Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
smile1 and dance and evil all together! Which will win out?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois is uncomfortable when he asks her to spend the night, but obviously she'll be comfortable marrying him? Umm... I think this may not turn out well for Lex. It's possible he thinks her discomfort was due to these things being in the wrong order, but I didn't see evidence of that.

He was a very sympathetic character in this chapter, other than being a dolt. smile Or blinded by love, or whatever....

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This chapter was certainly a change of pace from the dark passages we have been reading. It was just another day, Lois going to the ballpark with her boyfriend Lex Luthor when their plans are interupted by... paperwork? This was a nice refreshing and very realistic twist on things. Lex is in BIG trouble with the authorities and his board members. He needs to find answers to sspecific questions and he needs them fast!

So who better to work through the 'paper tiger' than UltraWoman! It is no doubt that was a minor blow to his ego, but he recovered nicely by making a yummy lasagna dinner. Impressive.

Its a relief she and Lex are not on intimate terms, that would cause problems.

Another dinner? An engagement? This should be a very pleasant surprise for Lois... if Arianna does not mess things up.

OK. Where is Clark in all of this?

Why hasn't Jonathan said anything about the speed and relative ease with which his son is recovering from the death of his wife? Especially after all the grief Jonathan gave him? His quiet acceptance of Rebecca's dating him is way off base.

Just saying...

Please post the next chapter!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Okay, Polly, okay! Sheesh. You'd think a muse would be kinder and gentler, but no! They're both terrible nags!

I will refrain from explaining the dark, terrifying premise they recently handed me while I respond to your kind comments.

Amy, you said:

Lois is uncomfortable when he asks her to spend the night, but obviously she'll be comfortable marrying him? Umm... I think this may not turn out well for Lex.
Very perceptive. I try to let me readers deduce what's going on in my characters' minds using their actions as much as I can. We'll read Lois' thoughts on this subject in the next chapter.

And thanks for your comment about Lex being sympathetic. It's really hard to overcome the valid preconceptions most readers have about him. I guess I was at least partially successful.

Morgana, thanks for the comments on the relationship between Lois and Lex. I promise, things will be resolved very soon. And we'll see Jonathan's thoughts on Clark's relationship with Rebecca soon too, and we'll find out what he has - or hasn't said - and why.

Arianna will be in the chapter following the next one.

Female Hawk asked a question in a feedback thread earlier, and I never answered it, so I'll do it now. In the U.S., most parents try to contribute to their children's college education, but some cannot. But there are a number of inexpensive alternatives to a budget-busting college, like government financial help (not all qualify), private funds, scholastic and athletic and professional scholarships, work programs (which is why Lucy was angling for the bookstore job), and just plain persistence over a number of years. Helping one's children financially at school isn't a requirement by any means, but most make some effort to help.

Okay! Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
The plot keeps thickening.

Just as Lois decides she will not lose any more friends to Carlin, that lady decides she might just need to kill Lex.

And we have both Lex and Ariana wanting to win.

After the last chapter where Lois was reconsidering her feelings for Clark, Lois and Lex spend a productive evening together. But at least, she didn't stay the night.

You have lots of threads going, Terry. Good job on keeping it clear and easy to follow.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard