Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After that, they continued walking; only now Lois held on to his arm. He wasn’t complaining.
Awwwwwwww

“What do you feel like doing?” she asked.
CLARK: Umm… /points at Lois/

He could walk like this all night.
LOIS: Right. Like a night-long march through the freezing cold is romantic.

His first option would be a romantic dinner for two, followed by taking her back to his place, and making love to her for…
Ooooh! Ooooh!

Since he seemed to be blessed with luck on his side tonight, he decided to take the risk.
More kissing even if she’s forbidden it?

“Let’s go to the store and get a carton of ice cream.”
clap Still, an entire carton?

Less than half hour later, their cab pulled up outside an old townhouse in the suburb of North Bridge, which looked as if it were overflowing with people.
confused

“I’ve been invited to a party. I wasn’t going to go because, frankly, I hate parties, especially family Christmas parties, but I owe someone a favor, so…” he said, giving her a sheepish grin.
[Linked Image]

The door flung open and there stood a tall older woman with short auburn hair. She looked exactly like Clark imagined Cat would in twenty years. She was dressed more conservatively than Cat, but the years had been kind to her.
[Linked Image]Ma and Pa Grant?

Lois’s hand slipped down to his and twisted his arm behind his back. He imagined that would be painful for anyone else, instead he shook his hand free and placed it against the small of her back to keep her from escaping.
clap

Clark picked up a brownie and shoved it into Lois’s mouth before she could tell Betsy how much practice Cat already had in that department.
This. Is. So. Awesome.

“We’re working on that,” he lied through his teeth, and then patted Lois on the back as she started to cough.
clap

She was dressed elegantly in slacks and a red blouse, and had pulled her auburn locks back into a loose braid at the base of her neck.
So, basically, the cat-version of [Linked Image]

“Did you expect that I dress like I do at the office with my family?” Cat said, and rolled her eyes.
Exactly. Nobody wears what he wears for the office back home. Those things are a thing of the 60s past.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Strangely enough, January passed pleasantly for Clark.
AKA Virginia wants to get to PML before the natives get restless -> goofy

Clark glanced up and caught his eye. “No. Her true love.”

Carlos laughed. “Her true love? Are you… how do they say?... cupido, senhor?”
Is ‘cupido’ Portugese for stupido?

“I know another vigilante who also doesn’t exist,” he said softly, lowering his hand and taking his glasses with it. “I know, because in a former life the Jaguar used to be me.”
So, Clark did recognize Carlos. I *was* wondering…

“Mid-March 1967? That would have been nine months after the Clark from this dimension was killed,” Clark explained.
goofy

The drawing might not have been enough to see Lois’s true beauty, or for Carlos to recognize his soul mate. It certainly didn’t show her fire.
TEMPUS: I can help with that. [Linked Image]

“Are you already married?” Clark asked. “Is that why you aren’t interested in finding your soul mate?”
Good idea. What if it’s even simpler? What if only the same generation soulmates are destined while soulmates from different generations feel more like brother and sister? And not in the way GRRM is always writing about. Incidentally, that would be to prevent weirdness should the shoulmate be reincarnated as a close relative.

“She is not minha… mine.”
LEX: That wouldn’t be a problem for me. You always *take* what you want to be yours.

And this will change life, as I know it. I, Carlos, will no longer exist, because I will be living life as…?” He waved his hand in the air unable to say the word.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

walking to his desk and taking off his scarf to reveal his clerical collar. “
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Another one? smile1 Glad you approve.

So, basically, the cat-version of <<old fashioned nun's habit>>
That's the one, although not as conservative as she was when chasing Arthur Chow.

Exactly. Nobody wears what <s>he wears for the office back home. Those things are a thing of the 60s past.
Exactly. Her mother is much more fashion forward than that.

AKA Virginia wants to get to PML before the natives get restless -> <<and send the Wildguys>>
I figure, I've already delayed the inevitable once...

He’s so going to be back just in time for PML.
[Linked Image] Where would the fun be in doing it without him? Plus, since the motivation on Miranda's part would be moot without Lex...

Did he check the zoo?
THE Jaguar. Not A jaguar.

Just in time for Lex to take a swan dive.
cool

Is Lois saying that Lex is connected to the mob? <<stunned speachless>>
No. She's not admitting it has anything to do with Lex whatsoever.

She was now solidly his best friend,
CAT: <<very sad indeed>>
CLARK: Yes, well, um... Lois is the hootchy mama I want. laugh Let's not argue semantics.

“And then, the old, fat guy I was living with, he told the older, gentle woman he kept in his bedroom and kitchen, that he wanted potroast.”
"Mom" and "Dad" aren't names. They are respective titles.

Snookums? Honeybun? Froggy? Babbling Brook? Little Tornado? Darnling? My Dear? Sexkitten?
clap

Either that or it’s not yet been a full four weeks since the last time she’s been mean to him.
Techinically the kiss was Dec. 23, and it's now beginning of February.

I just thought of something. What if another Clark stole Alt-Clark’s Lois?
CLARK: Well, in that case... [Linked Image] <<that would be a Green K-laser gun, BTW>>

yeah, but she doesn’t have Kryptonite. Except for that bling-bling watch she’s got.
Um... She could say "no" and he'd stop.

Interesting. I’ve never heard the east/west hemispheres being referred to. It’s always above and below the equator. In which case it would be “the other hemisphere”.
True, but since most of the Northern Hemisphere ignores what happens in the Southern Hemisphere (It's a fact, I'm sorry), it doesn't get used that much.

So, he’s got a harem?
Yes, each child has a different mother.

TRUE CLARK: I did ask her out within the first 72 hours of meeting her. It’s not my fault she didn’t jump into my bed for another 3.5 years. Well, except, maybe, for me not stopping her when she drove off with Luthor. Or Deter. Or I went and married that Kryptonian chick. Umm… Look at that great pastry collection there.
clap

I *am* wondering if the dear father has to bite his tongue to stop himself from flogging this particular sinner for all the stuff he’s done in disregard to the Ten Commandments.
What did he do? He says that he doesn't WANT to move forward if she's married. That's a good thing, right?

The facial hair is new, isn’t it?
Yes. That's why it's a short beard. After catching the similarities between himself and Superman, up close and personal, he decided that perhaps he should grow one.

Is ‘cupido’ Portugese for stupido?
evil

LEX: That wouldn’t be a problem for me. You always *take* what you want to be yours.
CLARK: She's not YOUR'S either, Luthor.

And this will change life, as I know it. I, Carlos, will no longer exist, because I will be living life as…?” He waved his hand in the air unable to say the word.
CLARK: <<blushes sheepishly>>
Pretty much. Oooops.

He’s gotten so frustrated by his unavailable soulmate he actually went and joined a monastery!
Wow, he gave up hope early in life.

Wait for the smell of dead socks in the newsroom and then go and <<go back to his place for some horizontal tangoing>>
CLARK: Well, hey, that does open up that possbility, now doesn't it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another one? [Hyper] Have you finally escaped RL's strangle hold?
Err…not really. I just managed to do one a day the first few days of the week.

CLARK: Well, when you never get tired and you don't feel the cold...
LANA razz

CLARK: Where exactly is that tatoo on my forehead that says "Lunkhead"?
/points at spot just above his eyebrows/

Dairy intolerance?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Err…not really. I just managed to do one a day the first few days of the week.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your quick recovery. wink

CLARK: Well, when you never get tired and you don't feel the cold...

LANA <<hates that Clark is using the truth to describe her>>
CLARK: What? I was talking about the weather!

/points at spot just above his eyebrows/
NEWSFLASH: Superman has added a baseball cap to his uniform!

You mean, hot librarian?
CAT: It's the only kind of librarian I could ever be.

TEMPUS: And this, class, is the difference between a regular human and a Mad Dog.
Ah... But Tempus would never say that, because he know (or would know if he existed) what the future brings. [Linked Image]

I’ll give you the second one. As for the rest <<hiding from his dirty mind and not suceeding>>
The EPISODE! Not the act itself.

Yeah, but it would be fun if Clark still looked.
CLARK: clap

For feedback? For Lois critiquing his technique? Erm…giving feedback?
CLARK: Hey, I'm open to feedback. Like "That was the best ever!" And "Let's do that again" right?

LOIS: You've never heard of constructive critism have you?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your quick recovery.
[Linked Image]

quote: CLARK: Well, when you never get tired and you don't feel the cold...

LANA <<hates that Clark is using the truth to describe her>>

CLARK: What? I was talking about the weather!
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I was going for Clark dragging Lana out into night-long walks in the Kansan winter.
Of course you were.

LANA: Like I would do that.

SUPERMAN: I’m a big fan of the Metropolis Metros.
(Incidentally, he did not know that the team is called the Batters in this universe and just associated himself with the Metro-gang)
We're past that stage and the Metros are currently in jail since trying to keep the West River District from Lex... er... Toni Taylor got arrested.

I was *going* for the inciting incident. But Lex could have just jumped off the balcony once Miranda sprayed the news room. Although, it would be awkward if Lex got to Lois before Lois got to Clark.
LEX: Hi, Lois. <<turns head, see Miranda who waves at him>>

LOIS: Ew. That perfume just reaked. Hi Lex.

LEX: How about dinner?

LOIS: No, thanks. I'm eatting with Clark tonight and every night for the rest of my life.

LEX: confused Why?

LOIS: He has abs. You don't. There are things one can't buy.

/interprets this as the villain has kinkier encounters than the hero/ Which is also why the girls always fall for the villain and then the hero has to kill the villain and steal the girl.
CLARK: <<shrugs adorably>> Them's the breaks. I do okay.

CAT: [Linked Image]

It’s great fun, though. It’s like real world politics set in the middle ages.
They didn't have RL politics in the middle ages?

Because objects of various car-sizes would keep dropping from the sky to the left and right of Lex?
LOIS: Did Clark just blame *me* for the curse?

LEX: Yes, yes he did.

CLARK: I did not! ER had it right. Luhtor just can't handle the plague of falling cars that Lois seems to attract. I can.

LOIS: No, you can't. You'd be squished like a worm.

CLARK: blush Right. Sorry. My bad. Hmmmm. Maybe you should date Superman after all.

CLARK: Superman! /pounds own chest/
LOIS: eek
CLARK: blush
clap

Sorry about the delayed response. I've been busy working on my uncoming Kerth quiz, and got distracted by a new comic strip I found. JL8 Thread

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Actually, I was going for Clark dragging Lana out into night-long walks in the Kansan winter.

Of course you were.

LANA: Like I would do that.
I *was*. Also, we've just had about 30cm of snow in a single day last week. The was the most snow in a single day we've had in...I think decades.
LANA: [Linked Image]

LEX: [Confused] Why?

LOIS: He has abs. You don't. There are things one can't buy.
/Lex goes and hires guy to cut out Clark's abs and bring them to him/

quote: It’s great fun, though. It’s like real world politics set in the middle ages.

They didn't have RL politics in the middle ages?
Huh. Right. Well, they don't in the usual non-historical books that feature swords and dragons. Actually, I don't think there *are* that many books about historical events that feature dragons.

quote: Because objects of various car-sizes would keep dropping from the sky to the left and right of Lex?

LOIS: Did Clark just blame *me* for the curse?

LEX: Yes, yes he did.

CLARK: I did not! ER had it right. Luhtor just can't handle the plague of falling cars that Lois seems to attract. I can.

LOIS: No, you can't. You'd be squished like a worm.

CLARK: [Embarrassed] Right. Sorry. My bad. Hmmmm. Maybe you should date Superman after all.
SUPERMAN: I would never aim a car to drop at Lois.

Sorry about the delayed response. I've been busy working on my uncoming Kerth quiz, and got distracted by a new comic strip I found. JL8 Thread
There there. /was distracted by attending conference and getting flight cancelled, complements of a snowed in airport/ Also, hilarious comic. wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I *was*. Also, we've just had about 30cm of snow in a single day last week. The was the most snow in a single day we've had in...I think decades.
LANA: <<freezing her tail-feathers off>>
CLARK: She looked positively chunky in that big heavy coat.

LOIS & LANA: [Linked Image]

/Lex goes and hires guy to cut out Clark's abs and bring them to him/
Yeah, good luck with that.

Huh. Right. Well, they don't in the usual non-historical books that feature swords and dragons. Actually, I don't think there *are* that many books about historical events that feature dragons.
But there WERE dragons in the middle ages, right? Otherwise, why have all those men walking around in metal suits?

SUPERMAN: I would never aim a car to drop at Lois.
In my version Superman wasn't admitting to be the cause of the cars falling on Luthor. wink

There there. /was distracted by attending conference and getting flight cancelled, complements of a snowed in airport/ Also, hilarious comic.
Sorry, to hear about your winter weather woes. frown My kids LOVE JL8 and even insisted that I sit down and read through the entire series with them (luckily just over a 100 panels). clap A fun new addiction.

After FINALLY watching Dark Knight Rises last night, I'm thinking Bruce Wayne really needed the assistance of a superhero to the south. That's what he gets for being all dark and broody.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOIS & LANA:
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOIS & LANA: <<threaten to bash Clark's head in>>

ER: Although why is Lois putting sisterhood above cattishness?
Because if he would say that about Lana, he could turn around and say the same thing about her.

/waits for Ralph to write a story in a Virginia story claiming the Metropolis Museum of Natural History is doing a dragon exhibit/ (after he sees the dinosaur bones being carried in the back door)
clap

You do realize that I went AWOL when I first found the Love and Capes website with the comic archive, right? Of course, *there* had been 500 panels or so.
Hey! Me, too. I like to wait about 2 weeks (to a month) before reading new ones, so I have a bunch to read at once. Not, that I recommend that with fanfiction, of course.

This looks like a much shorter endeavor to catch up. Now I just need to dig out an RSS feed. /dig dig dig/ Ahhhh… there ye are…
It's another fun distraction. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because if he would say that about Lana, he could turn around and say the same thing about her.
He wouldn’t dare.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
Lois got a green-K watch.
CLARK: help

Hey! Me, too. I like to wait about 2 weeks (to a month) before reading new ones, so I have a bunch to read at once.
/eyes preordered TPB Volume #4/ I’m just rereading the online ones to get a regular laugh laugh

Not, that I recommend that with fanfiction, of course.
/imagines EW sharing a startling similarity with Lois’s desk plants if an ER would do that/

It's another fun distraction.
[Linked Image] BTW, I so need to mail the guy maintaining the archive that he messed up strip #16 and inserted 100-something in its place…

wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[qb] CLARK: She looked positively chunky in that big heavy coat.

LOIS & LANA: <<threaten to bash Clark's head in>>

ER: Although why is Lois putting sisterhood above cattishness?
Clark:But Lois, you never look chunky in anything.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He wouldn’t dare.
CLARK: <<absolutely not, but he might be speaking sarcastically>>

Lois got a green-K watch.

CLARK: <<help>>
clap

/imagines EW sharing a startling similarity with Lois’s desk plants if an ER would do that/
Dying of thurst? Thankfully, I have wonderful Betas who still want to read my stories... of course, it might have to do with where I left off on my last cliffy... hmmmm. I really should send them part 89, after those hints I dropped about what might be in it. evil

BTW, I so need to mail the guy maintaining the archive that he messed up strip #16 and inserted 100-something in its place...
Yes, I noticed that too. I want to know what happened to #16 too.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark:But Lois, you never look chunky in anything.
LOIS: Oh, really. <<goes and puts on one of those blow up sumo-wreastler costumes>> How about now?

CLARK: wallbash You look beautiful, Lois. <<cross of be truthfull to Lois at all times off New Year's resolutions for 1994, moves it to 1995>>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. There you go: http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/image/17715783516

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. There you go: http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/image/17715783516

wave Michael
rotflol I remember this one. It's funny. laugh

I initially found this comic posted onto someone else's website, but there was a lot of other images on there (not all kid appropriate) so I searched until I found the legit page.

I wonder if Karen knows she's Clark's cousin. Probably after Diana starts dating Bruce and Bruce starts his self-regime of cootie-shots to endure it. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dying of thurst? Thankfully, I have wonderful Betas who still want to read my stories...
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
January ended with a bang, which to Clark announced that Luthor must have returned to town. The CostMart chain, the biggest rival to LexDrug, announced that they would be opening a flagship store in Metropolis by summer. Suddenly, their other location in the city was hit with a rash of thefts and vandalism, and the new store’s location was plagued by construction woes. Even Lois admitted it sounded mob based, but neither of them could discover who was behind the attacks.
I was just rewatching "Ides of Metropolis" and noticed in there that Detective Read mentions she gets her nails from Lexaid.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
January ended with a bang, which to Clark announced that Luthor must have returned to town. The CostMart chain, the biggest rival to LexDrug, announced that they would be opening a flagship store in Metropolis by summer. Suddenly, their other location in the city was hit with a rash of thefts and vandalism, and the new store’s location was plagued by construction woes. Even Lois admitted it sounded mob based, but neither of them could discover who was behind the attacks.
I was just rewatching "Ides of Metropolis" and noticed in there that Detective Read mentions she gets her nails from Lexaid.
Yes, that's the one it was supposed to be. I guess, I remembered it wrong. I'll be sure to change it to LexAid in the Archive version, when I return home. Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard