Next Thread
Print Thread
#92524 01/03/13 12:06 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments laugh

Bonus points if you know the quote thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#92525 01/03/13 12:53 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Quote's from "Firefly." But I Googled it so I guess it doesn't count.

Hang on a minute here! Lois can't be in two places at the same time! The Lois at home is a) an impostor b) a figment of Clark's imagination c) some manifestation of an alternate dimension or timeline.

If a), then yes, someone is definitely trying to gaslight Superman.

If b), then Clark is going off the deep end and needs immediate help.

If c), then everything he's seen and heard is real - just not in his reality.

My guess is a) but I've been wrong before!

Problem is, the vast majority of visual hallucinations aren't accompanied by understandable vocalizations; i.e., you can't carry on a conversation with one. And that's what Clark just did. "Lois" didn't say much, but it's apparent that she responded to his presence and to his voice - not very nicely, but she did respond. The guy at the fire didn't seem to be an apparition either. His grin was creepy, even if I didn't actually see it.

And who is this dude yelling "Kent!" at Superman? Why doesn't Superman just look around and wonder aloud if his good friend Clark Kent is being paged? If someone is trying to discombobulate the Man of Steel, then why?

The things he's seeing and hearing sync up too well with the context of everything else around. If these were "leaks" from some other dimension, it doesn't make sense that they would interact with Clark and/or Superman. Unless, of course, someone is deliberately making those interactions happen - in which case, there are two realities being attacked.

I don't think Clark is going crazy. But I also think that he's not imagining these things. I think they're real and he's being manipulated for some nefarious purpose. That's my guess and I'm sticking with it!

Until you prove me wrong, of course.

More soon? Like today? Please?

My wife makes great snickerdoodles!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#92526 01/03/13 06:40 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am just more confused, especially about the last part.

John Pack Lambert
#92527 01/24/13 07:07 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally catching up! blush Yikes! Tempus has come back to Metropolis and is playing with Clark's mind. It doesn't help that Dr. Klein is pumping him full of Red K. I don't remember what happened the night before... something vague about a broken pot at a store. It all sounds like the work of Tempus playing with Clark's mind while he's not his full self because of the Red K.

Yes, Terry's got it right. Lois CAN'T be at two places at once. She can't be at the office wondering why she snapped at Clark, and then back at home snapping at him again. No, no, no! I thought at first that he didn't see the "wife's" face at home, but then you mention her expression, which you kind of need a face to portray. Hmmmm.

Yes, something is definitely not right in Metropolis.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard