restarted the universe just before she died.
No, in canon, Herb did that. I don't know if alt-Clark would chance it. Would he be *able* to consummate his relationship with Lois, knowing it was a test of whether or not she would die?

Yes. It makes it a lot more clear why Clark is so bothered by Lois speaking to Luthor. Although, I still think he is over-reacting to the whole matter.
So, he's not allowed to be bothered by Lois's friendship to Lex?

Actually I am not sure her sense of which self is true will be effected by which one confesses.
Hmmmmm.

Clark:OK, since I was there. Still, I don't trust Luthor as far as I can throw him.

Lois:And how far is that?

Clark:Well, I don't trust him anywhere near that far.
Perhaps he should say, as far as Lois could throw him.

Wait, Lois, you don't know what we are talking about.

Lois:I still should know it.
clap

I am surprised you have gone this long without Lois finding out.
Have I just been slapped with a wet noodle? blush wink

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It seemed a bit like overkill, since Rourke had already planned to wash away the docks with his tidal wave.
Well, looking back, it does appear to have been the prudent choice. Still failed, though.

Harrington claimed to be undercover on a sting operation to catch Rourke and had been found out, which was why he had been tied up inside the warehouse; a statement neither Lois nor Clark placed any credence in.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
As far as they knew, Harrington had never contacted the navy and the plan was on still on course.
I just noticed that there appears to be one too many uses of "on" in this sentance.

John Pack Lambert
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard