Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
peep

I think this gremlin works if you pretend it's a tombstone.

Let me know what you think.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
:-( that Cat died. I'm sure the rest of the gang will bring down Carlin, so her death will be "avenged," but her life will never be brought back. She was supposed to have the chance to start over, with a good life.

And, ooh, I now dislike Rebecca! She may have hoped he would change before, but she was always interested in him as Clark. Now it seems she's just out-and-out trying to make him someone else.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to second Amy's dislike of Rebecca. Her wanting Clark to be Superman less is too much.

I just hope Lois and Clark realize the truth quickly and figure out that they are really meant for each other.

I am glad the FBI is involved as well as the MPD.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm so Cat was removed from the equation? That's really sad, she was trying to atone for her mistakes. Like I said in my earlier comments, Arianna is like a slow acting poison, sooner or later she's going to get kill.

Poor Jimmy, I really feel sorry for him, having to walk into a crime scene. Its interesting how he picked up on Lois and Clark's body language during the funeral. He's going to come to the same conclusion, that they should be together!

Cat's murder has really affected Lois. I wonder how that will translate to UltraWoman's behavior?

Rebecca has been forcing Cat to make fewer Superman appearances? I would imagine she ought to be jealous of a woman who can read her boyfriend's thoughts. This cannot be good. For anyone!

Keep going...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
You FoLCs were polite enough to post a response, so the least I can do is respond to your responses. Any more than that, though, risks becoming an endless self-referencing loop.

Amy, I'm sorry you'll miss Cat in the story. Originally I hadn't planned for her to die, but Arianna all but demanded that Cat go away permanently. And yes, Rebecca is trying to hoard Clark. We'll see how that creates ripples down the line.

John, it's about time the Feds got into the act. Carliln's crimes cross state lines, so now they have a legit reason to investigate. And we'll see how that goes, too.

Morgana, I had Lex consider some of the ramifications of the link between Clark and Lois, but not Rebecca. I guess Becca was too taken with Clark (and not with Superman) to worry too much about it.

In this story, Jimmy is more mature than most twenty-somethings, or at least he's seen more of the seamy side. We'll see that play out in the very next chapter.

Speaking of which, I need to go post something...

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
The twenty-five-caliber bullets didn’t penetrate far into Cat’s body, but they didn’t have to. Each one tore tissue and blood vessels, and the fiery burn from the combined wounds robbed her of the ability to stand. Her legs turned to jelly and she fell against the wall. Then she slid to the floor, her hands trying to cover the suddenly bloody holes in her chest and belly.
Details! wink

Cat felt a hand on her chin, then the hand lifted her head and banged it against the wall. She barely felt it. Carlin’s face seemed to be miles away.
Will this leave fingerprints? I don't remember any mention of gloves.

But he’d never seen a dead person whom he’d known in life.
Well put.

You handled the aftermath of Cat's death really well, Terry. It can be hard not to get repetitive as each person finds out about the tragedy. Good job.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard