Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
This one is a bit short but is also informative - I hope. And it's the final downswing before the pendulum begins tracking upward, in ways some of you never imagined.

huh

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I was hoping to see Lois and Clark interact in this installment, but I guess Lois needs time, and Clark knows not to pressure her.

I was really glad to see Lois wishing Clark was there.

frown that Lois thinks he will only ever be her friend. Although, since she has no clue he broke up with Rebecca, who knows what will actually happen.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terry,

I don't know why she is so hot and bothered about the missing slugs. They could have gone wild and out through the open window. They are really of no consequence. The problem would be if after catching them Lois just let them drop. Apparently that didn't happen or she would have been questioned differently.

Let's see, Clark knows that Lex is dead and the field is open for his relationship with Lois.

Lois doesn't know that Clark and Rebecca have broken up.

After Clark's talk with Lana's mother he knows he is ready to move on.

Lois had decided that she wasn't in love with Lex anyhow and was going to turn down his proposal.

One problem I can see is that Lois is going to be saddled with running LexCorp.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Urghh!

Lex was dead. Arianna was dead. Asabi was under investigation for Arianna’s death, although Lois didn’t think he’d be tried for any crime, and hopefully not even arrested. What would happen to LexCorp and the associated companies was too much to think about for the moment. If Lois were lucky, she wouldn’t be arrested either. And her powers weren’t anywhere near full strength yet, assuming they ever did come back all the way.

Asabi had placed Arianna’s lead kryptonite box up high on one of Lex’ bookshelves, positioned so that it looked like it belonged there. If her powers came back, she’d take the box and get rid of it permanently. If not, she’d ask Clark to do it
You did take her powers away! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
My guess right now is that Asabi will take over Lexcorp.

John Pack Lambert
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmm... I think we'll see Thompson again when it's revealed that Lois had motivation (Lex's will). But there are so few parts left for that! I don't want it to end!

Is it just me, or are you hinting that Asabi was in love with Lex?

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi, FoLCs! Thanks for all the interesting comments.

John, there is some Clark/Lois interaction coming up soon, so hang in there! And yay for Clark giving Lois a little space, right?

We'll see who ends up with control of LexCorp.

Ken, this is a high-profile case for this new unit of the Metro PD. They're going to want to "cross every 'i' and dot every 't'" so no one can come in later and yell, "You goofed up the crime scene and let the real killer get away!" Lex was the richest man in the city, and his death is going to have an economic impact on everyone. Chief Thompson doesn't want to be the problem, she wants to be the solution.

You're right about your summation, except maybe Lois won't be "saddled" with running LexCorp. We'll see how that shakes out soon.

Morgana, you certainly don't lack strong opinions! That's good, though. It means you're invested in the story, and that's pleasing news to any writer. But remember, just because Lois doesn't have her powers now doesn't mean she won't get them back later. And nobody has too many real friends.

AmyPrime, that part about Lex' will might be a motivation for Lois if she knew about it - but Lex' lawyers will tell the police that no, Lois had no idea what was in the will when Lex died. As far as Asabi being in love with Lex - no. I think Asabi is to Lex as Alfred is to Bruce Wayne, a faithful and willing servant who supports his employer wholeheartedly. And nothing more!

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Lucy wasn’t the only great person in her life, either. After all that had happened to her, Perry was still the best boss a woman could wish for, Jimmy was as much a little brother as she’d ever known, and Clark was still part of her world. Even if the closest relationship she’d ever have with him would be as best friends.

She wouldn’t want it to be enough, she knew. But it was better than chasing him away or making him so uncomfortable around her that one of them would have to pull away.

She’d make sure it was enough. It was a small price to pay to keep him around.
wallbash

Nice scene at the police station, BTW. You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard