Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91990 12/12/12 07:01 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry, it's dark. Thoughts anyway?

Title comes from song Kill Your Heroes by Awolnation. The story actually has nothing to do with the song, but I love the title. More inspired by this song . laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
First thank you for going here. The death-fic.

Hopefully it will start a small trend with L&C writers.

That Superman is killed after 30 years as the hero is some comfort in the sense that he had a long career. In the "real world" such an individual would likely be taken out/over quickly by the government.

But the 30 years and mention of smile lines - Superman if he had children lived long enough to see them grown. Another comfort.

The description of Superman lying in the snow is stark. The killer was devastating in his destruction of Superman. Clearly no coming back from the dead this time.

How did he do it? No indication of kryptonite. In the "real world" the government and others would eventually come up with weapons that could kill Superman w/o needing kryptonite. Maybe that happened here.

Pete's reaction and the mention of the gray hair and small wrinkles was perfect.

The big question is who is the figure in black? I'm thinking it wasn't luthor. The title makes me think it was an unexpected killer. Maybe government related? If so why now? presumably after 30 years Superman was in the twilight of his career with all the great deeds having been done already.

The body - will the government take and dissect it to find out how Superman worked or will someone protect him from that final indignanty?

Great story.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Randi:
First thank you for going here. The death-fic. Hopefully it will start a small trend with L&C writers.
Umm, yeahhhh... Methinks not. I know how rare deathfic readers/lovers are. I pretty much only do it for my sole entertainment. laugh And now yours. evil

The description of Superman lying in the snow is stark. The killer was devastating in his destruction of Superman. Clearly no coming back from the dead this time.
Nope. laugh And thank you. blush

How did he do it? No indication of kryptonite. In the "real world" the government and others would eventually come up with weapons that could kill Superman w/o needing kryptonite. Maybe that happened here.
[Linked Image]
Pete's reaction and the mention of the gray hair and small wrinkles was perfect.
Thanks again!
The big question is who is the figure in black? I'm thinking it wasn't luthor. The title makes me think it was an unexpected killer. Maybe government related? If so why now? presumably after 30 years Superman was in the twilight of his career with all the great deeds having been done already. The body - will the government take and dissect it to find out how Superman worked or will someone protect him from that final indignanty?
Me to know and you to find out... [Linked Image]

--Mark Twain
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Originally posted by Randi:
First thank you for going here. The death-fic. Hopefully it will start a small trend with L&C writers.
Umm, yeahhhh... Methinks not. I know how rare deathfic readers/lovers are. I pretty much only do it for my sole entertainment. laugh And now yours. evil

Nope. laugh And thank you. blush

[Linked Image]
Thanks again!
The big question is who is the figure in black? I'm thinking it wasn't luthor. The title makes me think it was an unexpected killer. Maybe government related? If so why now? presumably after 30 years Superman was in the twilight of his career with all the great deeds having been done already. The body - will the government take and dissect it to find out how Superman worked or will someone protect him from that final indignanty?
Me to know and you to find out... [Linked Image]
Yup, death-fics are rare here. Fortunately fanfiction.net and the Smallville fic sites have a fair number and well done fics at that.

If you don't want to post your death-fics here please do so at fanfiction.net. They are a popular genre on the Superman board there. And your writing style is great - your attention to detail in this story. Pete's noticing the streaks of gray and small wrinkles around Superman's mouth was a poignant and interesting point. Kryptonians do age in somewhat normal time it would seem.

Children - your comment. Hmmm. The raindrop was really a tear? Now you wouldn't go there would you. :p It would explain Superman's non-kryptonite caused death. It would be too evil though.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHAT? WHAT?

Superman dead in the snow?

WHAT?

I need answers, dammit!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
WHAT? WHAT?

Superman dead in the snow?

WHAT?

I need answers, dammit!
laugh Posting tomorrow! (Sorry, can't deal with it tonight...)

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard