Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Reviews here, please! Make my day. smile1 Also, yes, I know the timeline's a little bit off, since I'm fairly sure that Individual Responsibility takes place after Daylight Savings time changes... but just go with it. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Very cute and delightful - a great way to start my morning!

Kathy
http://www.chili-everyway.com/

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Mouse,

Welcome back!

Very entertaining! So apropos to the season since we just did the time change.

Looking forward to more from you.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome back, Mouse! We've missed you. smile

Seven o'one.
So...date night?

Lois was going to kill him.
<nods>

Ever since that one time when she'd made a point of him being there,
Okay, so not *quite* the date night I was thinking of.

He didn't like wearing the suit underneath his clothes when he and Lois were alone.
Too many layers if they want to get...frisky?

Number one, it reminded him that he shouldn't run off at every miniscule cry for help.
That too.

Number one, it reminded him that he shouldn't run off at every miniscule cry for help.
Six minutes to fly to her place? But...he can make Hawaii in *two* minutes.

Clark: That's because it was my honeymoon and I was *really* tired of being a v...very patient man.

He glanced at his watch one last time-- it was seven-thirteen now
No super speeding up the steps? Too afraid of getting caught?

Lucy had been visiting and naturally had wanted to spend time with her sister on the one Saturday where Clark had literally nothing to do and no crimes to stop.
Ain't that always the way? wink

something that looked like miniature meat tongs, which Clark could only imagine being quite painful if it actually had use for the face.
clap

"I Daylight Savings? You mean it ends this weekend?"
I kind of figured but clap

What a fun little way to start my day! Thank for that. And again, welcome back!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap

Aw, Cute! laugh Personally, I'm a fan of Daylight Savings. Like Clark here, I find it improves my day's timing immensely ^_^ (well, in the fall wink )

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was hysterical! I kept wondering if Lois was going to be upset because Clark was late for their date yet again. But she surprises everyone (including Clark) by being late...er early. Oh rats, you know what I mean...

Nicely written!

Welcome back Mouserocks! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse, I'm glad you were able to channel your RL woes into your writing and not have it be all angsty.

This story was fun. I love Clark counting down every minute he was late only to have Lois open the door not even half-dressed! clap

Thanks for the chuckle!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say this was a fun story, but I can't help pointing out it does not really work with the chronology of the show.

By the time daylight savings time ends Lois knows Clark's secret.

Well, I did find it fun, so I will try to say it belongs in some alternate universe. An alternate universe where Clark was smart and started dating Lois early second season. Hmm, I think that works.

John Pack Lambert
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for the smile. I always enjoy a light-hearted story involving a squirming Clark.

IIRC, this could even be a belated response to a challenge. I know I wrote a story about daylight savings time in response to a challenge; let me go look...

Ah, yes. Here\'s the link to the challenge.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks everybody! Feels pretty good to be back! Despite the fact that I'm still operating at high stress levels... Not enough time to comment extensively, but I'll get back to it, I swear!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very cute! I don't care that their DST doesn't match ours -- it's a cute, fun vignette and if we can believe a man can fly, we can believe they change their clocks at a different time than we do. wink

The funny thing is, I was all set to give Lois a hard time. Here Clark has been on time for weeks, and the one time he's a little late, she decides to "teach him a lesson" by changing back into her robe and refusing to go out because he didn't show up on time. At least that was my theory until you showed how clever you were! thumbsup

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, so I'm coming back. Life's been stressful and I've been writing a lot.
wave Welcome back, Mouse!

He was a dead man. He said he'd be there at seven. It was now seven o'one. And he hadn't left his apartment yet.
Oh boy. A take on that date-ep from the end of Season 2?

Clark had to take a quick shower.
So, he’ll be there at seven o’two?

Number two... well, if he wanted to get comfortable with Lois, it wasn't in the way. Not that they had ever gone so far before, or anything had happened between the two of them where the suit might become visible, but better safe than sorry.
So, taking it off is like having that little foil package in his wallet?

He glanced at his watch one last time-- it was seven-thirteen now-- and mentally started preparing himself.

"Just a minute!" Lois' voice wafted out through the door of her apartment.
Oh? Running late, too?

The door swung open and Clark's smile dropped, his expression changing to one of confusion at the sight that met him.
She wearing ‘more-than-a-date-tonight’ wear?

She was practically in a state of undress,
Ooooh! And somebody should explain things to Clark there…

Then again, the idea of Lois having anything to do with cooking sounded more preposterous,
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard