Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex slithers out again! frown

Hey hey hey, let's hear it for the JLA! laugh

Very enjoyable.

#92145 12/21/12 09:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Although I am a big fan of Lex. His getting away with it in the end was a disappointment.

All and all a nicely written story. I know how hard it can be to complete a fic when RL is banging on the door!

Look forward to reading your next effort! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#92146 01/04/13 11:41 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I considered not letting Lex get away, but there are really two reasons that I did what I did. The first reason is that keeping Lex out of jail allows the story to mostly line up with "Lois and Clark" continuity since he doesn't get caught until the end of season one. The other reason is that Lex is one of my favorite villains, so writing him as hard to take down is fun for me.

Originally posted by Morgana:
I know how hard it can be to complete a fic when RL is banging on the door!
The next time I write a fanfic, I think I'll have a rough draft written out before I start posting instead of just having my outline like I did this time. That way, there won't be so much time between posting chapters if I get really busy at work like I did midway through this fanfic.

#92147 01/04/13 11:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Having the story completely written out, beta'd and grammar checked is one of the best ways to do a fanfic. That way if things get busy at work or elsewhere the story is ready to go. It can be posted weekly without long interruptions.

One other thing: leave the finished story with a trusted beta, just in case the unexpected happens and you cannot complete the story.

I have noticed that there are several excellent stories forever stuck in the WIP stage for whatever reason, but this way the fic is done.

Just some thoughts. wave

By the way Lex is my favorite villian! When I did Stranger in Our Midst he remained free.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard