#91960 12/11/12 09:04 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, Lex Luthor is hard to write for! Too ruthless for his own good! smile

#91961 12/11/12 09:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! I especially loved that last line... I know what you're saying about villains being tough (Luthor being quite a complex villain makes him all the harder) but I think you did a really good job with him. You captured the personality and voice and just sheer smugness really well. thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#91962 12/12/12 07:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex is hard to write! But when the 'voice' is downright fantastic!

Well done! I think we are all eagerly awaiting another quotable.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#91963 12/12/12 09:49 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Had I said of your *last* "Quotable" story that the POV character was very different from you? You two are birds of a feather when compared to you and Lex.

Well done writing the POV of the Anti-AntiKryptonite.

Joy,
Lynn

#91964 12/16/12 03:30 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Another great one, AK. I think you well captured Lex's delight at having a new challenge. It's an interesting and insightful angle.

I’ve already won, you see. Once you accept morals, you accept limits, boundaries that you refuse to cross and thus, *cannot* cross. You wall yourself in behind limits that make you less than you can be, and when there are lines you will not step over, there are victories you will never obtain.
This fits perfectly with Lex, but it also made me flash forward to Tempus in Season 4. Clark still had strong boundaries, of course, but he also had enough passion to declare that his ethics could disappear were anyone to go after his wife. How far he would actually go is arguable, of course, but the fact that he would feel moved to make such a statement shows character development through the years.

Kathy

#91965 12/18/12 06:11 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, everyone, for the great feedback! It always makes my day a lot better when I come back to see feedback left on these little drabbles. smile

Glad the smugness came through, Mouserocks -- that seems to be one of his defining traits in the first season, doesn't it?

Thanks, Morgana! Knowing how much you like Luthor, I'm glad you approve!

lol Your comment made me smile, Lynn -- thanks so much!

So glad you enjoyed, KathyB. I've always loved the character development we see in both Clark and Lois as the seasons progress! I guess that after having the life and the woman he'd always wanted, Clark realized just how much he couldn't let go of them. Those episodes always make me cry. smile

Again, thanks so much for the feedback!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard