Next Thread
Print Thread
#92454 12/31/12 07:45 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
evil

Thoughts?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

Powerful. Very powerful.

Marla was apparently James' wife. Tempus was obviously the one who set up the train crash, knowing that she'd be in mortal danger. And it worked.

mecry

That whole story was a total bummer. A flawed son, driven temporarily mad by his grief and pain, lashes out against the father he blames for Marla's death. And the misdirection you tossed in by having Lois consider that one of the New Kryptonians had stayed on Earth was genius.

notworthy You have accomplished something very difficult. You should be recognized for your talent and fortitude. Thank you for such a strong story.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Incredible ending. This story will stay with me for a long time.

The Lois/James interaction was perfect. You have a talent for writing!

Don't know if Tempus was necessary. James has a psychological rage problem and with time that would have come out with disastrous consequences.

Superman didn't fight back. Poignant. James was half-kryptonian and surely less powerful than his father but still Superman couldn't bring himself to fight his son.

The future is crossed for james. To hold him prisoner they will have to use kryptonite and everything is going to come out.

James could simmer in prison and if he ever escaped who knows what might happen.

Thanks and please continue to write the occasional death-fic.

If you are so inclined consider posting this in the Comics section of fanfiction.net under the Superman folder. Readers there would appreciate this story.

One fic you might enjoy is Spandex, Murder and Gibbs

Superman is found dead. Killed in an ingenious way worthy of Luthor devil . Only it isn't Luthor who did it. The only clue - a feather found next to Superman's body.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6560526/1/Spandex-Murder-and-Gibbs

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Wow. Powerful. Very powerful.
Thank you! blush blush blush

[quote] Marla was apparently James' wife. Tempus was obviously the one who set up the train crash, knowing that she'd be in mortal danger. And it worked.
Yep. Unfortunately. Actually, Tempus' involvement was sort of a last minute add in. I had the story written a couple of months ago but couldn't find the right ending for it, so never posted it. When I came back to it and brushed it up, I figured that would work. I'm glad it did for you too. wink

That whole story was a total bummer.
Yeah, sorry about that. peep Some things just don't leave you be until it's out of your system. Hopefully that satisfies my need for dark and distressing for the time being. I'm moving back on to some fluff next. laugh

And the misdirection you tossed in by having Lois consider that one of the New Kryptonians had stayed on Earth was genius.
Thanks. Wanted to keep you on your toes. :p

You have accomplished something very difficult. You should be recognized for your talent and fortitude. Thank you for such a strong story.
blush blush blush Aw, shucks. You gotta stop-- I'm blushing. Seriously though, thank you. blush

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Randi:
Incredible ending. This story will stay with me for a long time.
Glad you thought so! I like haunting people and being evil. wave

--Mark Twain
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Originally posted by Randi:
[b] Incredible ending. This story will stay with me for a long time.
Glad you thought so! I like haunting people and being evil. wave [/b]
Sorry you didn't get more comments. But the preferences of the L&C boards dictate that. It is what it is.

It's why I enjoy the Superman boards on fanfic.net. The readers there generally seem to like darker Superman stories laugh whether they be death-fics or stories where Superman is sent fleeing/defeated by cunning enemies like Luthor. Losing the battle if not the war which IMO is a more realistic approach.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard