Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
By looking through the windows of their souls?
Lulu / Lori / Loisette: No! [Linked Image] You may NOT look under my shirt.
[/Quote]

Wait, who is this Lori you speak of?

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Baby steps?

No, Michael, NO Babies! Just because they spent the night together doesn't mean that she will be round with child... add the one, carry over the... by September.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
/points at Nan’s Home Series. It’s available as epubs, too.
Oh her. I actually did read the first three or so instalments in that story. I had forgotten her name.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
It’s the inside-body skin that keeps your lungs up in your chest instead of slopping down onto your kidneys and stomach.
Really? I thought it was a muscle.

Aaaaaaaahhhh…suicide-by-Lex.
[Linked Image]

Or not.
TEMPUS: <<Evil man in shades>> Didn’t I tell ya?
There's a difference between distracted and glatically stupid.

/pints Tempus-badge on Virginia/ (incidentally, it also works as a temporal locator beacon)
Thanks. Hey, what's that? [Linked Image] Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oooh! Ooooh! Do we still call it a Deathfic when Lex dies? Or is that usually referred to as a dramedy?
It depends on the writer's style.

/is not so sure about indigenous tribes living inside the Amazonian rainforest/
Still think it would be frowned upon.

I can see the differences of the two universes actually started way back further than Clark originally thought.
What? You think they would've let him take a peek?

Originally posted by John Lambert:

Yep, that's the one I was referencing. Ken also uses Lori in his Matchmaker series.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh her. I actually did read the first three or so instalments in that story. I had forgotten her name.
You should really finish it! It's a terrific series. notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Really? I thought it was a muscle.
Right. /checks Wikipedia/ sheet of skeletal muscle.

quote: Or not.
TEMPUS: <<Evil man in shades>> Didn’t I tell ya?

There's a difference between distracted and glatically stupid.
CANON LOIS: See. I was just distracted by the rockin’ hot bod’ of my husband to be.

Thanks. Hey, what's that? <virignia gets suckered into writing another epic> Noooooooooooooooooooooo.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: Really? I thought it was a muscle.

ER: Right. /checks Wikipedia/ sheet of skeletal muscle.
EW: clap

Lori
Speaking about this name... Now that I know more about Superman's comics canon, and know he was once in love with a mermaid named "Lori", it's kind of surprising that Lois would came back with that name. (Clark really likes the letter "L" doesn't he? Must be some subconscious thing dating back to him being a Kal-"el", so he thinks every woman who's name starts with "L" must be his. It's why Mayson never stood a chance, and why he really shouldn't have been flirting with Linda. Right? wink )

EW: You should really finish it! It's a terrific series.

ER: I know. But I’ve got so much stuff to catch up on so I can’t get to everything right away
Um... Michael, haven't you read Nan's Home series? <<I think you're the one who recommended it to me>>

Or did you mean Ken's story. Yeah, that has some twists and turns in it too.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Speaking about this name... Now that I know more about Superman's comics canon, and know he was once in love with a mermaid named "Lori", it's kind of surprising that Lois would came back with that name. (Clark really likes the letter "L" doesn't he? Must be some subconscious thing dating back to him being a Kal-"el", so he thinks every woman who's name starts with "L" must be his. It's why Mayson never stood a chance, and why he really shouldn't have been flirting with Linda. Right? wink )
But said Mermaid had the initials LL. I do not remember her name, but since at some level she was the key to Clark and Lois calling off their engagement in the comics, which at least accroding to some things I have read is why they did the clone-arc instead of having the actual marriage at that point in Lois & Clark, I dislike her on multiple levels so don't bother to find out her name.

That said, since Linda's last name was King, she had no chance of become Clark's love insterest. Now if her name had been Linda Ling, she would have had a good chance. Anlong with Lena Losonova, Lucy Liu and lots and lots of other women with double l names.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But said Mermaid had the initials LL. I do not remember her name, but since at some level she was the key to Clark and Lois calling off their engagement in the comics, which at least accroding to some things I have read is why they did the clone-arc instead of having the actual marriage at that point in Lois & Clark, I dislike her on multiple levels so don't bother to find out her name.
According to the comics I just read from the late 1950s (doubtfully the ones to which you refer) back when Clark was in college (Met U, strangely enough) he met a woman by the name Lori Lemaris, who was in a wheelchair. He fell in love with her and asked her to marry him, upon which she told him that she was from Atlantis and had to return to the sea. <She had figured out he was Superman, BTW>. He never saw her again. <well, not to the point and time of when the flashback occured.>

Now, if Lori had reappeared while he was engaged to Lois and they had kissed, YES, I could understand why Lois would dump Clark and run off to Europe and do uncover investigative work. I'm not familiar that storyline <why Lois went away>, but I thought it had to do with Clark revealing his Super side to her and her being ticked off that he had been lying to her for 50 years.

So, I don't see how Lori Lemaris could have anything to do with the clone-arc. Actually, the marriage in the comics happened BEFORE LnC got married (S4). It happened during the clone-arc marriage. The set it up to be at the same time, and I've read that the fans <<and comic book writers>> were terribly upset that the LnC marriage was a sham, while the comics one was real, as they were BOTH supposed to be real.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I do admit that I was cautious about that whole premise in Home at first so it wasn't my *first* Nan-cycle that I read. But I *was* firmly convinced by the end of the introductory vignette. And I *did* reread it at least once since. Sadly, not more than once. But there's so much stuff going on and also, it's fun to forget as much as possible before rereading. /mutters about needing to *finally* reread the Thrawn Triology/ Actually, is it still rereading when you read it for the first time in English instead of the translated version. So, yeah, that's now over a decade that I've last read it. 15 years? Umm... but I disgress.
I was nervous about the premise of Nan's Home series as well (due mostly to her HUGE Author's warning at the beginning), but after reading it I found Nan's writing so engaging and compelling, I read through the whole series probably over the course of a week or two. <<ah, those sad days when I wasn't writing an epic>>. She's such an excellent writer able to weave the A Plots and B Plots so beautifully, I feel very hyper

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: CANON LOIS: See. I was just distracted by the rockin’ hot bod’ of my husband to be.

CLARK: That works for me.
Looks like he’s finally learned to not even insinuate that his wife might be stupid. At least in her presence.

Hey, I've already promised triple digits on this one,
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] But said Mermaid had the initials LL. I do not remember her name, but since at some level she was the key to Clark and Lois calling off their engagement in the comics, which at least accroding to some things I have read is why they did the clone-arc instead of having the actual marriage at that point in Lois & Clark, I dislike her on multiple levels so don't bother to find out her name.
According to the comics I just read from the late 1950s (doubtfully the ones to which you refer) back when Clark was in college (Met U, strangely enough) he met a woman by the name Lori Lemaris, who was in a wheelchair. He fell in love with her and asked her to marry him, upon which she told him that she was from Atlantis and had to return to the sea. <She had figured out he was Superman, BTW>. He never saw her again. <well, not to the point and time of when the flashback occured.>

Now, if Lori had reappeared while he was engaged to Lois and they had kissed, YES, I could understand why Lois would dump Clark and run off to Europe and do uncover investigative work. I'm not familiar that storyline <why Lois went away>, but I thought it had to do with Clark revealing his Super side to her and her being ticked off that he had been lying to her for 50 years.

So, I don't see how Lori Lemaris could have anything to do with the clone-arc. Actually, the marriage in the comics happened BEFORE LnC got married (S4). It happened during the clone-arc marriage. The set it up to be at the same time, and I've read that the fans <<and comic book writers>> were terribly upset that the LnC marriage was a sham, while the comics one was real, as they were BOTH supposed to be real. [/b]
You might be right about it not being part of the Clone Arc, but Lori did show up in the comics in the early 1990s, and she somehow finagled her way into being a part of Lois and CLark breaking up for a time.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You might be right about it not being part of the Clone Arc, but Lori did show up in the comics in the early 1990s, and she somehow finagled her way into being a part of Lois and CLark breaking up for a time.
My local comic store just closed whinging , so unfortunately it will be difficult for me to catch up on the prewedding drama that was Lois and Clark the comics. But I could totally see Lori coming back and Clark feeling conflict since he HAD asked her to marry him (at one point).

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] You might be right about it not being part of the Clone Arc, but Lori did show up in the comics in the early 1990s, and she somehow finagled her way into being a part of Lois and CLark breaking up for a time.
My local comic store just closed whinging , so unfortunately it will be difficult for me to catch up on the prewedding drama that was Lois and Clark the comics. But I could totally see Lori coming back and Clark feeling conflict since he HAD asked her to marry him (at one point). [/b]
From what I have read it was not Clark getting conflicted. It was him being too friendly to Lori and Lois getting mad and calling the wedding off because she thought her fiance was too friendly to other women.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
From what I have read it was not Clark getting conflicted. It was him being too friendly to Lori and Lois getting mad and calling the wedding off because she thought her fiance was too friendly to other women.
Hmmm. That seems like a more than reasonable red flag for Lois to return her engagement ring and go to places unknown. No wonder she calls him "lunkhead".

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard