Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments, if you please!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Nice one! Somehow I see Clark ending up with a science column in the Planet...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mr. Tempus, huh? clap

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Actually, I just wrote an analysis paper in Astronomy last week-- and I got a hundred percent on it! Can you believe it? Mr. Tempus never gives out perfect scores. He says I might have a real future in the field if I were interested."
Waaaaiiit a minute. Are we talking about time-traveling Tempus or his predecessor? If it's Tempus it's an interesting (and extremely) subtle way to convince Clark not to go into journalism. Might be interesting to see what could happen if that were the case.

Well, I think a little change never hurt anyone. You could always switch back later if you find out you don't like it later on. And-- Clark Jerome Kent! You use a glass!"

Clark flushed and lowered the milk jug away from his mouth. The ways of college life must be creeping up on him. He sped over and grabbed a glass from the cabinet to pour himself some milk.
rotflol

Clark's brain and mouth hadn't quite caught up with each other yet. "You work at the Daily Planet?"

Finally, exasperated, Lois turned and looked at him. She gave him a good once over but kept her features neutral. "Yeah, what's it to you?"

Clark nearly shrank back at another rebuff. "Nothing. I always wanted to work there when I was growing up. Spent my first two years of college majoring in journalism."

Dr. Lane turned and gave him a surprised look. "Journalism too? You're just a jack of all trades, aren't you?"

Clark smiled genuinely at that compliment, and noticed Lois giving him an odd sort of stare all of the sudden.
Interesting. The fact that he knows journalism might help him be a sounding board for her that she just might use. Although the fact that he's associated with her father might well put him in the "no way I'm dating him!" territory in her mind.

"So, Lois," he began, unsure of where to go from here. "Do you know any good places around here for lunch?" Why do I make myself sound so cheesy?

But to his surprise, Lois smiled at him. As he turned and held open the front door for her, she replied, "I think I know a couple of places..."
Well, this went better than I thought.

H.G. Wells sat across the street from Dr. Lane's office on a bench, holding a Daily Planet newspaper to hide himself from any prying eyes. He watched carefully from the pages as Lois Lane and Clark Kent stepped onto the pavement and began an almost hesitant journey together down the street, the first of what promised to be many afternoons shared in the future.

Herb smiled. Another one of Tempus' plans foiled.
So it looks like it was THE Tempus. Although I can't see how this one would have worked. Lois often checks in at STAR Labs even without Superman so there'd still be that possibility.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Goodness, I hope Clark leaves the house in one piece,
So...super teenage angst?

"I'm impossible."
hyper

"Mr. Kent? Doctor Lane will see you now."
Oh, duh! Sam.

He hoped it would get him somewhere.
How about a date with Lois? And, by extention, a date with destiny.

"Welcome aboard, Mr. Kent."
Yay! Never doubted it though.

Suddenly the door to the office swung open and both men turned to look at the intruder.
So, Lois walks in on his interview in every universe?

"Yeah, nice to meet you too. We'll chat some other time."
Clark: Dinner? Tonight? Say...7?

Today, he was going to go out to lunch and celebrate.
Me: <whispers to Clark> Take Lois.

She asked, pushing aside her thoughts on how nice a butt this Clark Kent seemed to have
<nods>

"I think I know a couple of places..."
Just avoid Ralph's Pagoda. You don't want to be rubbing the boss' daughter's stomach an hour after getting hired.

Herb smiled. Another one of Tempus' plans foiled.
laugh

What a fun little story! Loved it, Mouse!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Tempus is trying to change Utopia by sending Clark into a different field of study, where he couldn't possibly run into one beautiful brunette reporter with both professional and personal relationships in science. Maybe if Tempus got Clark's high school sweet heart pregnant, he wouldn't meet Lois, but that's no guarauntee, either.

Why do I have this strange feeling that Clark just happened to "find" his globe several weeks before because of Mr. Tempus being in dimension? Coincidence? I think not.

What is Mr. Wells doing working with Sam Lane? Did he just give Clark a personal recommendation? Did he tell Sam Lane that he'd have a better relationship with his daughter, be an even well-known scientist, and be one of the creators of a future Utopia, if he hired Clark Kent? Or did he just promise him a ride on a time machine?

Yes, I could see Sam call out to Lois from across a crowded party and out her undercover work. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia - I have the same sneaking suspicion about the globe too. wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another fun story. smile

You're not impossible. Maybe a little stubborn sometimes, but impossible?
<chuckle>

Mr. Tempus never gives out perfect scores.
Ooh. I hadn't anticipated that. shock

Clark Kent sat in the waiting room of the doctor's office a little less than patiently. He had to admit, he was nervous. It wasn't quite the job he would like, but it would get his foot in the door.
Sam Lane?

Doctor Lane will see you now."
Yep.

"You work at the Daily Planet?"
How did he manage to deduce that?

Clark stammereed
Typo alert.

"I think I know a couple of places..."
None of them being Ralph's Pagoda, I hope.

Another one of Tempus' plans foiled.
smile

Thanks for starting my day off with a smile.

Joy,
Lynn

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked how Tempus' plot was foiled.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you H.G.! We can only imagine what the conversation between you and Dr. Lane must have been!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks, everybody!

(I'll be coming back here for responses once I actually finish my nudie drawing for my final... grumble )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was fun - and deviously complicated. Tempus always has been one for complex plots.

You should consider visiting this universe again. I have to admit that I think the idea of Clark dating Lois as Sam's assistant provides for some unique story ideas.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The door slammed, shaking the house. The potato Martha was peeling flew from her hands as she jumped at the sound.

Goodness, I hope Clark leaves the house in one piece, she mused to herself as she once more picked up the vegetable and rinsed off the skin peels that had managed to stick to it after it fell.
Teenage Clark?

Martha gave a brief glance to the table just to make sure nothing had happened to it,
hyper

"Dad! I have a bone to pick with you!"
[Linked Image]

"Oh, you mean like how I was sort of in the middle of something last night when I was undercover at the Senator's ball and you called me out?! Are you in the middle of something like that?"
Oops? Is that like Crush, only gone bad? Was she there undercover as a fille de joie trying to get the goods?

Clark's brain and mouth hadn't quite caught up with each other yet. "You work at the Daily Planet?"
Zing!

Clark nearly shrank back at another rebuff. "Nothing. I always wanted to work there when I was growing up. Spent my first two years of college majoring in journalism."
And then he chose to waste his life.

"Firecracker," Clark murmured mostly to himself, still gazing off in her general direction.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hope you write more in this alt. In Season One the shuttle explosion, the invisible man, Smart Kids, the cyborg boxers, maybe the Kryptonite sample, the heat wave, pheromones, Nightfall, Vatman all could reasonably have Clark involved with them from the science side.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard