Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Interesting, I hope?

confused

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I am hoping than Lois realizes that Clark Kent in the man for her.

I had to laugh at Bob's comment about divorce statistics, although I would also say that divorce does not prove that a marriage was unwise to begin with in all cases, but he does have a point.

I wish we had seen Clark in this section, but we did get plenty of Jimmy and Hendwerson. I would also have to say that under the circumstances Juimmy might have been wiser to call his friends and warn them, not get them all together as sitting ducks.

I have wish Bob would be more direct in explaining to Lois what he means, but I am sure that if Bob actually said "Lois you should marry Clark", it would make it much less likely to occur.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He sighed. He knew he wasn’t getting his security deposit back, not after this party.
Only Jimmy would think along those lines after someone had tried to kill him and his buddies.

Lois was deeply disturbed after this particular attack. After all, she was not there to save Cat and that was really painful. She and the rest of the newsroom are just going over the griving process and this happens?

By the way, I like the way you described her costume as dust and starlight. It really made the outfit stand out in my mind.

Henderson, Metropolis answer to the Dark Knight? LOL!

Good to see the working of Arianna's mind. Since you said this was going to get darker, I can only assume Arianna is going to kill Lex and Rebecca. Much as I find the character annoying and way too clingy of Clark, she doesn't deserve to go out that way.

OK, so now Lois is asking Bob for love advice?

Bring on the next installment and yes, this is very interesting indeed!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I don't know, killing off Lex and Rebecca would seem like a cop-out. I think it would be much better for Clark and Lois to realize that they can;t really be truly happy with Rebecca or Lex and work through it, killing off those characters would just avoid Clark and Lois facing up to their true feelings.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
John

Agreed. If Lex and Rebecca were killed, Lois and Clark would not come to each other by design but more like default. Neither would appreciate each other that way. Reaching the proper conclusion is going to take a bit of time, hopefully they will be nudged gently and not violently into the right decision.

Let us see how Mr. Leatherwood plays this story out. wink

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just adding my 2 cents worth here.

I think that Ariana has to succeed in offing Lex. Lex knows too much to live. A spurned Lex with what he knows would be dangerous.

Rebecca on the other hand would probably come to the realization it just wasn't meant to be and dive into her research.

For what it's worth.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ohh! Time to answer all the feedbacks! Precious, precious feedbacks!

John, we'll have to wait a bit to see who realizes what, and when those realizations take place. But I promise not to drag it out too much further. And I understand your comment about divorce stats. But Bob didn't blame all divorces on the lack of common sense, just a lot of them. I know a number of people who might have chosen other mates had they known just a little bit more about their intendeds.

I didn't want Bob to say "Lois and Clark should marry" because that would create a tiny niggle of doubt in both of their minds that it wasn't their own idea after all. Good counselors point their patients in healthy directions, but they rarely just tell them what to do.

Morgana, glad you liked Jimmy's thought processes. It's funny what pops in one's mind at points of great stress. And I'm glad you liked Lois' costume visual and her description of Henderson. Arianna isn't done in this story, and she's going to make things even darker before long.

I like y'all's discussion about Lex and Rebecca. Both of them have interesting fates in store for them. At least, I hope everyone thinks they're interesting.

Next part up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say that Bob is probably right in not telling Lois and Clark who they should marry. Beyond this, as we saw with Clark and Lana, there is not just one right person for everyone. OK, Lana was too impetuous and too unwilling to make joint decisions with Clark, but I think she was improving, and for the msot part it worked.

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
Kerth
Terry, you managed to make the attempted-murder-shoot-out scene quite amusing. Of course, it helped that no one died, but you did a great job conveying Jimmy's personality through his POV. I loved the banter between Lois and Henderson.

And Lois is finally having second thoughts about marrying Lex. Why? Because there's this guy called Clark Kent. hyper

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard