Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92658 01/06/13 05:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this explanation for Lois's actions.

Comments?

Here's the link, in case you're interested in reading more of Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark . I know this is a long on-going epic (still a WIP), so I've broken the story down the shorter stories (arcs) on the TOC page in case you only want to tackle it a section at a time.

I would like to thank IolantheAlias and Mrs. Luthor for being my wonderful, hilarious, and inspiring Betas on Wrong Clark. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92659 01/06/13 05:15 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Other than the last two paragraphs this could totally fit in canon.

With the last two paragraphs and her thinking about them "almsot being in a relationship" it is more of a toss-up. Still, even that would probably work in canon.

John Pack Lambert
#92660 01/07/13 05:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Other than the last two paragraphs this could totally fit in canon.

With the last two paragraphs and her thinking about them "almsot being in a relationship" it is more of a toss-up. Still, even that would probably work in canon.
Thanks for checking this one out, even though you had already read it. laugh Yeah, I wasn't sure about including those last two paragraphs in this version, since those weren't exactly canon Lois's feelings after PML, but it makes a much better ending than just having Lois yell obscenities after she hung up. Maybe I'll take another look at those and see how to make it a bit more generic and less Clark-centric. Thanks for the FDK.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92661 01/10/13 11:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Sorry it took me so long to get here. The boards were super slow for me over the past week or so. Now, to get in feedback before hubby gets home and I make pizza!

I’m not getting married now, or anytime in the near future, and I refuse to pay twelve hundred dollars for the privilege of spending even one night in your hotel.
OUCH! Not surprised but ouch!

A tour of Metropolis? I’m from Metropolis! I could give a tour.
clap

Figures! “Okay, can you then explain how, if a ‘gift’ basket is included in the cost, it is complimentary?”
Leave it to Lois to point that out. smile

“You didn’t make this reservation? It seems that the credit card that was given to us has been verified and accepted as yours, Miss Lane,” Mr. Fredericks replied.
Sounds like some of the typical customer service people I've dealt with...

“Excuse me! Are you telling me that despite the fact that I made this reservation within this week, taking it off your hands after someone else had canceled it first, and despite the fact I was not in my right mind when I made this reservation, I am still responsible for six hundred dollars?” Lois sputtered. “That’s not even half of the nine hundred and ninety-nine dollar amount you just quoted me!”
Welcome to big business, Lois. wink

“Do you realize, Miss Lane, that the Lexor Hotel spends well over twenty thousand dollars in advertising revenue in the Daily Planet travel section yearly? Therefore, I doubt your editor will accept your libelous article for publication,” Mr. Fredericks retorted.
Touche.

It looked like she would stay at the Lexor for a night of stressful relaxation this Friday. She had a whole night in the honeymoon suite by herself to remember how she wasn't in a perfect relationship full of commitment, affection, and love.
Awww. frown

Great little vignette, Virginia. I do feel terrible for Lois though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#92662 01/11/13 08:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deadly Chakram: wave Thanks for giving my little excerpt a look-see. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry it took me so long to get here. The boards were super slow for me over the past week or so.
Hey, I'm just glad someone other than my 'Wrong Clark' readers took a chance on it. I liked it so much, I almost cut it out of the other story entirely and posted it as an original. But, evidentally, I'm not good at cutting stuff from my stories...

OUCH! Not surprised but ouch!
It's a package deal. laugh I figured the Honeymoon suite should be pricey, and Lex would charge more than others. I mean, you hear about suites costing that much, so I wondered, what it would have to have to make that suite cost that much.

Leave it to Lois to point that out.
Can't get anything past her. Well, without a pair of glasses.

Sounds like some of the typical customer service people I've dealt with...
Me, too.

Welcome to big business, Lois.
Yes, corporate math is different than what you learned in school.

Awww. frown

Great little vignette, Virginia. I do feel terrible for Lois though.
It was only a connector piece to explain why Lois stayed at the honeymoon suite, and wandered around it as if she had no idea what to do there. Yes, it's terrible for Lois, but she ended up with killer story and two nights locked in a room with Clark, so not too shabby for $250. wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard