comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So are these Toasters working directly with Luthor, or will we get to see the Metro Gang here as well?

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Moving up the wedding date? Although they give a reasonable answer I still don't understand. (Sigh). Bond or no bond, everyone has experienced a terrible shock with Clark dying like that. whinging

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK.

Yes, in this universe the Toasters are working secretly directly for Luthor, but, Bobby has his sources.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK.

You need to keep in mind that there is an additional incentive - Luthor!

They know that Luthor was behind local Clark's death and that Luthor is having Mrs. Cox pester Lois seeking to get her into his clutches.

One way to prevent this is to make sure that Lois is married. With anyone else, that might work, but who knows with Luthor.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually, I really don't see changing the wedding date as altering Luthor's behavior. I mean, Lois is pubblicly known to be engaged to Clark Kent. If that does not stop him trying to woo her, I don;t see how her marrying Clark will alter anything.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Precisely, but it was worth a try and since they are headed in that direction anyhow, why not?

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
For what it is worth I would assume in the alteration of this universe where Clark survived the bomding, they moved up the wedding date even more.

Actually, that leads me to what is probably the best reason to move up the wedding date. Well, two. For Lois and Clark here, the big issue is figuring out how two keep their two universes in balance, although with a time machine it might not be that hard, really. They could just retroactively export their children from one universe to the other.

From the perspective of establishing alt-Clark as local Clark in the minds of everyone around them, moving up the wedding date will seem the natural response to their friends after Clark was nearly killed in a bomd. Not that not moving it would look suspicious, but moving it looks more like the expected response. An unmoved wedding date would not draw suspicion, but a moved wedding date will lull people into thinking things are normal so that they miss any blips in Clark's stepping into the role of Clark.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

You've got it. That is precisely why they advanced the date.

As they explained it to Frank. Since one, the other or both could have been killed they didn't want to lose their chance at happiness.

As to the other - no comment.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard