comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am a bit confused, didn't Clark already say he planned to stay, or did I misunderstand?

So Clark has not gone back to the planet. He is officially recovering from the bombing in an undisclosed location?

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The private funeral was very sad. Lois and the Kents were in a lot of pain, but very strong to do things this way.

So alt-Clark will be stepping in the deceased Clark's shoes? This is a very interesting concept, looking forward to reading more.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK.

Sorry for the confusion. Herb dropped him off for a 3 month stay. It is up to Alt Clark to try and establish a relationship with this Lois in that time if he can. If he us successful fine, if he needs mote time then Herb will leave him there for an additional incriment.

It is totally up to Lois to decide if the relationship is a go.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK.

Yes, after their conversation they have decided to have him try to fill in for local Clark. Fortunately since he is supposedly recovering from injuries sustained in the bomb blast he will have time to learn what he needs to know.

Keep in mind that he has,at this point, been interacting with Lois and the Kents for several weeks and we are looking at several more weeks before he will be appearing in Metropolis.

All of this elapsed time will have had the effect of getting everyone beyond the grief at the loss of local Clark and ready to move on.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That does make perfect sense, it will also allow him time to acclimate himself to this world. Well done!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

I do strive to be realistic. In this one I really need to give a nod to my beta readers, especially Ray. He beat me about the head and shoulders unmercifully about the grieving process and the time elapsing. I think the story is better for it.

kj
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
The nitrogen chamber to prevent decay of Clark's body is sort of weird. It's not going to bring this world's Superman back and it's not like the Kents are going to dig up the grave and open the coffin. That would indeed be weird.

So what is the purpose?

Is there a method to this seeming "madness"?

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Randi,

Think of Bureau 39's search of the Irig farm. Anything can happen.

If there were a missing person report and the police brought out dogs, they could alert on thr scent of decay and ask some rather embarrassing questions with the potential of compromising a secret identity or two.

Best to avoid that by preventing decay in the first place.

kj
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Randi,

Think of Bureau 39's search of the Irig farm. Anything can happen.

If there were a missing person report and the police brought out dogs, they could alert on thr scent of decay and ask some rather embarrassing questions with the potential of compromising a secret identity or two.

Best to avoid that by preventing decay in the first place.
Things do happen. Would not it be wiser to cremate Clark? The nitrogen is no full-proof guarantee. No chance of anyone discovering.

Also, just wondering.

The red-K that transferred powers to lois transferred life-force too presumable.

What if it happens again? Not to say it would but would the portion of Superman's life-force Lois got reanimate Clark? Given his intact body.

Now that would complicate things. One Lois and two Clarks.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Randi,

Some people have a fundamental objection to cremation.

The chamber that was used was like a baro chamber used for decompressing divers with the bends. It was completely air tight.

The Kryptonite in this case was a hybrid form of red/green and resulted in a complete transfer of the physiological characteristics from Clark to Lois. Dr. Klein was unaware of who he was dealing with. That is why when they went to see him, after his analysis he stated that Superman was now physiologically fully Earth human whereas Superwoman remained FULLY KRYPTONIAN human. It wasn’t until they revealed their true identities that he realized that something serious was up. Until that point he had believed that they were both Kryptonian.

As far as it happening again, that effect affected both of them simultaneously and will not repeat. They tried and failed so the change is irreversible.

There is just as much chance of Clark being reanimated as there is of that happening to Alt-Lois.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard